You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this place makes me feel guilty for feeling even slightly optimistic. It just goes to show how badly H&G broke the spirit of the fans and the club.

No harm feeling optomistic, but it's the people who are having a go at others for saying that they don't think we'll win the title this season that need to give their heads a wobble.

Hopefully Henry will turn out to be an excellant owner, but we've no idea yet.

Its been said before but think about it people. this time last year we had cancer and aids owning the club (which looked like going bust) Hodgson in charge and el sulk whinging about not seeing new players. Now 12 months on FSG, Kenny, Suarez and Carroll have shown that we dont know whats round the corner.

Have some patience as the window is only open for 55 days, 11 hours & 37 mins.

Guest davelfc

Isn't it exactly one year since that total fuckwit twat hodgson was appointed (shudders)

How far we have come since then.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.

Re: JWH Aquilani comments from last week. I noticed that some people have been critical of him tweeting during matches and tweeting about his opinion on players etc. Personally I think its great that he is taking such an interest. To me its coming across like he is a supporter of the club rather than an owner, which is quite endearing.

Perhaps his Aquilani comments were a little rash as one swallow summer does not a summer make, but he was genuinely excited about Aquilani's performance which is great.

Guest Jon Snow
BUMP.

Re: JWH Aquilani comments from last week. I noticed that some people have been critical of him tweeting during matches and tweeting about his opinion on players etc. Personally I think its great that he is taking such an interest. To me its coming across like he is a supporter of the club rather than an owner, which is quite endearing.

Perhaps his Aquilani comments were a little rash as one swallow summer does not a summer make, but he was genuinely excited about Aquilani's performance which is great.

Yeah even at very least as you put it so well is a supporter that's fantastic.But also he does notice when players perform well which shows he understands the game at some level which is also a good sign.

I wouldn't get too carried away about Henry. Never loose sight of the fact that he has bought lfc as a vehicle to make money. I don't believe that you can develop a true love fir a team or club overnight just because you spent some money on it. If I had a spare 500 million I might buy or invest in a us baseball team. Yeah id want them to win and be successful, I'd say all the right things to the fans but I wouldn't care about them as much as I cared about lfc. I recon its the same for any of these owners. All we can hope for is that they run the club in a responsible way whilst they are the custodians of it.

If Henry wanted to make money, he would have bought property or traded stocks. Buying a sports team is a terrible way to make money, because it requires a true acumen in the area and a certain determination, patience, and passion for the team.

Can't agree mate. Ultimately he and his consortium are in it for the money. They see the potential in developing the "brand" world wide something that lfc can offer a unique opportunity in. Once they have done this they may decide to sell on at a tidy profit. Or they may keep hold of it and reap the financial rewards. Either way it's for the money not the love.

If Henry wanted to make money, he would have bought property or traded stocks. Buying a sports team is a terrible way to make money, because it requires a true acumen in the area and a certain determination, patience, and passion for the team.

Stop talking sense. Aguero or Mata any minute now!

“I’m pleased John is so up to speed on using a social networking site,” said Dalglish of the American’s praise of Aquilani. “We will judge every player on what they do.”

Little bit of tension there? This is why I don't like it because it opens the door for journalists to run straight to Kenny and pester him about it.

Maybe I am old school, but I really don't like the owners making pronouncements on the playing squad which could be spun as undermining the manager, even though there is no chance that is the intention.

Kenny should not be being put in a position where he has to comment on his bosses opinion, and it's noteworthy that he swerved backing it up.

Very naive mate. Him and his company and investors are in it for the money. No other reason.

It's not just abot trying to make a cleaer profit out of Liverpool, but also about using our huge name in teh sport to promote other parts of their business.

What we must hope, and what so far hopefully seems to be the case, is that they understand that a successful team has more of a chance of making money then a failed one.

“I’m pleased John is so up to speed on using a social networking site,” said Dalglish of the American’s praise of Aquilani. “We will judge every player on what they do.”

Little bit of tension there? This is why I don't like it because it opens the door for journalists to run straight to Kenny and pester him about it.

Maybe I am old school, but I really don't like the owners making pronouncements on the playing squad which could be spun as undermining the manager, even though there is no chance that is the intention.

Kenny should not be being put in a position where he has to comment on his bosses opinion, and it's noteworthy that he swerved backing it up.

Agree totally.

Kenny is no shrinking violet, so I’d imagine he has been on the phone to Henry telling him to shut the fuck up. I would hate to have another manager falling out with the owners, so hopefully this one can be nipped in the bud quickly. But Kenny’s reply certainly suggests he wasn’t happy.

I agree. Somebody in henrys pr team must be telling him. Get on twitter and form a bond with the fans. They'll love you for it and it's all the rage. Kenny is right aqua man should fuck off. He's a snivelling little shitbag who can't hack our league.

Couldn't disagree more on that. He could sell Liverpool today and walk away with more money than was spent on buying just because we're not in a position of financial distress. Even the other two cunts had an opportunity to walk away with 100 million profit each early on but lost out due to Hicks' greed.

If FSG left the club with a new stadium and a place in the Champions League they would more than double their money.

By the way, as long as they do well by us I have no issue with them walking away with a profit but just saying.

Guest ShoePiss

Henry needs to shut the fuck up, Kenny should never have to respond to shite like this. Henry doesn't know anything about the sport, pay the bills and fuck off.

Guest ShoePiss
Pay the bills and fuck off? He has as much a right as most to comment on layers. Its not the best thing to do in most circumstances though..

yeah, shut the fuck up. Stop talking about shit he doesn't understand and then Kenny doesn't need to comment.

Pretty simple shit, pay the fucking bills and shut the fuck up.

I'm all fucking ears when he wants to talk about the stadium or future finances but talking about players? Fuck that shit, be quiet.

I don't mind Henry using Twitter, I think he's only trying to be open with the supporters. It's one of those things where he'd be criticised either way; if we hadn't heard from him in months people would be up in arms, he tweets every now and then and others don't like it.

The stuff about Aquilani and N'gog I thought was quite clever. He's just adding to the illusion that we actually rate them and want to keep them, thus making them more attractive to potential buyers, and just as important, driving their prices up.

Spot on. He really does need to get rid of his twitter account.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't mind Henry using Twitter, I think he's only trying to be open with the supporters. It's one of those things where he'd be criticised either way; if we hadn't heard from him in months people would be up in arms, he tweets every now and then and others don't like it.

The stuff about Aquilani and N'gog I thought was quite clever. He's just adding to the illusion that we actually rate them and want to keep them, thus making them more attractive to potential buyers, and just as important, driving their prices up.

Fucking hell that's genius. Most people in the football world (apart from us) won't realise that he knows fucking nothing about the sport and will treat those words as gospel.

How about he shuts the fuck up? Much better in my opinion.

Spot on. He really does need to get rid of his twitter account.

Or at least use it to talk about things which are traditionally the owners preserve such as commercial stuff, stadium, etc.

Hell I don't even mind if he says "great goal" sometimes.

But pitching his tent smack in the middle of Kenny's camp is right out. I hope someone has a word before this develops into a real problem.

Once is naive but forgiveable. If it carries on though I will be properly spitting feathers.

Guest ShoePiss
Or at least use it to talk about things which are traditionally the owners preserve such as commercial stuff, stadium, etc.

Hell I don't even mind if he says "great goal" sometimes.

But pitching his tent smack in the middle of Kenny's camp is right out. I hope someone has a word before this develops into a real problem.

Once is naive but forgiveable. If it carries on though I will be properly spitting feathers.

Fucking zigackly!