You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Clive Tyldesley

Lurtz

He might as well just lob it out and knock one off over Ronaldo. For fuck sake, we've got this dick wanking off over Ronaldo on ITV and Motson on the BBC who sports a permanent hardon for Roooooooneeeeeeey. Pair of fucking idiots.

...and Mark fucking Bright co-commentating earlier? Fuck's that all about?! Can't decide who's more of a dick - Bright or Pleat on the other side.

Jesus, I'd give anything for some decent terrestrial TV commentators.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started to warm to Andy Townsend over the past season, basically because he seems to be making an effort to be informative without pretending it's rocket science, but he's just let himself down there. Portugal push men forward because it's in their genes and not because they are coached that way, apparently. Pardon?

I was about to post a thread about which has got the better overall package out of BBC and ITV, even though they're both pretty shite. I agree with everything you said Redder, apart from that I reckon Pleat can be surprisingly logical and fair at times; so in the commentary stakes ITV probably just edge it.

For the analysis though it's BBC all the way. Yes they've had a few howlers in the past (Ian Wright being the most obvious) and O'Neill and Linekar are a pair of tools, but I don't mind Hansen or Shearer. As for ITV, despite Matt Smith not being too bad (and a red I think) they continually have shite panelists and have now commited a cardinal sin in having that Manc inbred blurt in their studio.

That twat Red Manc supporter of a commentator was on his England agenda. For Pete's sake, stop going on about England. The whole fuckin' country knows we haven't qualified; even my wife who does not give a shit about football, knows England didn't qualify. These cunts, always looking backwards.... lets just enjoy the football, and stop tossing off on England, and actually enjoy some decent International football.

:wallbutt:

I near pissed myself laughing when Motson said: "So The Czech Republic take the lead, and from one of the most unlikely sources". What, the sub who's just came on as a replacement striker? Fucking dickhead. He then went on and compounded his idiocy by saying, "If Koller hadn't gone off, and Smerkos hadn't come on, would that goal have been scored (sucks teeth in his irritating way), who knows eh". We know you soft cunt Koller is way too slow to have got to that ball for one thing.

I've got a feeling I'm not gonna enjoy this competition, purely cos of the commentators/panellists. Gary Neville? Gary FUCKING Neville!!!

that Tyldesley man who works for ITV, I don't like him, its not that I don't like him I just think he's silly!

Actually I think he's a cunt, can't go a match without mentioning United, he is cunt of the highest order.

RTE has the best overall package, get on it.

They were even slagging off Andy Grey and Richard Keys today, and Dunphy called Ronaldo the 'Marilyn Monroe of Football' the biggest star but not the best player. Ace.

as much as i hate dunphy i cant get enough of him either.one funny mo fo.thinks he knows all bout football, but hasnt a bleedin clue !!..stick him on the bbc with shearer and co..that would be some craic :)

oh and Kenny Cunnigham for his Jermaine DePennant !! quality

Guest davelfc
Matt Smith | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Is Clive Tyldesley a Man Utd fan?

[long pause] Erm, I would suspect that his loyalties may lie further along the East Lancs road than mine. But he has never actually admitted it to me [laughs]. You probably wouldn't be too many miles wrong there.

I can state for a fact that he is a bluenose. My friend used to know him well, meals out with him and his wife etc. My mate is a bluenose and so is he.

And yes he's as much of an arsehole as he appears on tv. He told me plenty of stories that I can only mention to annoy people reading this and cannot put into print as it would get my mate into trouble.

I can state for a fact that he is a bluenose. My friend used to know him well, meals out with him and his wife etc. My mate is a bluenose and so is he.

And yes he's as much of an arsehole as he appears on tv. He told me plenty of stories that I can only mention to annoy people reading this and cannot put into print as it would get my mate into trouble.

Then obviously Man Utd are his joint favourite team!

Matt Smith | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Is Clive Tyldesley a Man Utd fan?

[long pause] Erm, I would suspect that his loyalties may lie further along the East Lancs road than mine. But he has never actually admitted it to me [laughs]. You probably wouldn't be too many miles wrong there.

I always knew Matt Smith was a Red, but I didn't know he was from here. He comes across as a decent bloke in that interview.

As for Tyldesley, I remember the cunt when he started out on Radio City. I don't think at the time they had different commentators for the 2 teams I think Ivy used to commentate on both Us and the bitters.