You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It is retarded to suggest that the only factor in club's transfer strategy is age. It seems it is an important one to them, but not the only one.

And for that to somehow be opposite to instant success is twisting things. If we bought Hazard or Aguero that would give you both. Much like Suarez has or Torres did.

In short, Silverlining and Code are once again going mental over nothing.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you do realise that the players themselves have a say in whether they come?

We are what we are, a once massive club who have had a couple of nightmare years.

It's like Gerrard being bought by Ajax, very fucking unlikely.

Big club we undoubtedly are, but get some perspective, the big, big name targets will be likely drawn to money and/or the CL.

The signings that Man City made last season are testament to how much sway money, as opposed to recognition of the size of a club, has on the modern players.

Look at the cunts filing off to Russia to play, or back to Brazil where the money is greater for some of the top players than at any European giant.

I'd love to sign Contrao and Banega, but I'm sure all the G14 clubs would also like to, as would most of the clubs in the CL.

Unfortunately, when the agent asks the player what clubs he would like to go to, he will most likely say "one in the CL, who will pay me more than I'm on now".

We won't even pass the first stage of screening, our interest would be thrown in the bin, maybe not even mentioned to the player in some cases.

Downing, despite his downbeat aura, really isn't an option to be sniffed at.

The fact we are back in for him is a great signal, to me, that we're actually going to enhance the areas of the squad that we've all be moaning about for the last 2 years. No, it's not David Silva, but it's the stepping stone to next season where players like Hazard and Silva would take our interest seriously once more.

It's not just money and wages.

If Blackburn had offered Torres more money than Chelsea, he would still have joined Chelsea.

It's also propensity to win trophies and play in the CL.

Shitty may have paid stupid wages, but they also delivered both of the above, justifying a few of the players' decisions to go there in the first place.

If you actually read what silverlining is saying, he isn't having a POP at JWH, well a bit maybe, but maintaining a healthy caution with new owners is essential. We had exactly the same thing with the last ones because everyone was so optimistic that we let our guard down. Now I am optimistic, far more so than Brendan, but it has to be tempered with an awareness that people in business are very good at saying the right things. We have to make sure they are doing the right things too. I do think that his comment about things going on behind the scenes is not said because he thinks he suddenly knew about football, but because he is very much in the loop and trusts Kenny and Comolli.

So far I have been pleased with what they have done and I am confident we will soon be enjoying success, not least because we have kenny in charge. However we would be wise not to read too much into stuff like this, which, while nice, is not enough to have them crowned as saviours. So, to sum up, good so far, but let's not get sold by cheap words if they are not backed up by actions. Also, we need people like Brendan, even if he is a pessimistic twat.

If you actually read what silverlining is saying, he isn't having a POP at JWH, well a bit maybe, but maintaining a healthy caution with new owners is essential. We had exactly the same thing with the last ones because everyone was so optimistic that we let our guard down. Now I am optimistic, far more so than Brendan, but it has to be tempered with an awareness that people in business are very good at saying the right things. We have to make sure they are doing the right things too. I do think that his comment about things going on behind the scenes is not said because he thinks he suddenly knew about football, but because he is very much in the loop and trusts Kenny and Comolli.

So far I have been pleased with what they have done and I am confident we will soon be enjoying success, not least because we have kenny in charge. However we would be wise not to read too much into stuff like this, which, while nice, is not enough to have them crowned as saviours. So, to sum up, good so far, but let's not get sold by cheap words if they are not backed up by actions. Also, we need people like Brendan, even if he is a pessimistic twat.

I vacillate between retarded optimism and hopeless pessimism.

I just remember the fact that under G&H we broke transfer records and paid huge sums of money for the likes of Masher and Torres. For a while there, it did all look pretty good, as long as you didn't ask too many questions.

But I'll hold my hands up and say most of my ire is probably due to the fact that we haven't signed any of the players (or type of players) that I think we need.

Jonah545711 Simon Jones

@John_W_Henry are we making progress on the new stadium plans?

@Jonah545711 Simon, an incredible amount of work has been underway on this issue. It would be helpful for fans to get an official update.

Nice the way he's addressing people by name. It's a nice touch

Wonder how he will respond to my twitter name.

"Hey Porky shut the fuck up" probably.

I vacillate between retarded optimism and hopeless pessimism.

I just remember the fact that under G&H we broke transfer records and paid huge sums of money for the likes of Masher and Torres. For a while there, it did all look pretty good, as long as you didn't ask too many questions.

But I'll hold my hands up and say most of my ire is probably due to the fact that we haven't signed any of the players (or type of players) that I think we need.

I'm reading an epic swindle at the moment, whig has made me remember just how gullible we were. I do think this lot seem like decent owners though, but its a good idea to maintain a healthy caution.

I will bump this thread and slag you off if everything goes well mind.

this thread is fucked

Was just thinking that when I seen Code and you agreeing.

I'm scared.

People are right to be asking questions, but some could do it with a little less of a drama queen style.

I'm still chuckling that people thought we would go out and buy world superstars from Spain and the likes. We are building for the future and I have argued with a many a poster on here about how I feel we should have done this years earlier.

Let's just build a dynasty that cannot only catch but move further away from United.

Ok, you do realise that the players themselves have a say in whether they come?

We are what we are, a once massive club who have had a couple of nightmare years.

It's like Gerrard being bought by Ajax, very fucking unlikely.

Big club we undoubtedly are, but get some perspective, the big, big name targets will be likely drawn to money and/or the CL.

The signings that Man City made last season are testament to how much sway money, as opposed to recognition of the size of a club, has on the modern players.

