You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen any Ajax games this season, but I imagine Suarez hadn't taken the fucking piss out of them with shit performances and by walking around without breaking sweat.

And,unlike El Sulko,he`s very open about the distaste he has for the poor service he`s getting.He`ll chase every forlorn hoof,but believe me,that scowl he offers afterwards shows that he isn`the sort of man that seeks security by going into his shell !! Time will tell if this attitude rubs off or wears thin;the nub,of course,is that he`s Ajax schooled, where pass and move is so ingrained that it makes Barca look like a team of Carraghers.

Looked good again today, loved that little chip at the end. He has a touch of shitbag about him too which I like, Bergkamp esque.

It was so fucking easy!

It's as if he just thought this game needs saving so I better do it now. Shame there were 2 defenders on the line because that would have been some goal.

• 3 weeks later...
I think he needs a goal again, had the feeling throughout the game on Saturday that he tried too much and it ended up with him making a few bad decisions and he lost the ball when he tried to do everything himself.

He's just young and eager to please, he wants the ball all the time though and that's a great sign, he looks like one of these players you get who just loves playing and probably boots a ball around in his back yard when he's off. He's very raw though still IMO, he needs more coahing discipline and to use his energy better, you see a lot of that from skilful players who've come from poor leagues though, they get so much space and people just enjoy watching them play that they just get unleashed to do whatever the fuck they want - he won't be able to do that here.

I think both he and Carroll have got things in their game which need refining and shaping, but you would expect that of players their age - nothing some coaching, games and time won't sort.

I think he needs a goal again, had the feeling throughout the game on Saturday that he tried too much and it ended up with him making a few bad decisions and he lost the ball when he tried to do everything himself.

Give your head a wobble.

He's fucking brilliant.

Suarez hasn't even got started yet for me. Despite his clear class and his massive amount of assists both direct and indirect, in terms of his scoring he is still getting used to the Prem and he needs to learn two things, to get good contact and power on his shots and more importantly to relax take his shots early. Torres discovered very early on for us in the Prem to take his shots early and fuck the extra touch off, Suarez will click properly on the goal front once he realises most of his chances he just needs to take the second the gap opens in front of him.

I don't think it's a confidence thing but thats the way of the Premiership which is different to other leagues and Torres took full advantage while here before he forgot it at Chelsea. When Luis is onto it he won't be able to stop scoring as with his talent he won't be able help himself.

Suarez hasn't even got started yet for me. Despite his clear class and his massive amount of assists both direct and indirect, in terms of his scoring he is still getting used to the Prem and he needs to learn two things, to get good contact and power on his shots and more importantly to relax take his shots early. Torres discovered very early on for us in the Prem to take his shots early and fuck the extra touch off, Suarez will click properly on the goal front once he realises most of his chances he just needs to take the second the gap opens in front of him.

Kinda agree with that. It's almost like we've got 6 months free with him to get used to the league.

I love watching him play every time he gets the ball the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He seems to have the blinkers on sometimes in his eagerness to score but its just great to have someone who is constantly probing defences like him. He must be a nightmare to play against, just having him as a threat helps our side in every other area of the pitch, not to mention his work rate plus the fact he is pissed off with himself and others when things aren't perfectly executed, he's a born winner.

I love watching him play every time he gets the ball the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He seems to have the blinkers on sometimes in his eagerness to score but its just great to have someone who is constantly probing defences like him. He must be a nightmare to play against, just having him as a threat helps our side in every other area of the pitch, not to mention his work rate plus the fact he is pissed off with himself and others when things aren't perfectly executed, he's a born winner.

Yeah, his movement is world class, his nose for finding/creating space space (Not just in the box but outside the box, deep or out wide.) is a joy to behold in itself and as good any anyone's I've seen as long as I've watched footy.

What I also like is that when he plays for Uruguay or Ajax he was a bit of a diver but either he's done his HW or someone had a word as since he come here I haven't seen it once from him, in fact the opposite, I've seen him stay on his feet loads when he didn't need to. I was surprised to see how strong he has been on the ball, I mean I knew he was strong but thought he might struggle a bit more on that side in the Prem, no worries there though. He is not speedy Gonzales but he has just enough speed to do what he needs to do. His smile is infectious and must help the youngsters to see that attitude, as opposed to Nando, (I hate comparing them though!)who even when red hot for us was a mardy bugger for 90mins and only smiled when he scored. I am also, in reluctantly comparing them, aware of one other thing, Suarez is so clever and flexible no one can second guess him, with Nando, defences knew what he was going to do they just had trouble stopping him whereas Suarez can pop up anywhere and do anything at any time, he even passes to teammates in better positions who aren't Gerrard!

Yeah, his movement is world class, his nose for finding/creating space space (Not just in the box but outside the box, deep or out wide.) is a joy to behold in itself and as good any anyone's I've seen as long as I've watched footy.

What I also like is that when he plays for Uruguay or Ajax he was a bit of a diver but either he's done his HW or someone had a word as since he come here I haven't seen it once from him, in fact the opposite, I've seen him stay on his feet loads when he didn't need to. I was surprised to see how strong he has been on the ball, I mean I knew he was strong but thought he might struggle a bit more on that side in the Prem, no worries there though. He is not speedy Gonzales but he has just enough speed to do what he needs to do. His smile is infectious and must help the youngsters to see that attitude, as opposed to Nando, (I hate comparing them though!)who even when red hot for us was a mardy bugger for 90mins and only smiled when he scored. I am also, in reluctantly comparing them, aware of one other thing, Suarez is so clever and flexible no one can second guess him, with Nando, defences knew what he was going to do they just had trouble stopping him whereas Suarez can pop up anywhere and do anything at any time, he even passes to teammates in better positions who aren't Gerrard!

I'm not so sure about that bit to be honest - there have been a few examples recently where he could have played a simple pass inside but chose to shoot instead.

I'm not so sure about that bit to be honest - there have been a few examples recently where he could have played a simple pass inside but chose to shoot instead.

I know what you mean as I've seen it a few times myself, more recently he's been doing more of that but I think that's just angst as he's not been scoring here quite as he used to and wants to show the fans what he's about, most of that has been done when we already had a lead as well. No striker will pass it everytime as goals are their livelihood.

I think if you look at his assists rate thus far and contrast and compare to Torrres it is clear though. Kuyt seems to be reaping the benefits recently as did Maxi!

That bit for Maxi's third at the weekend makes me want to do a sex wee - where he's run the ball down to the goal line and looks up, hands apart as if to say "come on then, who fucking wants it?!" whilst all the time still controlling the ball. Love it.

That bit for Maxi's third at the weekend makes me want to do a sex wee - where he's run the ball down to the goal line and looks up, hands apart as if to say "come on then, who fucking wants it?!" whilst all the time still controlling the ball. Love it.

Yeah that really struck me as well. Id of either ran past the ball or tripped over it, yet he is in the bustle of a premiership game strolling, waiting for others to get up to speed.