You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/4766751/Yes-I-am-the-centre-of-the-universe.html

The most intelligent man in the world eats beans every day for his breakfast.

So far as breakfast ingredients go, the only one that remotely resembles breakfast is baked beans. Lamb chops? Mashed potato? OK so perhaps tomatoes too. But lamb fucking chops? For breakfast? What does he have for dinner in his curry? Corn flakes?

Was up in Galway this morning as the Mrs had a hospital appointment so afterwards went into Central 56 in Shop Street where this was on offer with tea for €10.

The Black and White Puds were incredible and the sausages were fine but disappointed in the bacon which was fairly bland tasting and anaemic looking. The eggs (2 of them) were poached but delicious all the same and would have preferred toast to the soda bread. Would have foregone the fried potato for more Black pudding

Extra mark given for the beans. 8/106925f09367d9cbe26d7f24c3b14f3e86.jpg

Plusses - Puds and bangers

Minususses - spuds, bacon, poached egg, green shit on the egg, no toast or fried bread.

Neutral - Beans. They just don't flip my shit either way.

You're a good guy KMD mate, and you deserve better than what those bastards gave you. It's 4 on 10 from me.

• Upvote 1

Was up in Galway this morning as the Mrs had a hospital appointment so afterwards went into Central 56 in Shop Street where this was on offer with tea for €10.

The Black and White Puds were incredible and the sausages were fine but disappointed in the bacon which was fairly bland tasting and anaemic looking. The eggs (2 of them) were poached but delicious all the same and would have preferred toast to the soda bread. Would have foregone the fried potato for more Black pudding

You can keep the breakfast but that soda bread looks Amazing. 4 slices as well. Why are places generally so mean with the toast when it's got to be one of the cheapest elements of any breakfast?

• Upvote 1

Minususses - spuds, bacon, poached egg, green shit on the egg, no toast or fried bread.

You're a good guy KMD mate, and you deserve better than what those bastards gave you. It's 4 on 10 from me.

Haha! I tell you what mate, I've long been a devotee of the fried egg but those yesterday were tremendous.

Cath the bread was really tasty alright. No complaints there.

That looks very nice. I’ve never had white pudding before. How does it compare to its darker cousin?

I had a full English yesterday. Massive and delicious but I was too busy stuffing my face to take any pictures. Sorry!

Just thinking about that breakfast now, easily one of the best I've ever eaten but deducted a point for serving the immense homemade doorstop toast with those twattish little sachets of butter,too cold to spread properly, had to hide them underneath the toast for a few minutes until they were spreadable. Most annoying.

Haha! I tell you what mate, I've long been a devotee of the fried egg but those yesterday were tremendous.

Cath the bread was really tasty alright. No complaints there.

I do love a poached egg, not on a breakfast though.

Here in NZ they like mince on toast with poached eggs. If there's some mince left over from a chili or something the night before I usually make it. Sounds hideous but it's fucking lovely.

• Upvote 1

Restaurant reviews based off photos of the food rather than the actual tasting thereof are definitely the future, I feel.