You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dublin

mick1977

Was there last week and had a scream. We drank loads in the Temple bar area as it was open till 2 on Monday night. Fucking rip off mind 5 Euros plus for a Guinness and I got stung 12 Euros for a double whisky. Cracking time had by all anyway.

We found a pub on the main street on the way to the storehouse in The Liberties area. Rough little place but dead cheap and great fun. Had a right laugh with the locals in there about 3.75 a pint. My advice would be the rougher looking the pub the better it is likely to be. These posh looking tourist pubs are full of pissed up American tourists acting like bellends.

I was there last week myself. Like you say its a cracking place but ridiculously expensive. Cheapest pint we found was around 4.50 which says alot!

the further you go away from the city center,the cheaper the drink like anywhere.

If your going outside the city,swords has a cracking nightclub called the Wright venue,plus plenty of pubs 5 minutes around the corner from there or if your in town,the button factory,the turks head,the mezz are all indie bars,mate of mine is a singer in a band and they are playing in the turks head off dame street/temple bar saturday,and the mezz in temple bar on friday,all are free in and in or around €3 a drink (if your drinking JD and coke they charge ya €3 for each the robbing cunts)..still not that expensive though.

Think the Temple bar area is getting a bit of a bad rap. I was there on a Monday and Tuesday and only ended up there both nights because everywhere else was closing and was dead quiet. 1.30am on a Monday night banging out Neil Diamond at the top of your voice with a pub full of international fanny is worth 5 euros a pint anyday in my book.

• 1 month later...

I going over on wednesday for the first time. I taking my 17 year old lad as he has never been abroad before. Staying at the Arlington in Temple bar...

Ideas please.

Not sure what we will do yet. Will have a pint or to, but he is not into drink or girls yet.... Slow starter.

Is 200 euro enough for weds till friday pm

I going over on wednesday for the first time. I taking my 17 year old lad as he has never been abroad before. Staying at the Arlington in Temple bar...

Ideas please.

Not sure what we will do yet. Will have a pint or to, but he is not into drink or girls yet.... Slow starter.

Word of warning, if he's 17, he wont get into any pub in temple bar. They are strict as fuck at letting people in and they try to play the over 21's card alot. Its often aimed at people around my age to stop them getting into pubs and wrecking the place so he might be alright if he's with you, but be prepared to be refused.

And no, €200 is nowhere near enough for the 2 days. Its a rip off over here.

People have a go at Scouse girls for loving their fake tan and makeup, but my experience of Dublin girls is that they are 10 times worse. They're so fake and stuck up their own arse.

As opposed to all those classy nordy women falling around Dublin every weekend?You dont like Dublin or Dubs obviously but do you really have to get on every thread its mentioned to have a go?You come across as a bitter repetitive little tit.Somebody posts lookin for advice for their trip & your talkin about fake tan!!!Get a fuckin grip lad.

Ideas please.

Stayed there a few years ago, really nice hotel with a cracking bar downstairs.

Ideas please.

Get yourself up to Diceys Garden on Harcourt Street mate.3 euro a pint on Wednesday & Thursday from 5 till closing(2.30).

Some sound places in Dublin to eat relatively cheaply. I would always recommend The Port House on South William Street, directions here. Its a Tapas restaurant, so both of you will eat like a king for €50.

Also, keep an eye out for early bird offers in some good restaurants around the city centre, usually before 7pm where you will get two courses for about €15 per person.

In terms of places to go with a 17 year old which he wont find lame I would suggest Kilmainham Gaol. Information and how to get there here.

Also, do the hop on hop off bus tour. This will bring you to some of the more interesting points in Dublin and stops off at Kilmainham as mentioned above. Info here.

Finally, if you are interested you could head out to Howth head which is ace for sea food restaurants. Fishing boats still land here so thats quite interesting plus there is a local seal community. There is an excellent walk around HOwth head with some awesome scenery, about 11km in total.

was in Dublin at the weekend.

I was at a wedding for most of it, though, and absolutely shit faced, so canm't tell you anything about it at all, other than the people are boss and I enjoyed myself muchly.

Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...
  • 11 years later...
6 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Horrible stabbing incident there today. 

Which has resulted in rioting as people are angry because the perpetrator is allegedly an immigrant. 

Buses on fire, apparently. And, there’s nothing quite like looting Foot Locker to show your dissatisfaction with your nation’s immigration policy…

Aren't they saying it's not terror related?

Every scumbag in the capital out tonight, simply to cause trouble. They couldn't give a fuck about what happened today or have no concern for the poor child receiving emergency treatment. Plenty of ways to protest without destroying your own city. 

Prob for the Far-right thread, but this all falls back on the Irish government - Always falls back to government. Failure to educate people. Failure to manage the immigration message correctly. Failure to house Irish people who need it, but roll out the red carpet to house immigrants... this is all the far-right need to fuel the fire. Because it was a non-national the cunts use it as an excuse to riot.