You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Northern Ireland Politics (The Robinsons)

Carradona

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the whole suicidal claims are a smokescreen too. It's playing the sympathy card to try and balance out her actions. Apparently this young guy wasn't her first affair either.

And Peter Robinson says he has nothing to hide one day then steps aside as First Minister the next...

We definitely haven't heard the end of this

I hope that when her time comes she's greeted by St Peter at the Pearly Gates and he's wearing a skin tight white t-shirt, sequinned shorts and is flanked on either side by Quentin Crisp and Freddie Mercury.

St Peter in a Celtic jersey would probably worry her more!

And I see the young fella told her he had testicular cancer and wouldn't be able to perform to try and get rid of her - it's the story that keeps on giving

Yeah' date=' the dirty strap-on!

Next step is the public confession and self admonition in anticipation of the Christian forgiveness.

Well, maybe if they were in America, it would work. Seems to be a common enough occurrence there with their bible thumpers. Not sure how the Unionist clans get on with all that stuff.

[/quote']

Think you've hit the nail on the head there..... the whole prodigal thing goes a bomb ( no pun intended ) with them

no expert here but it probably depends on how the Robinson thing plays out. With the likes of Nigels Dodds, Gregory Campbell in the background, there could be some serious retrenchment and hardening of positions ( no pun intended ) if Robinson is gone for good. There has been so much positive news from Northern Ireland ( the Robinsons aside ), I would hope that those who don't have the interests of the good people of the North won't benefit from any instability or breakdown of the political dialogue thats going on now.

Any of you guys been reading about what has happened over here in terms of the Robinson family?

It's hilarious and I hope the downfall of the family continues.

Anybody who is interested in it, what are your thoughts?

A timely news story from Sinn Feins point of view,takes the spotlight off Gerry Adams and his paedo brother which is a lot more serious and on the back burner because some old homophobic Munter shagged some mummies boy

[YOUTUBE]YRwTj6iXnSI[/YOUTUBE]

thats fucking brilliant. "munching sausages" pissed myself at that one.

No sane person over here really gives a fuck about politics to be honest. the two worst and most exteme partys are in charge.

I always knew the dup were a bunch of fucking hypocrites and dont get me started about the shinners.

I worked up in stormont for 4 years (private contract) the the DUP offices were the floor above ours. All the MLA's would eat in the staff canteen because they were too tight to pay the MLA dining prices. I saw Shinners and DUP laughing with each other but outside infront of the cameras they were at each others throats. Thats when i realised it was just a job for them. The only one i ever met up there with any integrity and that i had any respect for was David irvine (RIP) a real man of the people, i didnt agree/like with what he had done in the past but he was really working selflessly for everyone, well every working class person.

Anyway i worked with this wee lad called Adam he was east belfast born and bred a bit of a hard case despite the fact he was 5'2" but i guess what he lacked in height he made up for in balls.

We piled into the lift and Paisley Snr. and two HUGE bodyguards got in. It was a 8 person lift but we were like sardines. Now ive seen one of his body guards eating in the canteen at a plate that would have fed a family of five, 6'8" or so with at least i would guess size 15 feet. Adam was jammed up against him looking up as if he stared straight ahead he would have been looking at the guys navel. Paisley starts chuckling and says.. "Aye hed beat your ballox in" to adam. And as straight face adam replys, serious as shit, "theres no barbed wire round me" i was in fucking stitches all day.

anyway im not political, and i dont vote as theres no one to vote for, they really are all a shower of shite our politicians.

iris robinson always looked a bit unhinged to be honest, i thought this was funny, scribbled outside her church.

Iris Robinson has decided to switch to Catholicism after hearing from her local priest that it only cost a mars bar and 50p to shag a young boy rather than 50 grand and a cafe

I reckon the whole suicidal claims are a smokescreen too. It's playing the sympathy card to try and balance out her actions. Apparently this young guy wasn't her first affair either.

And Peter Robinson says he has nothing to hide one day then steps aside as First Minister the next...

We definitely haven't heard the end of this

there were rumours about that he did give her a slap or two back in the day.

A timely news story from Sinn Feins point of view,takes the spotlight off Gerry Adams and his paedo brother which is a lot more serious and on the back burner because some old homophobic Munter shagged some mummies boy

I think it shows that there is a need for new blood in N.I politics. These old dinosaurs with their politics need to get off the stage. There is too much baggage on all sides with these people. How can anybody look at Gerry Adams or Martin McGuinness and not think of their past. It probably needs for time to pass so that people can develop whose first reaction is not torefuse to deal with the opposition, Trying to find an inspiring politician anywhere these days is like trying to nail water to a wall

The one guy who really impressed me was David Ervine, bright, articulate and had come a long way on his journey. He always seemed to be a guy who was less concerned with the crap that goes along with politics and more interested in making a real difference. He was a massive loss to politics

thats fucking brilliant. "munching sausages" pissed myself at that one.

No sane person over here really gives a fuck about politics to be honest. the two worst and most exteme partys are in charge.

I always knew the dup were a bunch of fucking hypocrites and dont get me started about the shinners.

