You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A good (non right wing/tory!) broadsheet newspaper?

old skool tom

Guest Numero Veinticinco
you're probably looking for the Guardian or Independent.

What he said. The Guardian slightly to the left, thus is my paper of choice. As for the Economist, don't, whatever you do, just buy one copy. They are about 4 quid. You can get them for a quid a copy if you subscribe for a year.

im 33 now and although i'll still always buy 'the mirror',i also need a paper that can stimulate and educate me a little more.theres a limit to how much peter v jordan shit i can take! are there any good lefty/liberal papers out there that arent tabloids?

There are literally none other than the Guardian.

Reading the news whilst concerning myself about the political bias of writer would do my head in, so I just tend to read the BBC. I'm sure some goon will now point out it's affiliation to some party or something, but you know what? I just want to know the fucking news, not be pigeon-holed into some socio-demographic grouping. I hate "well you read paper Y so your opinions on immigrants must be Z", it's really lazy stereotyping and cunts me square in the bastard.

why? what did the gobshite try and do? did he try to buy it and have yet more control of the universe?

As I recall, he initiated a price war, charging 10p for The Times or thereabouts, knowing that The Independent couldn't possibly compete at that level while The Times itself could sustain ridiculous losses.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As I recall, he initiated a price war, charging 10p for The Times or thereabouts, knowing that The Independent couldn't possibly compete at that level while The Times itself could sustain ridiculous losses.

That man is such an intolerable cunt without even starting on The Sun and Hillsborough. Even if you've got no connection with Liverpool, don't remember Hillsborough and have no knowledge of The Sun article, he is still worthy of being one of the most hated men in the world.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Very good point about the despicable twat, he also makes hundreds of millions in this country every year and pays absolutely fuck all in tax!

Aye, yet another reason. He has far too much influence over people's opinions. Well, the coverage they get, which amounts to the same thing when it is aimed at the idiots that read The Sun newspaper.

For me, it has to be the Guardian. Charlie Brooker is worth it alone.

Very good point about the despicable twat, he also makes hundreds of millions in this country every year and pays absolutely fuck all in tax!

To be fair to Murdoch, admitedly difficult given he's a twat, he's just doing what I would given the chance. Would I fuck want to pay for a Government that I don't like to start wars I don't agree with or other such nonsense if I didn't have to.

The right answer is the Independant, the Guardian has the cheek to champion the opinion of Polly Tonybee which is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Grauniad for me - yes there are Toynbee articles but you can just laugh at her.

Independent sometimes comes up with articles from that smarmy Dominic Lawson which just annoy me, and the Inepedent on Sunday seems more right of centre. Do like Mark Steel articles though.