You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

This isn't true at all. Mourinho is looking to come back the the Premier League and wants to settle.

Rightly or wrongly I think he fits the bill for us and the clubs ambitions and need of success suits him perfectly.

Now Im not suggesting him over Kenny but he is the best possible alternative around.

He would love the job.

Mmm!

Mourinho was at Inter for how long? And if he left Madrid either this season or next how long there too?

Hardly a long term plan is it?

I am happy to stick with Kenny for now. Even Mourinho would do well to have beaten Chelski away and destroy Man U at home in his first dozen games with some of the crap we've currently got on the books.

If Mourinho returns to the prem Citeh look favourites to me.

Trying to look at things objectively I think it makes sense for FSG to be considering many options.

At this moment in time Kenny is only manager until the summer. He has steadied the ship and moved us away from the relegation zone so in that sense he has done everything the fans and owners could have hoped for.

If these rumours are true I'll have to admit to being slightly torn on the matter. We have a manager who is loved by the fans, understands what this club is about and has won titles in the past. But I'm intrigued by the thought of Villas Boas. He's young and has had an amazing career so far. It would be a huge risk but it would be very exciting too.

I think the owners would have to have massive balls though if they got rid of Kenny now. It might be too early in their reign to make such a bold move.

Trying to look at things objectively I think it makes sense for FSG to be considering many options.

At this moment in time Kenny is only manager until the summer. He has steadied the ship and moved us away from the relegation zone so in that sense he has done everything the fans and owners could have hoped for.

If these rumours are true I'll have to admit to being slightly torn on the matter. We have a manager who is loved by the fans, understands what this club is about and has won titles in the past. But I'm intrigued by the thought of Villas Boas. He's young and has had an amazing career so far. It would be a huge risk but it would be very exciting too.

I think the owners would have to have massive balls though if they got rid of Kenny now. It might be too early in their reign to make such a bold move.

Good post mate.

Great post that mate. Reflects my feelings exactly.

That article sounds like crap.Hes ready for liverpool but not for serie A,to manage Roma?

Roma are a mess and will be until Totti is away from the club.A once great player he holds them back these days from what i have seen of him.

It's called 'being diplomatic'.

If he wants to manage in Italy in the future then he has to say the right things early, so as not to sound like he's fobbing them off.

Would be delighted if he came. One, because he's a top class manager and could even bring some Porto players with him.

And the other reason being that I want Kenny behind the scenes, to keep an eye on things and to help AvB out. Kenny behind the scenes will be our long-term saviour, overseeing our youth production and transfer targets.

I think Mourinho would win us things but I am not convinced about him bringing players through or staying long term, I also don't like him but he would be great at creating an us v them mentality.

We would be perfect for his ego as if he won us the league he would become a god. We have a bit of magic at Anfield on a European night too so I think his aim of winning the cl with an English club could be fulfilled.

I think he will got to United though, however, if he really wants a challenge it should be to go head to head with Taggart and get us ahead of them in terms of titles and more daylight in terms of cl wins.

Why is Mourinho getting a mention? His track record points to one thing - he won't go to a club that isn't either already top dog, or have enormous potential, i.e. shitloads of money to become the top dog. We fall in neither category. He'll never come here.

I mentioned in my previous post that as we speak Kenny is only the manager until the summer so discussion over what happens then and what the owners may or may not decide to do should be encouraged - not treated as fucking blasphemism.

I mentioned in my previous post that as we speak Kenny is only the manager until the summer so discussion over what happens then and what the owners may or may not decide to do should be encouraged - not treated as fucking blasphemism.

No, it shouldn't. They should make Kenny permanent manager. Discussion over.

Here's one of the scouting reports that Vilas Boas did for Mourinho when they were at Chelsea. I found it pretty interesting so other people might do too. Pretty detailed report on Newcastle.

http://www.bragafut.com/artigos/art18.pdf

That’s fascinating. Very interesting to get such an in depth read into how a good manager sees the game.

Certainly shows that the old adage of “Go out and enjoy yourselves lads” is dead and buried unless you want to lose badly.

I think it's highly unlikely they wont stick with Kenny, what he's done for the club in the past couple of months is brilliant. He's more than done the job he was brought in to do, firstly, this shouldn't be ignored, a manager that reaches targets should never be under contemplation to be removed. Examples of stupid decisions like this are Hughton at Newcastle, where public opinion was hugely against the sacking. That's the danger here for FESV, if they make a simple silly mistake it could cost them their reputation with the fans who are more than loyal to them at the minute. Talk of Mourinho is outrageous at the minute, he's never going to come to Liverpool and I'm sure he wont be welcome here if he did come. Villas Boas is a different situation, but not the route we should be taking currently, he's a great manager but largely inexperienced with a major club (Not saying Porto aren't big, but the standard of league in Portugal isn't the best). He needs to move onto another large club before he can be properly contemplated for us in my opinion. Within the next 10 years, of course he's got a shout but currently we need stability, expertise and someone who knows the club to drift us through and out of the 'bad patch' we've been in the past two seasons. Without a doubt that person is Kenny, and hopefully he'll be around for as long as it takes to make us win the 19th, something with him in charge and a understanding owner we can achieve in the near future.

AVB fits the FSG profile insofar as he is young and talented. The fact Kenny hasn't been given the job so far suggests the owners are considering their options at least.

My guess is AVB will become what we know as the "Manager" but with another title like

1st team coach and Kenny will get moved upstairs to some other imaginativly titled role.

We would be absolutely mad not to look at our options. Whilst I would be delighted if Dalglish was to get the job, I wouldnt be against bringing in another, younger manager for a fresh new start.

I still have doubts over Kenny but he deserves a crack at the job full time, its totally understandable that the owners may want to bring in a younger man, and if it happens we should support the decision.

Here's one of the scouting reports that Vilas Boas did for Mourinho when they were at Chelsea. I found it pretty interesting so other people might do too. Pretty detailed report on Newcastle.

http://www.bragafut.com/artigos/art18.pdf

Nothing mind-blowing there. The trick is knowing how to communicate it in a simple way to dumb footballers.

And as we've all seen, playing the media is half the battle in England. Still prefer Kenny.

That’s fascinating. Very interesting to get such an in depth read into how a good manager sees the game.

Certainly shows that the old adage of “Go out and enjoy yourselves lads” is dead and buried unless you want to lose badly.

Wouldn't exactly be Mike Kelly and Roy's cup of tea that.

The direction this thread has taken is absolutely astonishing. We actually have people backing the idea of bringing in a 33 year old manager in place of Kenny Dalglish.

Some of you people really need to get a grip here.

But we're not talking about replacing him. Kenny doesn't have the job, he's currently a caretaker until the end of the season. I for one would be ecstatic if he's given the job full time to have a crack at rebuilding a dynasty he helped once create but for one reason or another he's not been given the job yet. That's why a discussion about an alternative has begun, and Villas Boas falls under the kind of man FSG may go for.