You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hleb was available for between 7-9 million I'd take him, if we could sell some of the deadwood to fund the deal and still be in the market for a quick winger in the ribery mould with any budget the 2 cunts would give him, I reckon that would be ideal. Think Hleb would give us some decent options as he can occupy any of the 3 positions behind Torres.

Probably be more chance of Fergie apologising to Rafa than it happening though to be fair

Has your man retired because if not surely you should be writing letters, petitioning , the works to get him back here. He could just be the answer.

Has your man retired because if not surely you should be writing letters, petitioning , the works to get him back here. He could just be the answer.

I don't think he would want to tarnish the magnificent memories of his first stint here, why damage such an illustrious reputation with a potentially ill fated return. Tallented though he undoubtedly is.

Hleb has a horrendous goal scoring record and would be a bad signing.

Renato Augusto would not get a work permit in England (yet)

our choices are really limited, i'd take a chance on Turan if we can get him for a sensible price which I think we can, his profile is excellent being a young international player but he will have to step up. Valencia want €22m for Silva which I think is ridiculous as I'm not sure he would live up to that in terms of goals and assists...

I don't think he would want to tarnish the magnificent memories of his first stint here, why damage such an illustrious reputation with a potentially ill fated return. Tallented though he undoubtedly is.

I do wonder if he could be tempted out of retirement; a player of his quality still has quite a bit to offer and it does make you question our management when you see a player of his calibre ,potentially on a free, not being persued.

What about Ashley Young?

Can play right or left, can beat defenders, has a good cross, good set play, is young (excuse the pun), can help with the English quota...

Think he should be a target.

He also sold Pennant and Bellamy.

They aren't part of the current squad I was talking about.

It shows he'll buy players if he feels they can improve the team, regardless of what the players or fans think.

Doubt Carragher would have enjoyed playing alongside Lucas Neill.

Mr T. Rafa has ousted previous favourites like Crouch so he could do the same with Kuyt. I know he seems to have an unhealthy obsession with Kuyt but thats probably more to do with out lack of options on the right than any favourtism. Its been too long and both Rafa and Houllier have poor records generally in signing attacking players and it needs to be addressed.

And yet we have outscored everyone this season. Odd that eh?

And yet we have outscored everyone this season. Odd that eh?

Exactly. We have the most potent attack in the league. We dont need a massive depth of 'strikers' because we play 4-3-3 with 1 proper winger. Thats obviously not a negative tactic as we're top scorers. Black and white it's not.

Sure, Keane was a poor purchase in hindsight but most were happy with him at the time. Some purchases dont work, some do like Torres and Kuyt.

Now is not a time for whinging, it's time to buy a winger to replace Babel and be a different option on the right too. Ribery or Silva would be smashing.

Exactly. We have the most potent attack in the league. We dont need a massive depth of 'strikers' because we play 4-3-3 with 1 proper winger. Thats obviously not a negative tactic as we're top scorers. Black and white it's not.

Sure, Keane was a poor purchase in hindsight but most were happy with him at the time. Some purchases dont work, some do like Torres and Kuyt.

Now is not a time for whinging, it's time to buy a winger to replace Babel and be a different option on the right too. Ribery or Silva would be smashing.

and just hope Torres doesn't get injured otherwise we'll be relying on Ngog.

I would like to add that I would like another option on the right as competition for Dirk and as cover for him if he has to play up front. I just found slagging off attacking purchases when we have outscored everyone else a trifle odd. I think babel should go. If we could get someone who could operate on either flank, it would be perfect, but right wing is probably more important.

I would like to add that I would like another option on the right as competition for Dirk and as cover for him if he has to play up front. I just found slagging off attacking purchases when we have outscored everyone else a trifle odd. I think babel should go. If we could get someone who could operate on either flank, it would be perfect, but right wing is probably more important.

Yossi is the competition for Dirk are you getting rid of him or bringing in a 3rd choice? They way the squad is if someone comes in someone has to go.

Paul Anderson will be back off loan as well maybe he can push those two harder than El Zhar has.

Yossi is the competition for Dirk are you getting rid of him or bringing in a 3rd choice? They way the squad is if someone comes in someone has to go.

Paul Anderson will be back off loan as well maybe he can push those two harder than El Zhar has.

The bit where I said babel should go was my little clue as to who I think should go.

We have the most potent attack but we need to be clinical and have more match winners, we can also massively improve which is a great sign.

It is all well and good winning 3 games 5-0 but if you then draw 3 games 0-0 when your main men are out you still drop too many points.

We need options so we can kill off every game not just the ones our main men are playing in. We must buy a back up to Torres this summer but wingers are definitely the priority