You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. 7/10. Good film, if, obviously, deeply unpleasant.

A friend recommended this as a good film to watch with my then 12 year old daughter. It was excruciating seeing what was coming. No happy endings here

The upper crust English accents and cast ruined this for me. Would have been great if made in German with a German cast.

Agreed. Less people would have watched it though.

A friend recommended this as a good film to watch with my then 12 year old daughter. It was excruciating seeing what was coming. No happy endings here

What did your kid think of it?

What did your kid think of it?

She was beside herself and when she had got scared by films in the past I had made her sit through them til the end knowing they would turn out all right. Not this one.

At least we hadnt been reading it as a bedtime story as was the original suggestion from my 'friend.'

She was beside herself and when she had got scared by films in the past I had made her sit through them til the end knowing they would turn out all right. Not this one.

At least we hadnt been reading it as a bedtime story as was the original suggestion from my 'friend.'

Fucking hell, odd suggestion. Silence of the Lambs tonight?

I posted about a film I saw last week called Counterfeiters. Its not on i-player anymore, unfortunately. If you get the chance to see it though, do so.

Similar theme. Perhaps not just before bed, like.

Fucking hell, odd suggestion. Silence of the Lambs tonight?

I posted about a film I saw last week called Counterfeiters. Its not on i-player anymore, unfortunately. If you get the chance to see it though, do so.

Similar theme. Perhaps not just before bed, like.

Funny lot, medics. (My friend's a GP)

Yeah, I'll look out for that (maybe to just watch on my own?)

Fucking hell' date=' odd suggestion. Silence of the Lambs tonight?

Similar theme. Perhaps not just before bed, like.[/quote']

Is an excellent fim,much better than Striped Pyjamas but not one for 12yr olds again though.

We finally got around to watching The Lord of the rings trilogy over the last 2 weekends. Fuck me what a chore, could have been done in 3 hours surely to shite. NZ Scenery was boss, but Elijah wood is an annoying little fuck, and the whole thing between him and his mate got a bit gay there.

A good 10 years before we try and get into the hobbit.

Watched Cronenberg's 'The Brood' last night for the first time in about ten years. It's still very creepy with a couple of really shocking scenes. Ollie Reed basically steals the show as an expert in 'Psychoplasmics', but the rest of the cast are also great.

I think Cronenberg has really matured as a film-maker, but part of me wishes he's return to making films like 'The Brood' and 'Shivers'.

Savages 5/10 for the film but 8/10 for Benicio Del Toro. His role was funny as fuck.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I also would have shot the skinny blonde bird they were trying to get back,she was annoying as fuck and nowhere near as fit as they made out.A promising film that was let down by a mainly Beverley Hills 90210 script and cast.

Island Of Death - Fucking insane 'video Nasty' from the 70's. A brother and sister fuck their way across a Greek island while partaking in bestiality, rape, water-sports, lots of murder, racism, homophobia and copious amounts of full-on incest. It's all done in such an over the top way that it stops being disturbing and becomes very, very funny. While some (well most) will think it's vile nonsense I actually quite liked it, but then I viewed it as some sort of absurd comedy.

The Hobbit - Magnificent. Much leaner than the LOTR's films, and would probably say the cinematography is maybe not quite on the same level. Left me wondering how they were going to extend the source material into 3 films.

9/10

Really?

The Hobbit gets 10/10 from me which has never happened before. Like Mukky said - magnificent. I don't think it could possibly have been any better.

Really?