You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maybe it's the...

...shit weather today, maybe it's Mr. Richards announcement that he's going to 'jump the pond' or maybe it's RiS's talk of exotic holiday destinations; but I'm starting to think that I might want to move of this country at some point in the future - definately not preceeding getting my degree (although I'd consider moving away from Liverpool following it if necessary), probably not preceeding finding a Mrs. WD, but maybe not too far beyond that.

Anyone else had or having similar thoughts? If so, where would you relocate to? I can only think of America as a possibilty really; I wouldn't mind some other ideas...

I do, top of the list is NZ or Canada, Canada somehow as i have lived there before should be relatively simple. the other option is Norway, be rather difficult as i dont speak a word, but getting residency over there should be ok as my legal father and 2 siblings are there, even though i only occasionally speak to 1 via FB.

Dont know, its not that i think they are better places, i just think they have more space...

My mum and dad actually considered living in Canada, they said they thought about it when they took me there on holiday (as an 18 month old), so I could have been a Canadian ey.

Quite like the idea of a more relaxed life, although I still enjoy the buzz of a city so I'd have to have the money to be able to visit a few - New York, for example, was quite probably the best holiday I've ever been on.

I'd love to move abroad, I've got my mother and sister here but no other roots, no extended family, plus I don't see a lot going on in my immediate future career-wise due to the industy. Fuck knows how I'd go about it, giving serious thought to teaching in Japan and then taking it from there.

...shit weather today, maybe it's Mr. Richards announcement that he's going to 'jump the pond' or maybe it's RiS's talk of exotic holiday destinations; but I'm starting to think that I might want to move of this country at some point in the future - definately not preceeding getting my degree (although I'd consider moving away from Liverpool following it if necessary), probably not preceeding finding a Mrs. WD, but maybe not too far beyond that.

Anyone else had or having similar thoughts? If so, where would you relocate to? I can only think of America as a possibilty really; I wouldn't mind some other ideas...

or if leaving liverpool is too big a jump, try this thread for info on the 'other' liverpool....

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/61847-want-move-liverpool.html

I'd like to move to France. The biggest obstacle is the language barrier, I can speak a little bit but not enough to live there. It's something I'd definitely like to do.

I think that It'll happen somewhere down the line. Probably when I get a bit too old to be playing for the first team regularly, that's a big thing keeping where I am for the forseable future (odd as it may sound).

Those engineering salaries sound tempting.

ps - I loathe the idea of raising a kid in England. If I stay in this part of the world, I'll be on the continent.

However, I've got the option of picking up anchor and going back to Canada without any hassle but I'm sure my BC healthcare will wonder why I haven't paid for insurance in a few years since I never did *cancel* it.

I don't think I'd like to emigrate on a permanent basis just yet but I wouldn't mind working abroad for a period of time before coming back home. Knowing that I would only be away for a year or two would make leaving a lot easier I think but I definitely want to live abroad later in life.