I worked up in stormont for 4 years (private contract) the the DUP offices were the floor above ours. All the MLA's would eat in the staff canteen because they were too tight to pay the MLA dining prices. I saw Shinners and DUP laughing with each other but outside infront of the cameras they were at each others throats. Thats when i realised it was just a job for them. The only one i ever met up there with any integrity and that i had any respect for was David irvine (RIP) a real man of the people, i didnt agree/like with what he had done in the past but he was really working selflessly for everyone, well every working class person.

Anyway i worked with this wee lad called Adam he was east belfast born and bred a bit of a hard case despite the fact he was 5'2" but i guess what he lacked in height he made up for in balls.

We piled into the lift and Paisley Snr. and two HUGE bodyguards got in. It was a 8 person lift but we were like sardines. Now ive seen one of his body guards eating in the canteen at a plate that would have fed a family of five, 6'8" or so with at least i would guess size 15 feet. Adam was jammed up against him looking up as if he stared straight ahead he would have been looking at the guys navel. Paisley starts chuckling and says.. "Aye hed beat your ballox in" to adam. And as straight face adam replys, serious as shit, "theres no barbed wire round me" i was in fucking stitches all day.

anyway im not political, and i dont vote as theres no one to vote for, they really are all a shower of shite our politicians.

iris robinson always looked a bit unhinged to be honest, i thought this was funny, scribbled outside her church.

Our posts have crossed, but you have it bang on there

I work there now, and you're right, they're all tits and I don't vote either...

I can also lay claim that Paisley lost his temper with me over an incident where he thought the he had been misquoted. He was fucking fuming and that is some scary shit there by itself.

Anyway it got printed in Hansard (the assembly minutes) and when we played the tapes back he had some humble pie to eat.

i feel sorry for you working up there. its a house built on sand.

I can also lay claim that Paisley lost his temper with me over an incident where he thought the he had been misquoted. He was fucking fuming and that is some scary shit there by itself.

Anyway it got printed in Hansard (the assembly minutes) and when we played the tapes back he had some humble pie to eat.

i feel sorry for you working up there. its a house built on sand.

What did the misquoting have to do with you? Was it Hansard you worked for?

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder why she wanted a new bed ??....I wonder was this before or after....will she need a new bed again??

Legg probe: love cheat Iris Robinson claimed £1,600 for bed on expenses - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

Legg probe: love cheat Iris Robinson claimed £1,600 for bed on expenses

Scandal-hit MP forced to pay back £500 by audit review

Disgraced politician Iris Robinson faced yet more embarrassment today with the revelation that she claimed for a £1,644 luxury bed on her MP expenses.

The wife of Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) leader Peter Robinson, who stood down after revelations of her affair with a teenager emerged, spent £544.90 more than was allowed on the item, it was ruled this morning.

The price tag was enough to pick up one of John Lewis' high-end king-size bedsteads.

She was also paid £1,429.99 for service charges in May 2009, a duplicated payment of a bill already submitted by her husband.

Under the review carried out by Sir Thomas Legg in the wake of the expenses scandal Mrs Robinson has repaid the £1,974.89 she was ordered to as well as a further £300, although it is not clear what that amount relates to.

The report states “Mr Robinson has no issues”.

Sir Thomas reviewed all the receipts submitted by MPs since 2004, which includes those who lost their seats or stood down at the 2005 election.

It shows former First Minister Lord Trimble, now a Conservative peer, put in a claim for his £805 annual subscription to the Athenaeum Club, a private gentleman's club in Pall Mall that boasts a morning room, a garden room, coffee room and library.

Lord Trimble has since repaid the money.

Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness was mistakenly paid his £3,000 rent for July/August 2006 and has since handed over a cheque to cover the amount.

Lagan Valley DUP MP Jeffrey Donaldson paid back £1,858.73 after being wrongly paid for room service charges totalling £633.50 between April 2004 and January 2006, £690 for mobile phone calls during the same period and an overpayment of his quarterly service charge of £535.23.

Gregory Campbell, DUP MP for East Londonderry, has been ordered to repay £3,673.38 but the bill has not yet been cleared.

It covers an overpayment of £741 for hotel stays between October 2004 and March 2006, service charges of £1,456 and ground rent of £458.56 as well as mortgage interest of £1,017.28 for December 2008.

William McCrea, South Antrim DUP MP, has repaid £5,329.74 since April 2009, which includes the £4,450.95 recommended by Sir Thomas to cover an overpayment of mortgage interest of £661.21, to payments of his 2008/09 television licence, and £4,694.12 for bedroom furniture — £3,154.12 above the guide price allowed.

Upper Bann's David Simpson, DUP, has repaid £1,482.98 to cover an overpayment of mortgage interest in 2007/08 and a duplicate £400 food bill in May 2007.

Former SDLP deputy leader Seamus Mallon has repaid £1,813 to cover claims of £1,500 for petty cash during 2004 and £313 for “various items not allowable under Green Book rules”.

DUP deputy leader Nigel Dodds, the SDLP's Mark Durkan, UUP's Lady Sylvia Hermon and DUP East Antrim MP Sammy Wilson “have no issues”, the report ruled.