You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

20 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

A draw would be the best result but failing that, I would rather Arsenal beat City. Arsenal have more chances of dropping points than City IMO. We can also catch them up on GD. 

Aye possibly. I was just thinking that technically we would be still a point ahead of City even if they win. Arsenal seem to have something poxy about them this season.

24 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Aye possibly. I was just thinking that technically we would be still a point ahead of City even if they win. Arsenal seem to have something poxy about them this season.

Agree. I fucking hate Arsenal but cannot understand why so many here are seemingly laughing at them. They ARE in the race and a serious contender. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

This is the same Arsenal who have spectacularly bottled 3 seasons running with aways at City, Brighton, Tottenham, Wolves and United. There’s absolutely no fucking chance they win out.

The difference is they've got more steel to them this season. Rice imo has made a huge difference they don't seem to fold like previously they are bang in this title race. 

• Upvote 1

The Arsenal talk is a bit laughable, calling them bottlers and stuff. They fucked it up last season but that in no way is an indication they will fuck it up this season. They are a very hungry team. It's as if people forget we hadn't won it in 30 years before we won it. If that was an indication of anything, the drought would have continued until the sun explodes.

The thing with them is really that the goal scoring has been pretty variable, whereas I think us and City are just more consistently dangerous in that department. They couldn't buy a goal around Christmas and now they're scoring for fun. That may even out. Defensively though, they have no issues.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Arsenal talk is a bit laughable, calling them bottlers and stuff. They fucked it up last season but that in no way is an indication they will fuck it up this season. They are a very hungry team. It's as if people forget we hadn't won it in 30 years before we won it. If that was an indication of anything, the drought would have continued until the sun explodes.

The thing with them is really that the goal scoring has been pretty variable, whereas I think us and City are just more consistently dangerous in that department. They couldn't buy a goal around Christmas and now they're scoring for fun. That may even out. Defensively though, they have no issues.

In terms of our drought, we got to European finals under Klopp before finally winning the league, and being unbelievably unlucky not to win it the year before. 

Arsenal have yet to demonstrate that they can deal with the white line fever that creeps in around this time of year. Ourselves and City don’t need to prove anything in this regard. Arsenal will go closer than last year, but time will tell if they’ll be in the reckoning even with a couple of games to go.

I’m speaking to the universe a lot at the moment trying to manifest the City v Arsenal European Cup draw that we all deserve.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

The difference is they've got more steel to them this season. Rice imo has made a huge difference they don't seem to fold like previously they are bang in this title race. 

They had more points this time last season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Turkish Delight said:

They had more points this time last season.

I'd be very confident they'll finish the season with more points this season than last - even if City beat them at the end of March they wont fall off a cliff like they did last year imo.

There's a long way to go, there are so many games including cup games.

Impossible to predict.

It is pretty exciting, for a change. I had no hopes of us winning the league so this is a bonus, plus I think we'll win another cup.

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I'd be very confident they'll finish the season with more points this season than last - even if City beat them at the end of March they wont fall off a cliff like they did last year imo.

You may end up being right.

They're playing really well but I think their ability to deliver under pressure is still a big question on them and their run around Christmas where they blew up a bit makes me think when it really counts they may feel the pressure. We'll find out I suppose!

Just now, Strontium said:

As things stand, City aren't dropping another point this season.

So what? Neither will we.  So, as things stand, we’re champions already. Easy this prediction lark.  

• Upvote 3

The Spurs matches could end up being very important.

We have them at Home - both City & Arsenal have to go there. 

Spurs in recent years have gotten results against City & they'll certainly want to fuck Arsenals season up if they can.

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

The Spurs matches could end up being very important.

We have them at Home - both City & Arsenal have to go there. 

Spurs in recent years have gotten results against City & they'll certainly want to fuck Arsenals season up if they can.

Their away games at Spurs should be really tough. 

31 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

In terms of our drought, we got to European finals under Klopp before finally winning the league, and being unbelievably unlucky not to win it the year before. 

Arsenal have yet to demonstrate that they can deal with the white line fever that creeps in around this time of year. Ourselves and City don’t need to prove anything in this regard. Arsenal will go closer than last year, but time will tell if they’ll be in the reckoning even with a couple of games to go.

I’m speaking to the universe a lot at the moment trying to manifest the City v Arsenal European Cup draw that we all deserve.

Literally every single team that wins something had to do it for the first time at some point. You did not use that word yourself, but "bottlers" has basically lost all meaning.

People and bookies will back us and City over them for the exact reason that we've done it before, but that doesn't mean there aren't basically 3 top teams here and that therefore anything can happen. This isn't like ten Hag's Man United being in the race.

• Upvote 2

Opta has City as 45.9%, us at 35.3% and Arsenal at 18.8% in terms of likelihood to win title.

Interestingly, that takes account of City falling by 5.5% and us falling by 0.3% after yesterday's game, Arsenal gaining that 5.8%. 

Obviously I'm biased, but I think players returning from injury and the other two hopefully being deep in the Champions League are huge factors in our favour. 

Dreading the Old Trafford league game, but the three home fixtures either side of it - Brighton, Sheffield United and Palace - should be straightforward with the form we're showing. 

55 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This isn't like ten Hag's Man United being in the race.

Speaking of whom, I'm still not looking forward to their cup final against us in the league. 

I'll be a lot more relaxed watching the FA Cup game this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Opta has City as 45.9%, us at 35.3% and Arsenal at 18.8% in terms of likelihood to win title.

Interestingly, that takes account of City falling by 5.5% and us falling by 0.3% after yesterday's game, Arsenal gaining that 5.8%. 

Obviously I'm biased, but I think players returning from injury and the other two hopefully being deep in the Champions League are huge factors in our favour. 

Dreading the Old Trafford league game, but the three home fixtures either side of it - Brighton, Sheffield United and Palace - should be straightforward with the form we're showing. 

Palace game is after we play United. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

So what? Neither will we.  So, as things stand, we’re champions already. Easy this prediction lark.  

As things stand, we're second. Not sure you've quite got the hand of predicting here.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

As things stand, we're second. Not sure you've quite got the hand of predicting here.

As I’m sure you realise, my post was tongue in cheek taking the piss out of your nonsense. 

Just now, aws said:

As I’m sure you realise, my post was tongue in cheek taking the piss out of your nonsense. 

I don't think City will drop another point this season. Seems premature to call it nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Palace game is after we play United. 

Yep, I posted that, though my phrasing could have been better. I knew what I meant!

Shockingly, that Palace game is Jurgen's third last league game at Anfield. 

• Upvote 1