You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

As an addendum to that.

As much as I love Kenny, I still think these players should be doing better than they are.

I think Kenny would also be the first to admit that it's not been easy, and that he only put his hat in the ring when all other options were thin on the ground.

Pains me to say it, but the Mourinho type of manager is very well suited for us. We're not popular, so why not use that and forge a siege mentality, something Mourinho excels at. Nobody likes us, we don't care, we're going to beat you anyway.

Fantastic goal by Falcao for Porto with a diving header. The replay from behind the goal shows just how well he controlled a ball that was flying at him. Prior to that Porto looked like they were nursing a massive hangover from the weekend.

An impressive performance by AVB and his team given that they had been celebrating their league triumph earlier this week. Spartak are no mugs and have pace and craft throughout the team.

I would dearly love to see AVB brought in this summer to build the dynasty that FSG are talking about. I guess we will have to wait until then to see just how visionary they really are.

villa boas seem,s to be a manger for the long term kenny would be a ecxellent appoinment as well but i thnk to build a real futre villa boas would be great i hope whatever the owners decide it,s soon so we can start getting ready for the new season preperations should begin now.but i have been thinking have the owners got something else up there sleeve,this might be it

If true I would assume it means Kenny has decided he'd prefer to step back into the academy/scouting overview, he seems to get on with Comolli well so hopefully they can build a strong executive team with Ayres and Werner that will go right from the top of the board to the youngest youth teams.

Should be a great environment for a young manager to grow into.

crappy translation

Going for a walk in the dreams of others, just so you can tell the choice of the next coach of Roma. A novel in which c 'is everything - travel, charm, atmosphere, meetings - much to ask where is the line between reality and dream. But that is still missing the final. The choice of who will fall? The names are many, and yet here is still difficult to distinguish between suggestions and candidacy, interview and negotiation. Villas Boas, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mazzarri those with whom, of course, has made contact. Gasperini what would be in a hurry. Wenger Zola and the latest suggestions. While Capello and Mourinho have never entered the scene. Franco Baldini has encountered some in recent months, all seemed thrilled to 'idea, most of' one though, as we shall see, took time: if I could wait a year ... He made my mouth why Vincenzo Montella - who has already had a first encounter with Baldini - can play its cards for at least one 'other season, especially if you miss a tour of Rome Champions. Although he is more likely to feel the opposite. "In your opinion would carry the team in the Champions League for leave to someone else?". Now, said that the 4th place is six points away tonight and the run goes from Udine ('decisive challenge, a shoot-off), and also mentioned that it will self-appointed, on' argument indicates a dry finish Montella, between beats ( "Maybe I will do the second in digs and ...») Guardiola:" The words of Capello? A coach should organize the team to tell when an attacker and how to return ...». Pessoa and around One day in Lisbon, lunch and coffee at 'shade of the poet, Baldini met Andre Villas Boas, the' coach of the moment. 33 years, Mourinho's former assistant, the first year as a starter with Porto won the league title and League travels fast in Europe. By age, ideas, charm of the preferred future dg Giallorossi. At the first meeting, he presented the idea Baldini DiBenedetto, the 'party has shown interest. On the second, Villas Boas had already known and studied characteristics of the whole squad Romanist, but well done two notices. The first: I have a pre-agreement with Liverpool. Second, Mou told me that are not yet ready for 'Italy. If he said, but also will apply for the 'Inter? Put one evening at dinner whether it also applies to what was said by Pep Guardiola Baldini, during a dinner in London, to 'Inter speaks ill. "In Italy only to Rome," as he promised Pep. A dream, perhaps more achievable in a year when he spent his relationship with Barcelona. That already seems to drag slowly. How many claims Charlie 's demanding when it flew to Chelsea's niche, then it was rebuilt under, with a lot of conditions: participation in the Champions League, five large purchases, the first must be Pirlo. Anything else, sir Ancelotti? To suffer. As he said yesterday: "Now 's goal is to stay at Chelsea el' next year will train here, but in the future: July 7 (day of the rally, ed), but no one knows what year, I could coach the Rome '. If you call the way, recently Walter Mazzarri has often heard with Gian Paolo Montali, seeking enlightenment on the American project, all excited 'idea to coach Roma. As well as Juventus seems quite fascinated, maybe it's more that he wants to leave Naples still on top of 'broadcast. They will be happy to St. Paul. **** UDINESE-ROMA see Why Challenge for the 4th place. Both teams are stinging from defeat: the 'Udinese at Lecce and Roma at home to Juve. Friuli, 20.45 **** Walter Mazzarri, 49, coach of Napoli, contacted Montali to propose V s **** OBJECTIVES Carlo Ancelotti, 51, of Chelsea, former player giallorosso: Rome back in his fate? V **** André Villas Boas, 33, engineer of the Port, a former pupil of Mourinho wants half of Europe V **** Pep Guardiola, 40 years his future at Barcelona is not so sure and Rome there expected V

That article sounds like crap.Hes ready for liverpool but not for serie A,to manage Roma?

Roma are a mess and will be until Totti is away from the club.A once great player he holds them back these days from what i have seen of him.

That article sounds like crap.Hes ready for liverpool but not for serie A,to manage Roma?

Roma are a mess and will be until Totti is away from the club.A once great player he holds them back these days from what i have seen of him.

True, I'm confused how we can seal a pre-contract agreement when he's under his current one until 2013. If he were to leave early, what would we do? Would we just have first-option?