You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time for a wing king?

jimbglanmire

I've copped a lot of flak on here lately for promoting out of left field ideas. I've been called a manc loads, I thought that was someone from the Isle of Man, but from the reaction I guess it means you think I support Manchester City. For the record I don't care about any of the Manchester's, I am Torres' number 1 fan and would love to see the pool win the league and champions league with Torres' coming in MVP for the season.

But this is another idea I had which may not be to everyones liking but I think might have it's merit.So if you could reply to it without calling me a spastic or negging me - both of which I have received the maximum for already anyway - it would be great!!

so here goes -

Given his recent problems with L.A Galaxy wouldnt it be a great time to swoop on "the wing-king" beckham. He would sell tonnes of jerseys, it would be getting one up on Manchester as they just got owen, so this would definitely trump that, and also given the limited ability of our wingers we could contract beckham to work as a coach as well as a player for some games to bring on the likes of Reira, Babel and benayoun to an extent. We are short of a wide receiver to punt great balls into the red zone for the top marksmen such as Kuyt and Torres and he would be great cover for this season as he will be maxing the envelope to make the national selection for the world cup

so beckham as half player, half coach - full time jersey merchant, do you think it will work?

I think he's pretty funny. The stand out parts are " the pool" and " red zone". I genuinely have no idea what a red zone is but it made me laugh quite loudly.

Edit: What could "maxing the envolope" mean? It the type of thing that Alan Sex would post obscene gifs of?

Edited by Kevin D
A reason? Just for editing? Police state.

The red zone is the last 20-10 yards on an american football pitch before entering the end zone where you score the touchdowns. So effectively he wants someone who predominantely uses his hands to move the football up the pitch, to punt the ball 50-60 yards, into an area 20 yards outside of the penalty area.

I think he's pretty funny. The stand out parts are " the pool" and " red zone". I genuinely have no idea what a red zone is but it made me laugh quite loudly.

Edit: What could "maxing the envolope" mean? It the type of thing that Alan Sex would post obscene gifs of?

You forgot MVP, wide receiver, Punt and fuck knows what "maxing the envelope" means, but i'm guessing its something to do with those special blue airmail stamps?

I've copped a lot of flak on here lately for promoting out of left field ideas. I've been called a manc loads, I thought that was someone from the Isle of Man, but from the reaction I guess it means you think I support Manchester City. For the record I don't care about any of the Manchester's, I am Torres' number 1 fan and would love to see the pool win the league and champions league with Torres' coming in MVP for the season.

But this is another idea I had which may not be to everyones liking but I think might have it's merit.So if you could reply to it without calling me a spastic or negging me - both of which I have received the maximum for already anyway - it would be great!!

so here goes -

Given his recent problems with L.A Galaxy wouldnt it be a great time to swoop on "the wing-king" beckham. He would sell tonnes of jerseys, it would be getting one up on Manchester as they just got owen, so this would definitely trump that, and also given the limited ability of our wingers we could contract beckham to work as a coach as well as a player for some games to bring on the likes of Reira, Babel and benayoun to an extent. We are short of a wide receiver to punt great balls into the red zone for the top marksmen such as Kuyt and Torres and he would be great cover for this season as he will be maxing the envelope to make the national selection for the world cup

so beckham as half player, half coach - full time jersey merchant, do you think it will work?

Scientists have discovered that the average tit weighs 1.5kg, but they cannot work out the average weight of a cunt.

So if you could pop on the scales and PM me back.

"wide receiver" identifies him - that's a position in American football - hence his fascination with Beckham. Use of the word "punt" reinforces that.

A good WUM leaves you in doubt as to whether he is being serious or not - and on that basis he deserves about an 8.

this reminds me of doing a babel fish translation and some of the gems in the article were:

central zone supervisor

front sulkies - lampard was having these apparently!

the ashley cabbage

world basin

cupboard confidante

withdraw me outside rio

patrol of the fielded road

Glanmire in Cork is known for them. In fact, anywhere in Cork is a hotbed for this type of thing. Except it's spelt with an 'a' in the place of the first 'i'... and it's one word and not two.

Just so you know.

Why do so many bite, and get so upset?