You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Roy Keane once said "There`s no doubt in an era when The Premiership and Champions Cup have become the competitions to win, the FA Cup is nothing more than a consolation prize, an afterthought“

I agree!

We might end the season with just the league cup though....

Our lot played like this was March 2023, just like the error in the thread title that I asked to be fixed!

Bournemouth 2016 all over again.

Complacency pure and simple. As as collective but more so from our forwards. Lucho tried hard and was the best of the attack, but even he was guilty of making poor choices with those numerous counters where we had numbers. Darwin was out of steam before their first equaliser, and gifted them their second. Mo, goal aside, absolutely stunk the place out. Cody just never got going.

I add complacency with the coaching staff too, particularly the multiple substitution with the decision to remove Robbo, Dom and Mo. I know that you don't want to use up too many sub windows by changing one at a time, but that set of changes meant that we had to take some time to figure out what everyone's role is. What it did was check our momentum because defensively we'd looked fairly comfortable, and the midfield of Endo, Mac and Dom were looking quietly effective in getting the ball, moving it about and keeping things simple.

The lack of effectiveness plus too much complacency up front was our main problem, but now we compounded that by losing effectiveness further back too.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No way can you begrudge the united team or their fans celebrating that, of course you would you'd go wild.

I begrudge those cunts fucking everything.

Disgraceful performance, we blew it in the second half and the second half of ET. Sloppy, complacent and against those vile cunts.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, mike23 said:

In much of the first half and extra time they did, but they completely gave up in the second half and weren't even doing most of the basic things you'd expect a team to do - tracking runners, closing down shots etc. The story after the match should have been all about just what a complete embarrassment most of their players are. This all occurred because of complete complacency from us. Hopefully it spurs us on in the league and a game or 2 less may even be beneficial in the long run, but it's also hard not to worry what sort of impact a defeat like that will have on morale. 

That's harsh mate this squad have run their bollocks off in recent weeks. With injuries we have we have no right to br in the title mix now. They have had no Europe this year or milk cup. I'm as disappointed as the next guy (unless is drowningman) but it's just a bump in the road, there's a reason no-one has won 4 trophies 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Our lot played like this was March 2023, just like the error in the thread title that I asked to be fixed!

Complacency pure and simple. As as collective but more so from our forwards. Lucho tried hard and was the best of the attack, but even he was guilty of making poor choices with those numerous counters where we had numbers. Darwin was out of steam before their first equaliser, and gifted them their second. Mo, goal aside, absolutely stunk the place out. Cody just never got going.

I add complacency with the coaching staff too, particularly the multiple substitution with the decision to remove Robbo, Dom and Mo. I know that you don't want to use up too many sub windows by changing one at a time, but that set of changes meant that we had to take some time to figure out what everyone's role is. What it did was check our momentum because defensively we'd looked fairly comfortable, and the midfield of Endo, Mac and Dom were looking quietly effective in getting the ball, moving it about and keeping things simple.

The lack of effectiveness plus too much complacency up front was our main problem, but now we compounded that by losing effectiveness further back too.

Its the one mainstay of a klopp side. We are so good that we rock up in games thinking we will coast it. Happens too much.

I'm just fewmin it took us 2 hours to narrowly lose with our strongest team (at the moment) when I'd have been content for us to narrowly lose with the kids over 90 minutes.

The arrogance here before matches against United…You never learn, do you?

Dave U in his last match report:

«Onto Sunday now then and as long as we don’t throw in a stinker then I don’t see how we don’t win the game…

.. I expect a comfortable win to set the record straight after their spawny goalless draw at Anfield.»

• Downvote 1

Right now, I’d absolutely take a draw in the league game there, assuming we’ll be winning just about every other game. 

Even after a few years domination over them, we still struggle. Beat them 7-0 then draw to them and now lose. 

It works both ways in this fixture. When we were struggling to get fourth place st best and probably playing awful football for the neutral, we’d a string of Danny Murphy wins at Old Trafford that went against the head.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Why did we have any subs with international friendlies next week? Play them and get the games win then tell their countries they are injured. Other managers have done this and it seemed to be ok.

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

These are the games when you need intelligent forwards and sadly, ours have shown again that they haven’t got a brain cell between them. 

No these are the games when you have to be 100 percent focused.

Theres no easy games in this country if you dont put in the effort and focus.

Weve been great this season but weve thrown in some utter stinkers at times Arsenal and today being recently examples. As shit as they are you just cant fucking rock up and play like we did. Its a fucking derby, they hate our guts.

19 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Awful that, swanning round like it was a pre season friendly at 2-1, it was so comfortable. Quanseh is starting to believe his own hype, so sloppy at times, trying to be too clever in his own box. Gutted. Might mean the Derby gets played in Semi Final weekend now.

Bollocks

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its the one mainstay of a klopp side. We are so good that we rock up in games thinking we will coast it. Happens too much.

The game was dead. Completely in the bag. They had given up, their captain wanted to come off. That loss is one if the biggest self inflicted losses I can think off 

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Why did we have any subs with international friendlies next week? Play them and get the games win then tell their countries they are injured. Other managers have done this and it seemed to be ok.

Salah isn't even off on international duty.