You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Haven't seen Stig around here for a while.

Make of it what you will.

Gerry McCann killed him too?

Allegedly.

What evidence is there that they did It? No arguing just curious. Apart from a questionable dog barking at the boot of a car.

It's better just to look for what's out there with an open mind, rather than ask someone on a forum where everyone has entrenched opinions and seldom change their mind about anything.

I used to think she'd been abducted, but having looked at it more with an open mind I am 100% convinced she's dead and the parents know where the body is. 

What evidence is there that they did It? No arguing just curious. Apart from a questionable dog barking at the boot of a car.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/48-questions-kate-mccann-refused-to-answer-madeleine-disappearance-portugal-a7710111.html

Just for a start. I haven't watched the video above, but I presume it contains the details about blood and cadaver being identified.

I am amazed that anyone can read the available evidence and think that she may still be alive, and that the McCann's were not at least complicit.

There's plenty of evidence in the Portuguese police files.  It's obvious that the UK government cut a deal with the Portuguese authorities for them to drop the case. 

If Kate McCannn was genuinely the mother of an abducted child she wouldn't have given a no comment interview.  A parent who was genuinely in distress and under the belief that their child had been abducted wouldn't give a no comment interview.   They would answer every question, in the hope that it would assist the authorities in finding the missing child.  The parent would be completely consumed by guilt and the pain of not knowing where their child is, to the exclusion of all other considerations.  

Instead, the McCanns concentrate on deflecting blame from themselves by talking about shutters being jemmied (part of their story they later changed).

It is obvious from the language they use that they have already processed Madeleine's death and have come to terms with it.  For example, they often refer to her in the past tense. 

• Upvote 1

It seems to me that the evidence against the McCanns for manslaughter/murder is pretty slim. Please do not cite cadaver dogs. They can smell something relating to death/decay. They cannot identify who it was or when. They would smell the same thing in the vast majority of homes because someone will have died in it. The DNA tests on the car etc did not produce results.

The parents are clearly terrible parents and the child had to pay for it by being abducted, abused and murdered by a predatory paedophile.

I know someone who worked at the practice of the wife in this case . They said she was rather nice. The husband however, nobody has anything nice to say about him

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/48-questions-kate-mccann-refused-to-answer-madeleine-disappearance-portugal-a7710111.html

Just for a start. I haven't watched the video above, but I presume it contains the details about blood and cadaver being identified.

I am amazed that anyone can read the available evidence and think that she may still be alive, and that the McCann's were not at least complicit.

The video calls on the McCanns to prove they're innocent, . I thought the general idea was find evidence to charge them with a crime, 

• Upvote 2

There's plenty of evidence in the Portuguese police files. It's obvious that the UK government cut a deal with the Portuguese authorities for them to drop the case.

If Kate McCannn was genuinely the mother of an abducted child she wouldn't have given a no comment interview. A parent who was genuinely in distress and under the belief that their child had been abducted wouldn't give a no comment interview. They would answer every question, in the hope that it would assist the authorities in finding the missing child. The parent would be completely consumed by guilt and the pain of not knowing where their child is, to the exclusion of all other considerations.

Instead, the McCanns concentrate on deflecting blame from themselves by talking about shutters being jemmied (part of their story they later changed).

It is obvious from the language they use that they have already processed Madeleine's death and have come to terms with it. For example, they often refer to her in the past tense.

Again not arguing but find it unlikely that the UK government would intervene in a foreign police investigation into the murder of a child.Why? What is there to gain politically compared to the fury and scandal if exposed. Plus doubt the foreign coppers would simply give it up on the say so of political interference. Someone would blow the whistle. It’s a cute little girl.

Using amateur psychological profiling to explain reluctance to answer questions and extrapolating this to imply guilt is dodgy at best. She was interviewed as a suspect. It is perfectly reasonable to not want to participate in that charade considering it is regarding the murder of your own kid of which you were innocent and the investigation is being carried out by a force in which you have no confidence and are looking for a scapegoat.

Again interpretation of body language and perceived obstructiveness and diversionary actions is the realm of the proffesional investigator not the amateur psychologist who has no first hand knowledge or experience of either the person, situation or context in which it occurred.

I admit my thoughts are that a tragedy occurred that night of which we do not no the full facts but to determine guilt from a dog and weird character actions of the parents goes a long way short of many of the conclusions people seem happy to jump to.

• Upvote 2