You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Skyfall - 7/10. Didn't realise first time around just how much it rips from the Nolan Batman films. Not in a bad way, though.

21 Jump Street - 8.5/10. Probably the funniest film I've seen all year. Think I've watched it about four times now.

Safe House - 7/10. Not too bad at all. Denzel is always class, and I liked the fact Reynolds wasn't just going round cracking wise. Decent watch.

Big - 9/10. A classic.

Walk The Line 9/10

I'm a fan of Johnny Cash, so it's pretty shameful that I hadn't seen this up until last night when it was on Film 4. Thought it was excellent. I've got a bit of a thing for Reece Witherspoon and I thought she was brilliant as June Carter, as was Phoenix (who I bear no amorous feelings towards) as the man himself. Fuck knows how he didn't get the Oscar that year because I thought he was the ghost of Johnny Cash. Flawless, in fact.

Factually incorrect in one or two places, but you kind of expect a few liberties to be taken for biopics, so it's not really a gripe on my part. As I said, excellent film.

And I only just clicked as the credits rolled that Johnny Cash's old man is played by the T-1000 from Terminator 2!

Elf is one of my fave films, its well funny even after loads of viewings, if you dont like it you must have no sense of humour! ok its never gone win any awards, or be a critics choice but its there to entertain and it does it well

Its official. I have no sense of humour. I am more than happy to suspend a bit of reality in the interests of Christmas spirit (eg I liked Home Alone, although one was probably enough, and Enchanted) but I could find nothing endearing or even funny in this film at all. It just left me cold.

Maybe The Grinch would be more to your liking?

Oh, I thought of the one too, just didnt write it down. I do like The Grinch and I love Jah Rule's reading of the story....used to be part of my Christmas when Jo Whiley used to play it every year. In fact, I shall just go and find it now....:santa:

Walk The Line 9/10

I'm a fan of Johnny Cash, so it's pretty shameful that I hadn't seen this up until last night when it was on Film 4. Thought it was excellent. I've got a bit of a thing for Reece Witherspoon and I thought she was brilliant as June Carter, as was Phoenix (who I bear no amorous feelings towards) as the man himself. Fuck knows how he didn't get the Oscar that year because I thought he was the ghost of Johnny Cash. Flawless, in fact.

Factually incorrect in one or two places, but you kind of expect a few liberties to be taken for biopics, so it's not really a gripe on my part. As I said, excellent film.

And I only just clicked as the credits rolled that Johnny Cash's old man is played by the T-1000 from Terminator 2!

Wasn't a fan of hers before but she was smoking in Walk The Line.

Reese is boss. Seen her on one or two chat shows in the past and she comes across as a really switched on girl with a good sense of humour.

I'd love the opportunity to take her out for a few jars and a carvery dinner. I'd even shine my shoes and wear a freshly ironed shirt.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyHhOwfzMtsLEZ6v7doiz4Kh-xr7KGJ7N6saKiEIyxBZdTqOMj

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJop02qaZyLnu4OzaiLhj7KWj5fSjJ748_RXeZB0Dt8Bha0KkM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsxgpIiR4sgtzXvQy-4nPaSBnNiRrqYhWpAh0k2ogxeXOHk5ccSw

Reese is boss. Seen her on one or two chat shows in the past and she comes across as a really switched on girl with a good sense of humour.

I'd love the opportunity to take her out for a few jars and a carvery dinner. I'd even shine my shoes and wear a freshly ironed shirt.

She's a stunning looking girl but she needs to sort that chin out. I read an artical of her's some time ago and she's one of those people whos continually looking into herself. She sees an analyst every week. That pint and carvery would probably end up being a sparkling water with a side salad as the main, followed by a indepth inner self chat. Have you seen Election ? One of he earlier films. She plays a good part in that.

Anyway, watched The Da Vinci Code the other day. It was like watching National Treasure, only they never found the treasure. Full of riddles and hidden chambers with quite a bit of traveling.

Think I'll score it, hierogly.gif

REC 3:Genesis. 1/10. Let me start by saying that I loved the first two films, proper horror films. This is just arse, a really shitty arse. If you liked the first couple and are thinking of watching this then don't, you won't learn anything from it other than remembering the disappointment of sitting down excitedly to watch Teen wolf too. Bad.

Merry christmas mr Lawrence. 9/10.

Wonderful. Oshima never pulls his punches. This lacks the bitter satire of the suns burial but exhibits much more heart. I went on to imdb after and ended up reading Ebert's review where he horribly misjudges the film as some kind of statement on rights and wrongs of the war. This is a film about the characters and their humanity, not the situation.