You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

...is ace. Just watched it in full 1080p High-Def (on my PS3).

I knew that girl was going to die a horrible death after being attacked. All that pink slime around the wound can't be good for your health.

What is everyone else's opinion?

I thought it was good yeah, to be honest though I couldn't imagine it being AS good on DVD as it was at the pictures, feels like you need that sense of scale to make it a really ace film.

Saying that though your TV is wider than Dawn French's arse, so no problem there!

I thought it was good yeah, to be honest though I couldn't imagine it being AS good on DVD as it was at the pictures, feels like you need that sense of scale to make it a really ace film.

Saying that though your TV is wider than Dawn French's arse, so no problem there!

It's 40" and it did look really good in High-Def.

The service from America is excellent. I paid £11.30 for it (inc. p&p), ordered it last Sunday, it was despatched on Wednesday and came this morning.

I had to literally toss a coin between this and Jumper yesterday, Jumper won. watching it later.

watched Juno last night, comedy my arse!

Fate dealt you a cruel hand with that one - Cloverfield is ace, Jumper is shite(even though I haven't actualy seen jumper but i'm convinced it will be turd)

I agree with S31 though, I don't think it will be nearly as good on a t.v. as it was on the big screen.

...is ace. Just watched it in full 1080p High-Def (on my PS3).

I knew that girl was going to die a horrible death after being attacked. All that pink slime around the wound can't be good for your health.

What is everyone else's opinion?

Not the greatest film by any means, but I really enjoyed it. Godzilla filmed in the style of The Blair Witch Project sounds shite on paper, but it works really well for me.

I thought Cloverfield was absolutely dire. My mate gave it a massive thumbs up (ooer) and I expected it to be good. The bloke with the camera was completely annoying, the CGI was shite and the ending was a load of bollocks.

I reckon they could have killed the monster by having it "accidentally fall down the stairs"... ;)

Fate dealt you a cruel hand with that one - Cloverfield is ace, Jumper is shite(even though I haven't actualy seen jumper but i'm convinced it will be turd)

I agree with S31 though, I don't think it will be nearly as good on a t.v. as it was on the big screen.

jumper wasnt that good. Sam the man was rather shit in it.

I was disappointed with it to be honest. It was mainly a bunch of loud mouthed Americans shouting "WE GODDA GID OUDDA HEEERE" and "OOH MY GAWWDD" and arguing with eachother about which way they should go.

Agree with Chris Royle about the bloke with the camera. Extremely annoying.

My advice: Put Will Smith in it, use proper cameras and make a proper blockbuster movie.

One thing that always makes me laugh about these films though is the ultra professionalism of the American militray and emergency services as they're depicted.

In war of the worlds you see them CHARGING towards the war machines, and even weeks into the invasion they're all "Keep back sir, we'll handle this!"

It's funny when you consider that 300 New Orleans police officers walked off the job in the first week after Hurricane Katrina - resulting in a murder and rape fest at the Superdome.

Additional acts of unrest occurred following the storm, particularly with the New Orleans Police Department. In the aftermath, a tourist asked a police officer for assistance, and got the response, "Go to hell, it's every man for himself."[33] Also, one third of New Orleans police officers deserted the city in the days before the storm, many of them escaping in their department-owned patrol cars. This added to the chaos by stretching law enforcement thin.[34] Additionally, there were confirmed cases of police officers stealing vehicles from the Sewell Cadillac car dealership, further adding to the confusion. Several NOPD officers were arrested weeks after Katrina for suspicion of vehicle theft.

One thing that always makes me laugh about these films though is the ultra professionalism of the American militray and emergency services as they're depicted.

In war of the worlds you see them CHARGING towards the war machines, and even weeks into the invasion they're all "Keep back sir, we'll handle this!"

It's funny when you consider that 300 New Orleans police officers walked off the job in the first week after Hurricane Katrina - resulting in a murder and rape fest at the Superdome.

Yeah but there's a big difference between the ethnic origin of the people featured in War of the Worlds/Cloverfield and those who actually live in New Orleans. ;)

I think the spoiler is Cloverfield just isn't that great. It isn't Alien scary or Godzilla action-packed. Jumpers wasn't brilliant but was less irritating than Cloverfield and as a piece of mindless entertainment it worked for me.

(Thought Juno was great)

...resulting in a murder and rape fest at the Superdome.

I recall reading that subsequent investigation showed this to be untrue.

As for Cloverfield - good bit of popcorn. Basically the film Godzilla should have been.

• 3 weeks later...
Heads Up Display.

Somebody rep Jules for me please.

As for the film I liked it, but the pretence that conventional weapons were insufficient to defeat the beast was a bit laughable.

They would have bombed it's ass off.

Somebody rep Jules for me please.

As for the film I liked it, but the pretence that conventional weapons were insufficient to defeat the beast was a bit laughable.

They would have bombed it's ass off.

Why?

It lived under the fucking ocean, it must've had a hell of a lot of protection.