You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A close friend of mine has heard that Charlie Adams current court case involving an unpaid £20,000 bonus is being funded by Liverpool football club.

If Charlie Adam does in fact win his court case against an unpaid bonus from Blackpool football club then he will be able to terminate his contract with immediate effect. Leaving him free to join Liverpool in the upcoming month.

I've also been told that if his pending verdict is unsuccesful then Liverpool intend to try and push through a deal in the January transfer window.

Im not usually one to speculate on transfer tittle-tattle. But as im living in Blackpool and i've been told this information has come straight from Charlie Adam's wife then i thought i'd share this info with you.

Please don't shoot the messanger as i have posted this in good faith.

What do you think, good addition to the squad?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Youtube in work, therefore I am unable to form an opinon.

Is he the Scottish midfield lad? If so he was loaned out by Rangers yes? If he's not good enough for them then really, I think we can skip him. We've enough midfielders.

He did join Blackpool from Rangers for as little as £500,000.

He may not be Xabi Alonso but he can spray passes around and he was instrumental in Blackpools promotion to the premier league. He has had a huge part to play in Blackpools recent success alongside Ian Holloway. He takes there penaltys and if you have watched the play off final then you will know he can finish well to.

Imagine how mental Ian Holloway would go considering his rants about player power.

Ian Holloway nearly resigned earlier in the season due to the cock up over the promotion bonus payments.

Carl Oyston the club chairmen recently resigned to. The players were promised certain bonus payments if they were promoted to the premier league and after they won the club dragged its heels over coughing up the money. The whole squad were at war with the chairmen untill they were eventually paid up several months late.

What a disaster it would be if they were to lose there talisman for free over a £20.000 bonus that was in his contract!

I was at the Blackpool game at Anfield and hes got brilliant passing ability.

Never thought he was that young,looks about 33!. Left footed centre midfielder, plays in that 'quarter back' role which i dare say Xabi mastered, must say i would welcome this move, gets the ball forward quickly with quality and surprisingly young.

That sounds a bit too suspect, funding a player under contract elsewhere in an action against his employers.

What i mean is they have been advising him through the legal process and if he was to join us then they would pick up the bill. Happens all the time. Similar to if Rooney had bought himself out of his contract then Man City would have more than reimbursed him. Similar perhaps to when Gabriel Heinze tried to push through a deal to join Liverpool from the Mancs. Although this was an entirley different case not involving an unpaid bonus.

Edited by Sponky

I think he's boss. I have watched Blackpool a few times this season and Adams just pulls string after string. Quaility passd after quality pass. Never seems to give the ball away, always finds space to be available. He'd be like a Danny Murphy from 2001. If it was for a couple of million, I'd certainly be on for it. Only 24.

You mean like Kyrgiakos wasn't good enough for them.

Adam was being played on the left side of midfield for rangers and struggled as that wasn't his position. Also he had weight issues and a bit of a attitude as he thought he had made it. This is coming from my rangers mate who is sitting right next to me. Said it was either him or pedro mendes to go and they chose to keep mendes even though the fans thought adam was better.