You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I hate the Guardian

dennis tooth

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The thing is, Afghanistan receives more military aid than Israel, yet making a joke about military aid to Afghanistan wouldn't have entered the correspondent's head. You can draw your own conclusions about why that may be. I certainly have.

Something to do with the timing of the bill that was passed giving 500 million to Israel at the same time as not enough to Americans for covid.... like he clearly states in his article. But yep you will clearly take what you want from it, blind again to the actual truth. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You can’t say it’s ok for the Mandorian bird and bad for the Guardian bloke. 

I agree with his original tweet. Katie Hopkins and that laurence cunt have made a fortune off being controversial so they can crow about censorship. Back to the "be controversial and you'll keep the money coming in" train. 

He does appear to be a bad tit like. 

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Slippery slope arguments are always bullshit  (notwithstanding beans on Weetabix).

There’s a tweet, above, by this guy saying cancel culture is a right wing myth.  This guy then complains he has been cancelled. Tell him it’s bullshit.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a tweet, above, by this guy saying cancel culture is a right wing myth.  This guy then complains he has been cancelled. Tell him it’s bullshit.  

When he makes the slippery slope argument, then I'll tell him it's bullshit.  Until then, I'll tell you it's a bullshit argument. 

• 6 months later...

I despise the Guardian. It's a dreadful newspaper. It might just be a tiny little bit less appalling than the S*n but only by a midgies.

It's equally true to say there's not a newspaper I'd prefer. I hate them all equally. The Guardian comes in for extra hostility because it should do better and doesn't.

I'm not sure whether it is more repellent than the BBC. Could go either way that one. 

My current affairs reading comes from the internet. If I absolutely had to buy a newspaper, I'd have the Morning Star and complain slightly less. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

After the shit they threw at Corbyn, one of my small pleasures is watching the amount of articles that I have read without giving them a penny totting up, and the growing annoyance in the tone of their exhortations for me to contribute.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1