You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we can get a top class player for the right as well. Kuyt has done well recently but people can easily forget some of the really poor performances from him.

Yossi is a good option but I think he's best in a central position, as a back up to Gerrard. That's one thing to come out from last night as well for me; if Gerrard is out, Yossi has to play in his role.

I think we'll have about £45M to spend and should look to get a couple of wide player and maybe, if there's some spare money, have a look at the full backs (although that's not a priority).

Yup.

I think we can pick up a solid right winger, and a potentially top class left winger in the summer and really improve our side.

How much better would it have been to have a threat on the left and someone better than El Zhar coming on for Kuyt?

I still think we can get a top class player for the right as well. Kuyt has done well recently but people can easily forget some of the really poor performances from him.

He's poor when teams come to Anfield and defend depp, happy with a draw, ala Stoke.

But if a high tempo game, he's great.

Play Yossi in the games where we need guile, play Kuyt in the high tempo games. Two very different, but effective options.

I agree about Yossi, he's a great back up for Gerrard behind Torres.

He's poor when teams come to Anfield and defend depp, happy with a draw, ala Stoke.

But if a high tempo game, he's great.

Play Yossi in the games where we need guile, play Kuyt in the high tempo games. Two very different, but effective options.

I agree about Yossi, he's a great back up for Gerrard behind Torres.

Yossi is also going to do much better in a high tempo game, to be honest.

i think some are going to be left very disapointed with the wide options we sign this summer unless we get a huge cash injection.

The top bracket like ribery will be crazy money and chelsea, united, barca, madrid and city will have their pick unless the player says liverpool or nothing.

Then you have the likes of silva at around 20 mil and we can be outbid by the likes of spurs, juventus for those types of players unless rafa uses his contacts or again the player says liverpool only.

Coupled with the fact i think Barry and a full back, probably johnson is a cert because we have been linked, rafa wants barry, they are english and johnson can play rw if required.

So i see 2 or 3 signings left and we definitely need another striker and probably 2 in an ideal world!

I am not sure on the budget but i think we will spend about 25 mil combined on 2 wingers and then 20 odd on a striker. I would also like an experienced striker to come in on a free, crespo or owen would be ideal.

I think we are looking at the likes of downing, robben, valencia, kuba, lennon and probably some mystery spanish options as far as wingers go or maybe someone like silva if rafa strikes an early deal with valencia but if we sign silva the option for the right may be a cheap option.

I think we are looking at 5 signings and i would like an experienced striker too. I think that would give us the complete squad and i just don't see rafa buying 1 player with our budget, i thought we would be in a position to do that this summer but i think i was being optimistic and that approach may be for next year if the season goes well of course!

i think some are going to be left very disapointed with the wide options we sign this summer unless we get a huge cash injection.

The top bracket like ribery will be crazy money and chelsea, united, barca, madrid and city will have their pick unless the player says liverpool or nothing.

if our scouts weren't so hopeless they would find someone. Nasri and Arshavin for example didnt cost the earth and neither would Turan who could be worth a punt, so no excuses.

Sturridge and maybe Cannavaro if we need CB backup.

I don't think Cannavaro would welcome sitting on our bench, nor do I think he'll cope with the pace of this league.

Lucas Neill is on the list. Wonder if Rafa would go back for him to give Arbeloa some competition for right back?!... I hope not!

I want Ribery but that's never gonna happen.

There isn't another world class option out there.

I think when fully fit Robben is world class.

Watching La Liga last night I heard that Vincente has scored 10 goals this season despite playing second fiddle to Mata.

Is he back to his best? He was superb a few years ago.