You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Former President Donald Trump suggested Friday that his criminal indictments and mug shot appeal to Black voters and claimed that “what’s happening to (him) happens to them.”

“I got indicted for nothing, for something that is nothing. They were doing it because it’s election interference and then I got indicted a second time, and a third time and a fourth time. And a lot of people said that that’s why the Black people like me because they have been hurt so badly and discriminated against, and they actually viewed me as I’m being discriminated against,” 

“The mug shot, we’ve all seen the mug shot, and you know who embraced it more than anybody else? The Black population. It’s incredible. You see Black people walking around with my mug shot, you know they do shirts,” he said.

“On top of everything else, Joe Biden really has proven to be a very nasty and vicious racist. He’s been a racist,” Trump said.

Some one shoot this rancid piece of shit.  The world will be a lot better if without him. 

41 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve heard worse. Bjornebye says nastier things to me in PM’s when I take Stronts side in a discussion of any kind. 

Hahahaha 3am What's App voice notes "See you you cunt". It's the GF. if you don't like it piss off. 

Pretty good, pretty good.

Donald Trump calls wife Melania ‘Mercedes’ during live CPAC speech

Former president Donald Trump called Melania ‘Mercedes’ as he praised his wife during a speech in Washington DC.

The crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) gave the former First Lady a standing ovation as Mr Trump described how “people love her”.

“Oh look at that Mercedes, that’s pretty good” he said as the audience stood and applauded.

Post image

“Never trust a man whose God is in the skies. With a bible and a gun and hatred in his eyes “

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2024/03/21/laugh-riot-trump-fintan-otoole/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NYR-02-29-24 OToole Younge Klinkenborg Riskin&utm_content=NYR-02-29-24 OToole Younge Klinkenborg Riskin+CID_8b898781e582e88f0c5f99b878bf2446&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_term=Laugh Riot

“Donald Trump is not a Nazi, and his followers are (mostly) not fascists. But it is not hard to see how this description resonates with his campaign appearances.

Trump is America’s biggest comedian. His badinage is hardly Wildean, but his put-downs, honed to the sharpness of stilettos, are many people’s idea of fun. For them, he makes anger, fear, and resentment entertaining.

For anyone who questions how much talent and charisma this requires, there is a simple answer: Ron DeSantis. Why did DeSantis’s attempt to appeal to Republican voters as a straitlaced version of Trump fall so flat? Because Trumpism without the cruel laughter is nothing. It needs its creator’s fusion of rage, mockery, and poisoned imitation, whether of a reporter with a disability or (in a dumb show that Trump has been playing out in his speeches in recent months) of Joe Biden apparently unable to find his way off a stage. It demands the withering scorn for Sleepy Joe and Crooked Hillary, Crazy Liz and Ron DeSanctimonious, Cryin’ Chuck and Phoney Fani. It requires the lifting of taboos to create a community of kindred spirits. It depends on Trump’s ability to be pitiless in his ridicule of the targets of his contempt while allowing his audience to feel deeply sorry for itself. (If tragedy, as Aristotle claimed, involves terror and pity, Trump’s tragicomedy deals in terror and self-pity.)”

• Upvote 1

The crowd of Trump supporters gathered in Richmond, Virginia to hear Donald Trump speak on Saturday night went silent as the former president appeared to mix up Presidents Joe Biden and Barack Obama yet again.

“Shortly after we win the presidency, I will have the horrible war between Russia and Ukraine settled,” Mr Trump said on Saturday.

“I know them both very well and we will restore peace through strength. Get that war settled. It’s a bad war. And Putin has so little respect for Obama that he’s starting to throw around the nuclear word,” Mr Trump added, seemingly in the false belief that Mr Biden’s former boss remains in charge.
There were plenty of moments during Mr Trump’s campaign events in Greensboro, North Carolina and later in Richmond when he appeared to struggle to deliver his speech or seemed to be confused.
“This will be yet another one of the 127 other instances where tomorrow Trump will claim he mixed up Obama and Biden again on purpose”.
The US attorney for the Northern District of Alabama from 2009 to 2017, Joyce Alene wrote “We need to talk about why there is so much focus on Biden’s age, as he navigates multiple tough situations effectively, and so little on Trump, who can’t even remember who the current president, his November opponent, is.”

Have said before but the evangelical stuff laid good groundwork for this.

You live in a rust belt town with no shops and no jobs, but 26 churches. The culture becomes about putting your trust in something to eventually turn out okay, as long as you believe hard enough.

Same with Trump. Details, facts and strategies don't matter. It's about having faith, despite the evidence of your eyes and ears, that you will have everything you want and have lost.

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear someone is running for the most powerful office in the world purely because he's under the impression he'll then be able to pardon himself for multiple crimes?

The future is ace!

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear someone is running for the most powerful office in the world purely because he's under the impression he'll then be able to pardon himself for multiple crimes?

The future is ace!

Not just that, but to also exact revenge on his enemies through sheer spite and enrich himself and his dum dum kids.

Much bigly.