You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

2 hours ago, dave u said:

That's interesting from Keys because as much as he's a fucking dickhead, he will have contacts that told him about Oliver and his antics.

Some might say that's down to his ego, but what if it's more sinister? What if it's him wanting to influence games and not wanting his colleagues getting in the way? It's incredible that a ref is kicking off about being sent to a monitor by colleagues who have the benefit of replays, angles and slo mo's that he doesn't have. It's suspicious as hell too.

The system they have put in place is the easiest way in which you could manipulate a game. It could be for betting syndicates, it could be for free trips to UAE, it could be you are a St George Cross hugging Tommy Robinson cunt who hates Liverpool. It's piss easy.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It wasn't 'Excessive Force' more 'Reckless.' Hence the yellow.

I understand that. More explaining where Code was coming from asking why. Pretty sure he knows the double jeopardy rule. I actually don't think it was a red but McGinn got sent off for similar, albeit a bit more late and obvious.

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I've not seen the Bein Sports interview and I generally avoid any interviews that cunt gives so I don't know, but from what Keys was saying there he was a rude, surly cunt in his post match. Nothing we haven't seen before from the guy who publicly claimed he was "better" than sports journalists. 

The guy is a cunt at one point on Sunday we got a throw and he kept hold of the ball shitcoat style I would have pushed the rat and remember the incident last season with our subs celebrating he should of been on his arse 

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Walker the prick saying the ref did well. He would wouldnt he, seeing as he had at least three bookings ignored.  Cunts. 

Absolute scumbag of a man. Up there woth Ryan Giggs for me in cuntness. 

8 hours ago, Pidge said:

The maddening thing for me is who does this situation look better to? Who does this blatant incompetence appeal to? Put the conflict of interest stuff to one side for a second, the culture must be so fucked up if "I wasn't contradicted" is more important than "we made the right call".

Sooner or later the Premier League must realise that their hugely lucrative "product" is being damaged by PGMOL.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sooner or later the Premier League must realise that their hugely lucrative "product" is being damaged by PGMOL.

People will still pay for it, though, and it provides another talking point as well as endless material for the soapification of the sport.

On 10/03/2024 at 20:58, Aventus said:

Draw

We have a better goal difference than man city so we still have the buffer where we can drop points and stay ahead of them

And obviously arsenal dropping points puts us back at the top where our destiny is in our own hands. 

The 20/21 season was weird as on resumption after the covid break in the summer we had the league wrapped up and were not in top form. However, if we count the 10 games prior to the break then in the final 10 games we won 9 and lost just 1.

Our form at the end of the season, for each of the last 5 seasons, has been exceptional. 

We have played 50 games, won 41, drawn 9 and lost none. 

If we repeat that form, we will get 26-27 points in our remaining games this season. That, and therefore a final tally of 90/91 points, will win the league, in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Walker the prick saying the ref did well. He would wouldnt he, seeing as he had at least three bookings ignored.  Cunts. 

He was also allowed to take as long as he liked for every fucking throw in.

33 minutes ago, Sut said:

People will still pay for it, though, and it provides another talking point as well as endless material for the soapification of the sport.

Bingo. Fox news and Rupert Murdoch realised that hate and argument sells. People will engage more if they're angry. Next came Talkshite and now Skysports is basically the same.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Gobshites just set the narrative with saying stuff like that for the rest of the season

On 10/03/2024 at 22:53, Barrington Womble said:

I would be surprised if arsenal don't finish 3-5 points behind 2nd. Their ends to the season in the last 2 years have been awful. They've been lucky with injuries so far and over the last few months, I think being out of both domestic cups has helped them. For me the only way I can see them finishing strong enough to challenge us and city is if they go out to Porto in the week and get a week to prepare for each game till the end of the season. And even then that could just as easily destroy their confidence. It's tight now for sure, but I think city will beat them in 3 weeks. 

As for the top 2, there's no doubt Abu Dhabi are favourites. But we know our team is capable of winning 10 from 10 in this type of situation - didn't we win something like 8 from 10 last year with that team? If we do 10/10, obviously it's ours. I think we'll need to win 9. I'm not sure we will manage that as I think we have too many away matches which are hard. 

Arsenal have been very lucky with injuries. The fact that they've played only 2 cup games (including the 1st leg CL game 3 weeks ago) since 12th December has helped. 

For comparison, we have played 7, including an extra time final.

There may be 2 extra FA cup games for us before the end of the league season, but we play Sparta in virtually a dead rubber on Thursday.

Let's see how they get on playing tough midweek games (presuming they progress tonight).

• Upvote 1

On 10/03/2024 at 22:58, Creator Supreme said:

Oh my god, has Given got Peps hand up his arse controlling him? Not a clear and obvious error.

Utter shite, he should be ashamed of himself!

Shay Given is an embarrassment when it comrs to takes on both Newcastle and Manchester City. Fucking waste of a question. He will just give the Saudi/Abu Dhabi response. 

Screenshot_20240312_183907_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240312_183749_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Leave him be, he's just sticking up for a treasured colleague.

4 hours ago, Razoray said:

Arsenal have been very lucky with injuries. The fact that they've played only 2 cup games (including the 1st leg CL game 3 weeks ago) since 12th December has helped. 

