You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Part of the Palestinians' vulnerability is that they have no strategic depth and nowhere to go. A ground operation to stifle the missile fire is possible. But as was shown in Israel's last major incursion into Gaza in 2014, the human cost would be considerable. During the operation, 2,251 Palestinians, including 1,462 civilians, were killed, while on the Israeli side 67 soldiers and six civilians were killed.

Especially if Hamas are specifically trying to kill civilians and those killed by Israel were collateral deaths.

38 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Mate, it was advice. Take it. 

No. I'll continue to call people out for calling others racist or anti-semitic when they aren't. Put me on ignore. The same fella implied you were anti-semitic once. Congratulations on having thicker skin than me. 

My missus mate was due to fly home from Tel Aviv on the 20th but the flights been cancelled. She's sent a few whatsapp videos with the sound of air-raid sirens in the background. She's got two young daughters. Truly grim state of affairs. 

Hmmm

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1392622480888504328

World news
Last night
A video of rockets firing shared by a spokesperson for Israel’s prime minister is from 2018, fact-checkers say
Ofir Gendelman, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's spokesperson to the Arab media, shared a video from 2018 and said it shows rockets being launched from the Gaza Strip into Israel which, according to fact-checkers and journalists, is not an accurate claim. Multiple journalists shared a link to a YouTube video containing the same footage that Gendelman posted, but published on June 26, 2018. The title of the YouTube video reads: “Elephant rockets that are being fired at Daraa province by the Assad gangs.” Daraa is an area in Syria.

• Upvote 1

On 12/05/2021 at 10:28, Strontium Dog™ said:

Some may think it's relevant when a person who accuses others of stealing land is himself living on stolen land.

raw&f=1&nofb=1

On 12/05/2021 at 10:52, Strontium Dog™ said:

All I ask is for a little self-awareness. If you're desperate to hammer perceived injustices in modern times while remaining silent on injustices of the past from which you have personally benefitted, I'm probably going to draw you up for it.

giphy-downsized-large.gif&f=1&nofb=1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

A bit simplified, but I'd hope we wouldn't use what was acceptable in the 1920s as an excuse for things in the 2020s.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

True, but committing ground forces of their own to join in is probably problematic.

Given the climate in the US I think any reaction would not be supportive, certainly wouldn't see boots being thrown at it.

I think the US moved some fellas out of the area in the last few days.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Given the climate in the US I think any reaction would not be supportive, certainly wouldn't see boots being thrown at it.

I think the US moved some fellas out of the area in the last few days.

I was being sarcastic, the 'West' won't do a fucking thing.

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Why? 

Don't think there is an appetite to get mixed up on the ground anywhere right now. Biden has also welcomed a little push to the left which sees any conflict positioned a little differently. 

Just my opinion, could be wrong, Israel has got some deep roots re: military.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Don't think there is an appetite to get mixed up on the ground anywhere right now. Biden has also welcomed a little push to the left which sees any conflict positioned a little differently. 

Just my opinion, could be wrong, Israel has got some deep roots re: military.

We’ve seen this all before. If anything, it’ll result in more military aid for Israel. The West will condemn in public - or voice concern - and then support in private. To quote the foremost philosopher of our time, Connor McGregor, ‘they’ll do fucking nothing’.