You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Guest Pistonbroke
On 14/10/2019 at 02:37, Lee909 said:

I'll help

No team you've beat curre tly has a winning record. But you've got a piss easy schedule all year

49ers opponents currently have a combined record of 8-21

To be fair, the 49's defence have been on the ball this season and offensively they look strong as well. 

On 15/10/2019 at 05:21, Lee909 said:

The league and the officials are bent as fuck

I was watching the 'Red Zone' as usual on Sunday and some of the calls were shocking, especially in the Browns v Seahawks game. 

Jalen Ramsey to the Rams, who have basically renounced to having a 1st round pick ever again. Probably a good move as they're about as "win now" as any team in the league with all the big contracts they've handed out. No point doing anything else but going big in the short term.

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Maybe but are they that much better for giving up so much. Talib just gone to IR and Peters gone. Ramsey better than both but losing too above average to good CB to gain 1. 

Ramsey is 24 and one of, if not the best CB in the league. Those guys don't grow on trees. It's win now but also a move for the future. Best of both worlds.

That said, the problem they have now is that the team they have is the team they'll have for the next 3-5 years because they've committed so much money and they have no good draft picks. If it doesn't work out, it will be ugly.

Also, their O line is problematic and it will be extremely hard to fix now. They'll have to find gems in the 4-7th rounds and in the mean time, Seattle and San Fran will eat them for dinner in the trenches.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Talk is a few weeks if just dislocated or a year if ligaments gone too. 

He tweeted himself that everything is looking good so far, maybes it is just a straight dislocation with little damage to ligaments or any fractures to the patella. MRI scans would have to clear all that up though I reckon he'll still be out for more than two weeks, especially due to the high level of repeat dislocation. They'll want to have it as stable as possible before he plays again. If he needs surgery of any kind I reckon it'll be a lengthy lay up, even if he doesn't need surgery they'll want him in a brace for quite some time to stabilise things before testing it out. 

I’m currently stood alone at the top of the fantasy league table with only one defeat; which is odd in itself given that I’ve not got a great team - but when you notice that I actually got out scored in two matchups makes it even more curious.

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m currently stood alone at the top of the fantasy league table with only one defeat; which is odd in itself given that I’ve not got a great team - but when you notice that I actually got out scored in two matchups makes it even more curious.

Pretty annoying that I’ve scored the most points but am only midtable. Think I might lose to Dave this week too. That’s the deal with fantasy though. Need a bit of luck in the matchups each week.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Pretty annoying that I’ve scored the most points but am only midtable. Think I might lose to Dave this week too. That’s the deal with fantasy though. Need a bit of luck in the matchups each week.

Indeed, if I had fucked off the Baltimore defence a few weeks ago I'd be sitting on 6-0 instead of 4-2. 

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

The point I was getting at is that I have lost two times, but only have one defeat.

if you check my week to week matchups.

Guest Pistonbroke

Redskins may have made it somewhat difficult for the 49'ers...but fuck me, 0 points and they just got over 150 yards total. 

Ah well, I move to 5-2 thanks to another victory.

Being as I'm new to this and I'm to lazy to read up on it, how do things pan out after the regular season in the fantasy league?