Look at the cunts filing off to Russia to play, or back to Brazil where the money is greater for some of the top players than at any European giant.

I'd love to sign Contrao and Banega, but I'm sure all the G14 clubs would also like to, as would most of the clubs in the CL.

Unfortunately, when the agent asks the player what clubs he would like to go to, he will most likely say "one in the CL, who will pay me more than I'm on now".

We won't even pass the first stage of screening, our interest would be thrown in the bin, maybe not even mentioned to the player in some cases.

Downing, despite his downbeat aura, really isn't an option to be sniffed at.

The fact we are back in for him is a great signal, to me, that we're actually going to enhance the areas of the squad that we've all be moaning about for the last 2 years. No, it's not David Silva, but it's the stepping stone to next season where players like Hazard and Silva would take our interest seriously once more.

I was making a point re put up or shut up.

Words mean nothing especially with a strategy that doesn't work in this league. If we offer huge transfer fees and wages we will get players. This is what owners of LFC should be doing, the biggest clubs in the world spend the most. As it stands I have no proof we have the right owners.

I am willing to wait and give them a chance and will not shout and scream until I see the squad for the first day of the season.

I was making a point re put up or shut up.

Words mean nothing especially with a strategy that doesn't work in this league. If we offer huge transfer fees and wages we will get players. This is what owners of LFC should be doing, the biggest clubs in the world spend the most. As it stands I have no proof we have the right owners.

I am willing to wait and give them a chance and will not shout and scream until I see the squad for the first day of the season.

Aren't you going to wait and see them play?

I am fucking delighted after today and it shows to me the owners are on the right track and maybe I am being a bit over optimistic buy just maybe Adam and Downing arent are first choice targets, Moussa said we were talking to him over the weekend and maybe were doing the same with Eden and maybe these two player are being used as back up and dont actually know it. The longer it goes without us signing either Adam ro Downing the more optimistic I am that a couple of major sigining will be made this Friday

Guest ShoePiss
We are going to buy Adam, Nick. And probably Downing too. It's better for you to accept this now, so the meltdown isn't post-tsunami-Japanese-reactor stylee.

It's much better to see him go from one extreme to another.

Nick, I really like how your own blind guess can delight you. You could make yourself eternally happy by continually making up good news for yourself.

My true opinion is this: I don't care what John Henry's opinion is about anything related to football, because he isn't qualified to fucking have one.

Would you say that a team of Mr Henry, Kenny and Commoli have more of a grasp of finance business and football than you> I would say they do so quieten down.

RIS i have said my say on the potential signings and if they join they will have my full support and I wlll be rooting for them to help us to number 19 whatever my personal feelings where before they signed.

However I am sure both of these signings could have been completed by now and I obviously hold out the possibility of us signing Scooby Dooby

It's not just money and wages.

If Blackburn had offered Torres more money than Chelsea, he would still have joined Chelsea.

If Blackburn had any genuine desire and ability to pay big money for a host of signings, and not just one marquee signing, then they might well attract people.

That was Shitty's MO, they put in the massive bids for Kaka and the rest, which sent out the message that they were going to spend, spend, spend on lots of players, which is why the likes of Silva signed up.

But Shitty also went through the period of having to buy from British clubs for a while, the likes of Adam Johnson, Joleon Lescott, Manny Adebayour, Roque Santa Cruz, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Carlos Tevez, Kolo Toure, all were necessary in order to beef up the team and help them compete in the short-term while they worked on bigger targets for the longer term.

I'm not surprised that we're working the same game-plan with Carroll, Henderson, and likely Downing, perhaps Adam and Clichy as well, not to mention our bid for Jones.

Silva was an exception to the rule, and later Dzeko, though he joined in January when the CL qualification looked more probable.

I just don't understand your issue with the current situation, is it Wickham that has broken the camel's back?

We didn't want him for that much, he just isn't worth it, I don't see much difference between him and NGog for fucks sake. Big, rangy striker with a poor conversion rate. One cost £1.5m, the other cost £13m.

Nah, fuck that, move on. Perhaps Noel Roux will be on his way now.

And speaking of the 3rd striker berth (or fourth, if you include Kuyt), I'd love to see us go in for Forlan now. Perfect stop-gap striker for 18 months/2 years, can score or link play, has experience, knows Suarez well.

Would prefer him for £5m than Aguero for £40m. Love Aguero, but Lavezzi is equally impressive and would cost half that. Don't want us to rush into massive signings just because the transfer window is dragging on, that's not a way to run a club.

Patience.

But don't be surprised if we only get the one big overseas signing this Summer.

Newish to this, but ardent fan of over 30 years and season ticket holder...We must trust FSG and not label with previous owners attributes.....they said the right things but quickly didn't deliver, Henry has already delivered to an extent with players and manager and is engaging with fans in an open and understandable way considering apart from the transfers mentioned their has been very little activity at all.. lets see the next few weeks now vacations are over.....I trust because we need too

And speaking of the 3rd striker berth (or fourth, if you include Kuyt), I'd love to see us go in for Forlan now. Perfect stop-gap striker for 18 months/2 years, can score or link play, has experience, knows Suarez well.

Would prefer him for £5m than Aguero for £40m. Love Aguero, but Lavezzi is equally impressive and would cost half that. Don't want us to rush into massive signings just because the transfer window is dragging on, that's not a way to run a club.

Patience.

But don't be surprised if we only get the one big overseas signing this Summer.

Of all the threads to suggest signing Forlan, you pick this one.

If John Henry tweets tomorrow we will only sign black players you will soon be on here suggesting Scott Parker and Kevin Davies.