You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have said before but the evangelical stuff laid good groundwork for this.

You live in a rust belt town with no shops and no jobs, but 26 churches. The culture becomes about putting your trust in something to eventually turn out okay, as long as you believe hard enough.

Same with Trump. Details, facts and strategies don't matter. It's about having faith, despite the evidence of your eyes and ears, that you will have everything you want and have lost.

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear someone is running for the most powerful office in the world purely because he's under the impression he'll then be able to pardon himself for multiple crimes?

The future is ace!

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear someone is running for the most powerful office in the world purely because he's under the impression he'll then be able to pardon himself for multiple crimes?

The future is ace!

Not just that, but to also exact revenge on his enemies through sheer spite and enrich himself and his dum dum kids.

Much bigly.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The future is ace!

Same reason he ran last time really.  

Though there are some crimes he can't pardon himself for I believe.  Either way rancid old cunt who needs to  take a long walk of a very short pier. 

Will there be any point after the Supreme Court's decision for Hailey to go on after today's primaries?

Insane, how Republicans are scared of Trump. And that he is actually coming back at his age.

They had their chance to get rid of him after January 6th, but they were all too afraid.

McConnell and McCarthy should be lined up against a wall and shot (metaphorically, at least).

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate leader Mitch McConnell is the highest-ranking Republican in Congress who has yet to endorse Donald Trump’s bid to return to the White House — having once called the defeated president “morally responsible” for the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack.

But that’s potentially about to change.

McConnell’s political team and Trump’s campaign have been in talks over not only a possible endorsement of the former president but a strategy to unite Republicans up and down the party’s ticket ahead of the November election, according to a person familiar with the situation and granted anonymity to discuss it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

Will there be any point after the Supreme Court's decision for Hailey to go on after today's primaries?

Insane, how Republicans are scared of Trump. And that he is actually coming back at his age.

Haley is banking on him either keeling over in the next few months or going completely off the rails during his weekly stand up act.

3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

She's running for '28 as well.

Presumably she thinks the longer she stays in this time the louder she can shout "I told you so!" next time.

Either at the clusterfuck Trump creates or the fact that they lost to Biden again.

Not sure there'll be an election in '28 if Trump gets in again. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Not sure there'll be an election in '28 if Trump gets in again. 

It's not hard to imagine him convincing his base that the two term limit on presidencies was a plot by Democrats to limit popular presidents like him - and that he should definitely be allowed to carry on if it's 'the will of the people'.

I know we can't talk, but fucking hell, the US have got a choice between two pensioners who will likely not even be able to remember their names come the inauguration in January. It'll be like that dementia ad where the chap slowly forgets to make himself a cuppa but here we'll have two guys with the nuclear suitcase in close proximity, thinking "what does this button do?"

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I know we can't talk, but fucking hell, the US have got a choice between two pensioners who will likely not even be able to remember their names come the inauguration in January. It'll be like that dementia ad where the chap slowly forgets to make himself a cuppa but here we'll have two guys with the nuclear suitcase in close proximity, thinking "what does this button do?"

“Bombed Russia? I only wanted a coffee oh dear” 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

“Bombed Russia? I only wanted a coffee oh dear” 

Billy Connolly on Ronald Reagan in 1987.

"That man (Ronald Reagan, who was President of the USA at the time), he sits at that desk in the White House, and the button is there that can end the world: BOOM! My father's younger than him and we don't give him the controls for the television!"

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

McConnell endorses Trump.

Hopefully the next time Trump's supporters storm Congress, they manage to catch a few of the Republicans they were threatening last time.

200w (1).gif

• Upvote 1