You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafas Replacement

Woo

I know amidst all the takeover talk, and speculation over his future, that these have been difficult times for evryone involved in Liverpool (bar H & G). If worst came to the worse and Rafa left/got sacked, whether it be by H & G or if D.I.C come in and decide a fresh approach would be beneficial, then realistically who out there would be a worthy candidate to replace him.

In my opinion he would need (obviously);

Experience

To Have Won League and/or European Trophies

A Bold Manager Not Scared To Make Big Decisions

Now the first person that comes to mind is obviously Jose Mourinho. Now I know what most fans think of him and to be honest I couldnt give two sh*ts, he has a proven track record, would be inheriting a better squad than he did at Chelsea, and l liked him as a manager.

But the one man I wanted, and wouldve gladly sacked Rafa for (harsh I know) is Fabio Capello but obviously hes England Coach. Hes is the type of manager needed to bring success to Liverpool.

I just really think that some fans may have lost their way in thinking that DIC coming in would cement Rafas job because quite frankly his league record is pretty poor. This is something I felt I needed to get off my chest beacuse being linked with Klinsmann honestly scared the shit out of me.

Also been doing some research and the only other managers that I could find for me that would possibly meet the criteria are

Giovanni Trapattoni, Marcelo Lippi, Phil Scolari.

Suddenly Jose stands out from the crowd does he not.

I apologise if there are similar threads but I feel like im the only one thinking literally about things, I love Rafa but I honestly feel his days are numbered

Is your moniker a reference to wools, or is it Woo LFC!!?

My nicknames woo, and then LFC believe it or not stands for Liverpool Football Club (exucse the sarcasm im doin 8am - 7pm in work), so woolfc made sense at the time.

That was before the wool fc thing came in

Maybe Im tired or just am plain missin the point but I dont get that mate?

That'll be the day?

The advert for the Daewoo car i reckon.

The King is right. Nothing gets past the King.

I hear DIC want Paul Merson.

Merson would turn it down. Why would he move? His mum cooks all his meals, does his washing and ironing, and tucks him in every night with a kiss on his forehead. His dad reads him his bedtime story, and drops him off and picks him up from the Sky studios. He's got it made where he is.