You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

10 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The past 3 or 4 pages are nothing more than an effort to deflect from the fact that the right wing Israeli government are a bunch of horiffic, murderous shitehawks. 

Yes, and it's unsettling how some people want to deflect from that very obvious fact.  

A mate of mine went to Israel, he's a bit of a nomad traveller in the winter, and he was telling me how he was pulled off his bicycle by the Israeli police, given a hiding with the butt of a rifle and then had the barrell shoved in his gut.  His crime?  They thought he was Palestinian.  No apologies, "English, ok".  Then off they went.  

Fuck knows what they'd do if they found a Palestinian kid kicking a football around.  

18 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People can, and will, voice their opinion on anything, and there's certainly no shortage of them wanting to comment on topics they know next to nothing about. All I ask is for a little self-awareness. If you're desperate to hammer perceived injustices in modern times while remaining silent on injustices of the past from which you have personally benefitted, I'm probably going to draw you up for it.

You have hammered the Palestinians on this thread for years. 

I presume you realise that you have personally benefitted from your country committing, arguably the most "perceived" injustices, around the world in the past few hundred years. 

34 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I presume you realise that you have personally benefitted from your country committing, arguably the most "perceived" injustices, around the world in the past few hundred years. 

Stronts is from Liverpool isn't he?

31 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I have hammered terrorists on many threads for years; please don't conflate them with ordinary Palestinians, who are as much victims of Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc as anyone.

I don't know which of my countries you're referring to, Britain I presume. I'm doubtful that my Irish ancestors who fled Ireland in the wake of a famine, or my Jewish ancestors who fled Lithuania in the wake of Russian persecution, would agree that they personally benefitted from the British Empire. But I accept the general point.

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Are you sure about that? I mean, it wouldn’t be hard to name countries that have killed millions of people.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you sure about that? I mean, it wouldn’t be hard to name countries that have killed millions of people.  

In every other case people don’t call them “perceived” injustices. Although to be fair most decent people don’t defend genocide. 

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Almost like it was timed to take place during Ramadan.

Happens most years at this time. Racist as fuck. This years worse though. This will be a war. Well I say war, Israel will probably use the excuse to thunder cunt them as they’ve probably planned all along but play the victim game. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Probably, they were stockpiling rocks at Al Aqsa for some time ready to start it off.

Convenient, they must have known Israel were about to storm a mosque and start sending rockets in first. 

Let’s not talk about Israel’s military might though eh. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Convenient, they must have known Israel were about to storm a mosque and start sending rockets in first. 

Let’s not talk about Israel’s military might though eh. 

You know, you have a real issue identifying cause and effect.

More than happy to talk about Israel's military might, it's the only thing keeping millions of Jews alive.