For comparison, we have played 7, including an extra time final.

There may be 2 extra FA cup games for us before the end of the league season, but we play Sparta in virtually a dead rubber on Thursday.

Let's see how they get on playing tough midweek games (presuming they progress tonight).

Typical of Arsenal’s luck, that when they do get taken into extra time, they don’t have to play again three days later. 
Penalties. Let’s see what bottle they have.

Keys also had this to say about how Guardiola had treated a Be-In reporter:

Richard Keys has accused Pep Guardiola of treating a reporter 'like a piece of s**t' following Man City's draw with Liverpool on Sunday. 

Guardiola's side walked away with a point after the thrilling clash at Anfield, where Alexis Mac Allister's penalty cancelled out John Stones' first-half strike. 

The City boss would've been disappointed to leave without a win and apparently, according to Keys, made that clear during one post-match interview.

In his blog, Keys claimed that Guardiola acted like a 'disgrace' towards beIN Sports reporter Andy Kerr following the clash at Anfield.  

Keys wrote: 'What is it with this guy? Guardiola was just plain rude to our reporter - the excellent Andy Kerr. If I’d been Kerr I’d have shut the interview down and walked away. And I told him as much afterwards.

‘Guardiola was a disgrace. He couldn’t be bothered. He offered nothing - just one-word answers and a daft smile. He looked at Kerr like he was a piece of s**t on his shoe. He did the same last week. In fact - he does the same most weeks.

'Guardiola only talks to journos because he’s contracted to do so. He let his feelings about us be known at a press conference last week.

‘But here’s the thing Senor Guardiola. We’re all trying to do a job - just like you. Nobody, whilst doing that job, deserves to be ridiculed by you. 

'Andy Kerr deserved better Sunday, not because you have a contractual obligation to speak to him - but because you have a moral obligation to treat him - and others - with manners and respect.'

Keys brought into reference Guardiola's outburst during a recent post-match press conference - where he took a cheeky jibe at journalists.

Speaking after City's victory over Brentford last month, Guardiola said: 'I am a manager. My life is better than yours. But nothing personal with you.' 

Elsewhere on the day, Guardiola reflected on Kevin De Bruyne's angry reaction to being substituted - to which he said he was 'happy' with the response.

De Bruyne was sacrificed to regain control as Liverpool swarmed the City penalty area in the second half, and looked furious as he took his seat on the bench.  

'I'm happy to see that!' said Guardiola. 'I like it if he's upset, it's good. He's happy now. I knew what we were missing, we missed keeping the ball. 

'After (he went off) we did it better. But, listen, Kevin… what can I say for Kevin… we need him and he is important.'

13 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

I understand that. More explaining where Code was coming from asking why. Pretty sure he knows the double jeopardy rule. I actually don't think it was a red but McGinn got sent off for similar, albeit a bit more late and obvious.

McGinn's was a shocking attempt and he didn't even go for the ball. Ederson fucked up a clearance when actually trying to play the ball.

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Keys also had this to say about how Guardiola had treated a Be-In reporter:

Richard Keys has accused Pep Guardiola of treating a reporter 'like a piece of s**t' following Man City's draw with Liverpool on Sunday. 

Guardiola's side walked away with a point after the thrilling clash at Anfield, where Alexis Mac Allister's penalty cancelled out John Stones' first-half strike. 

The City boss would've been disappointed to leave without a win and apparently, according to Keys, made that clear during one post-match interview.

In his blog, Keys claimed that Guardiola acted like a 'disgrace' towards beIN Sports reporter Andy Kerr following the clash at Anfield.  

Keys wrote: 'What is it with this guy? Guardiola was just plain rude to our reporter - the excellent Andy Kerr. If I’d been Kerr I’d have shut the interview down and walked away. And I told him as much afterwards.

‘Guardiola was a disgrace. He couldn’t be bothered. He offered nothing - just one-word answers and a daft smile. He looked at Kerr like he was a piece of s**t on his shoe. He did the same last week. In fact - he does the same most weeks.

'Guardiola only talks to journos because he’s contracted to do so. He let his feelings about us be known at a press conference last week.

‘But here’s the thing Senor Guardiola. We’re all trying to do a job - just like you. Nobody, whilst doing that job, deserves to be ridiculed by you. 

'Andy Kerr deserved better Sunday, not because you have a contractual obligation to speak to him - but because you have a moral obligation to treat him - and others - with manners and respect.'

Keys brought into reference Guardiola's outburst during a recent post-match press conference - where he took a cheeky jibe at journalists.

Speaking after City's victory over Brentford last month, Guardiola said: 'I am a manager. My life is better than yours. But nothing personal with you.' 

Elsewhere on the day, Guardiola reflected on Kevin De Bruyne's angry reaction to being substituted - to which he said he was 'happy' with the response.

De Bruyne was sacrificed to regain control as Liverpool swarmed the City penalty area in the second half, and looked furious as he took his seat on the bench.  

'I'm happy to see that!' said Guardiola. 'I like it if he's upset, it's good. He's happy now. I knew what we were missing, we missed keeping the ball. 

'After (he went off) we did it better. But, listen, Kevin… what can I say for Kevin… we need him and he is important.'

Great man management skills