You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't you stand, Stronts?

I'm normally one of our six candidates. Two felt they weren't able to stand this time around due to discomfort with national policies. Two others felt they were getting too old. One is too busy with his studies. Persuading anyone else to put their name forward is like pulling teeth, and I didn't want to be the only bugger standing. Plus I just generally couldn't be arsed. I have better things to do with my time.

Yup. Minority green administration here. Although due to Labour they were unable to get their budget through. So even though the Brighton is the first 'Green' council, it is pretty constrained.

Thats a shame.

Its a shame there werent a few more Green candidates too because i'd definitely consider voting for them.

I've been very impressed with the quality of their Councillors. They have drafted in some brains, which can make a real difference at Local level.

They need to embark on a national ad campaign to raise their profile and tell the public what their manifesto is.

Help from Green Parties across Europe would be a good idea too.

We cant have too many alternatives at the moment.

One by me Cons hold the seat but Im not going to vote as it means Id have to be on the electoral roll, And like Chris Tarrant, I dont want to give you that.

Ive only ever voted once that was for the Libs in the national election after the Iraq war.

Im thinking of joinng Respect however and maybe putting myself up from there, need to look into this however, got a lot going on right now to deal with first.

I cant remember less interest in an election...hardly any election broadcasts, no posters on lamp posts. It was only when I passed a polling station this morning that I remembered about it

Here you go LF.

I reckon Labour will make big gains, but if they lose Glasgow and some Bradford seats to Respect then the Tories, and the Tory press, will make them out to be the losers.

Nice one Rapey.

Watch that saddo Sec be in here within 5 minutes.

Here you go LF.

I reckon Labour will make big gains, but if they lose Glasgow and some Bradford seats to Respect then the Tories, and the Tory press, will make them out to be the losers.

Labour need to be making massive gains mate, but Glasgow will go imho.

And the tory media go go fuck themselves with a rusty axe.

I cant remember less interest in an election...hardly any election broadcasts, no posters on lamp posts. It was only when I passed a polling station this morning that I remembered about it

True.

As I said above I have never not voted in my life, this time round I would probably spoileded my voting paper I'm that fucked off with all 3 major parties.

The Greens need some clever recruitment and financing strategy.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone watching Question Time? What a cunt Duncan-Smith is. Caterpillar eyebrow motherfucker.

He's such a massive cunt.

Eric Pickles goes on record saying tories expect to lose around 450 seats.

Hmmmm

11.15pm: More from the expectation management battlefront.

The Tories tell me that even if they do as well as they did in the 2010 general election, they will still lose 200 seats and five councils. (Of course, you could point out that they didn't actually win the 2010 general election.)

And Labour point out that in 2008, when Labour lost 435 seats in local elections, Eric Pickles said: "The ship of state is heading towards the rocks." But recently Pickles said the Tories could lose up to 450 seats

Local election results - live coverage | Politics | guardian.co.uk