You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

"Work hard, show the fans that I can work hard, put in lots of effort, show everybody my capabilities, and best of all to play as many games as possible and help us move up table.

Liverpool is a very famous club, most famous in England, I watched them as a boy, I watched English football as a boy, they have great fans, greatest in England I think, dream to play here.

My ambition is to do my very best for Liverpool, to learn more about English football, and to become a champion."

If they'd snuck Reyes in instead would we have noticed?

I know this will sound like sour grapes but did anyone really ever get the feeling Torres was a leader? Reina was always the one of the Spanish lads who gave me that feeling and as amazing as Alonso and Torres were I never got that from either of them. It's not hard to see how Suarez got the captaincy of Ajax if you watch him on the pitch and hear his words of it, and from the age of what 21 he was captain?

I'm happy to see another potential leader at the club, someone who just has that vibe about them that you know they will know when to follow and when to lead, like all great leaders who happen to be placed with other great leaders.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say one day he could make a fine captain for this club if he continues in this vein.

Not sure if this has been posted - pure class.

Luis Suarez Welcome to Liverpool FC Football Video by MilanKakaBaros

Some of the goals and assists in here are outstanding.

We should be going crazy with excitement but his signing has been kind of overshadowed by the mentalness of yesterday. Let's hope he can carry those performances into a tougher league. If he does we have a star on our hands.

The partnership with Carroll is mouth watering. If both players live up to their potential our strike force will be awesome.

Hello everyone. As you guys know from the Press, my transfer to Liverpool is now official. I want to thank Ajax for those wonderful 3 years and a half I spent in Amsterdam, where I've been so happy and pride to wear and defend Ajax colours. Special thanks to all my fans for supporting me and to all people who helped me during last years. I will always have you guys in my heart. I am starting a new adventure now with a very important club. I want to thank them for the strong effort They've done to count on me. I am going to work hard day by day to give them back the trust they have in me. Thank you everybody.

Luis Suárez

Some of the goals and assists in here are outstanding.

We should be going crazy with excitement but his signing has been kind of overshadowed by the mentalness of yesterday. Let's hope he can carry those performances into a tougher league. If he does we have a star on our hands.

The partnership with Carroll is mouth watering. If both players live up to their potential our strike force will be awesome.

So what position is he starting from? Where did he play at Ajax, and who was he creating the goals for (I am at work so can't really look at it)?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That MKB video really gets the juices flowing, eh?

If they both play to their potential and form a good partnership, how the fuck are teams going to handle them? You've got Suarez, who is tricky, nippy around the box, has skill and a low centre of gravity, and then you've got Furio, the jolly green giant, terrorising, holding the ball up, chasing everything down, owning anything in the air and making space for other players. I don't think teams are going to like facing those two.

So what position is he starting from? Where did he play at Ajax, and who was he creating the goals for (I am at work so can't really look at it)?

I never watched Ajax play so I don't know what formation he played in or who else played with him.

It looked like he had a strike partner in some of the clips. Some of the finishing and movement in the final third looked great.

It's a youtube clip though, they make everyone look good.

He's going to be great, Andy is going to be great, we're going to be great. Fuck this moping around over Torres and bitching about paying to much for Carroll, I'm feeling positive about our future this is a turning point.

The thing that impressed me the most about Suarez in the world cup was his build up work and setting up chances for others namely Diego Forlan. He can score goals but he can do a lot more.

Judging by the clips, it looks like he's the focal point of a front three, but he seems to be able to drop deep and pick a pass and looks to be good at putting little crosses in. Finishing has the look of Fowler at times, but right footed.

Some quality freek kicks as well which bodes well.

Im more optimistic about this guy than Caroll. Obviously internet vids make even shit players look great but some of the goals he scored were quite varied. I was thinking he was more like Fowler when i fist saw him but he seems to like to drop deep and run at defenders and be more mobile.