You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My work blue has been mouthing off that Deulofeu is a better signing than Firmino (never seen Bobby play so can't comment) and how well they're going to do next season and how bad we're going to be.

I'm about to offer him the bet I always offer blues who say such things which is the old "Pound a point between us" at the end of the season. Despite their bravado I have never known one to actually take me up on the bed despite it being obvious to them that they'll finish ahead of us. I will report back.

I dunno how Deulofeu has done this past season, but the player that was on loan at Everton looked like a massive talent. The fact he's gone back there seems quite puzzling, but either way if he does develop into a top player he wont be there long at all.

• Upvote 2

That Echo response is quite staggering.

I once read an interview with Tom Baker in which he was talking about how, if somebody said "fuck" in a TV programme, the BBC would receive about 5000 complaints, and proceed to treat them really seriously with a lengthy response on Points of View. This despite the fact they were a minuscule percentage of the number of viewers watching. Tom thought this was bonkers and in his words "I'd just tell them to fuck off."

Personally, I think the Echo should have heeded him.

• Upvote 3

Deulofeu was very good for the blues when he was there. Had some injury issues but when fit looked like he was well on his way to developing into a top tier talent.

He must have been massively disappointing when he returned to barca as they immediately binned him off to Sevilla and now to the blues at a valuation of 1/3 of a Lovren.

Deulofeu was very good for the blues when he was there. Had some injury issues but when fit looked like he was well on his way to developing into a top tier talent.

He must have been massively disappointing when he returned to barca as they immediately binned him off to Sevilla and now to the blues at a valuation of 1/3 of a Lovren.

Shitcunt not getting in that Barca team.

Yep, he must have had a stinker last season as he looked a prospect before then.

Just watched some Firmino clips, if he scored in the Derby and did the "no look" - basically going round the keeper and scoring without looking - at Woodison I could see an epic fume. They would be in the press longer than after the small club jibe from Rafa.

Just imagining their faces is enough.

I've always had a small Derby fantasy of being in a comfortable lead at Goodison Park, when a ball over the top of their high-line defence sees one of our players race clear and round the keeper 30 yards out. As the Everton players stop and watch the inevitable, our player stops the ball on the goal line, gets to his knees (hands behind his back to avoid any aaaaaaaandball shouts), and gently rolls the ball over the line with his forehead.

I do believe there would be actual rioting inside the ground.

• Upvote 1

I've heard a few Blues on Radio Merseyside say about how good he is when he's on his game, but he's inconsistent and blows hot and cold.  (Usually the latter.)

At least signing him got them in the Echo for one night

Equal billing from now on.  No matter what.  That's the new Echo policy.

At least we're guaranteed comic relief from all the crime reporting.

Apparently Deloufeo is better than Firmino even though most Evertonians had never heard of him. Most Evertonians football knowledge is taken from their games, the mancs but most importantly every Liverpool game. Anything outside of that does not exist.

Once a blue, always a blue, but only after Barcelona don't want you and Sevilla stick you on the bench most of the season.

• Upvote 1

Going to get a side back for stopping us being in the Champions League by winning a testimonial game 10 years later. #Evertonaren'twe.

Duncan Ferguson testimonial: Everton fans react as Big Dunc eyes Villarreal revenge.

26 JUNE 2015 12:48 PM BY JOE RIMMER

The clash could offer Ferguson a chance to get his own back - 10 years on
68 Shares

Everton fans awoke to the shock news that Duncan Ferguson will be handed a testimonial match this summer - and it will come against Spanish outfit Villarreal.

Should the Toffees indeed face the 'Yellow Submarine' on August 2, it will give Ferguson the chance to even a score 10 years in the making.

Everton fans hardly need reminding that Pierluigi Collina's mind-boggling decision to disallow a Ferguson header helped the Spanish outfit deny the Blues a chance to compete in the Champions League.

• Upvote 2