You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 17th Dec 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

It would appear that way, yes.

There is an enormous disconnect between our performances and our points total. 

I think we're a bit fraudulent for a lack of a better term but we're mostly doing what we always did. If people care to look at our expected totals in the title winning season, which they understandably don't, we were nowhere near as good as the points total said we were that season. I mean nowhere near, and to a massive extent.

We've always massively relied on individuals in terms of defending, notably Alisson and van Dijk. We're always going to look worse and more wobbly than say, an Arsenal, who are just much more organized in their shape than we are and they take less risks.

I think there is an over reaction to Sunday.

Can’t lie, it wasn’t particularly good and it was really disappointing not to win.

Win on Saturday and we’re top at the half way stage, of which I don’t think any of us, even a glass half full poster like myself, thought we’d be there. 

Winning 7-0 and being 16 points clear in mid-January are freak occurrences. Just keep grinding away. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I disagree,but that's your opinion. I will say though that its amazing how bad we are and sit second in the table with only Alisson and Van Dijk as having good games. Am I watching a different team?

Clearly. We’re shite and should disband. 

Given the amount of mewling quims about, I hope there are several very large helpings of humble pie dishes out around 8pm on Saturday evening. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Clearly. We’re shite and should disband. 

Given the amount of mewling quims about, I hope there are several very large helpings of humble pie dishes out around 8pm on Saturday evening. 

I don't actually see much hysterical fannyitis on here, more reasoned & concerned posts about how poorly we are playing generally.

If we play like we have been the last month vs Arsenal, we'll be getting fuck all from the game unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I rarely post but did so after the Fulham game the other week and said I look at that squad and think it’s just far too early in its development to win a title. I’d love to be wrong and they really turn it on second half of the season, but in my opinion there are still too many players who are not ready to provide the consistency needed to win the league. I look at them players there and think how many of them would you rely on to win 5 or 6 of your last 7/8 games when the pressure is really on to win a title if it went toe to toe. It would only be some of the few remaining who’ve won the big trophies for us in the past.  And for me that’s absolutely fine because that’s part of developing as a squad. 

I actually think the league cup could be a really important one this year to help develop this squad and get them winning a trophy early, particularly given who’s left in it. I’d take it much more seriously than other people are suggesting to do. 

However I also have nagging questions about whether it’s the players not being ready or whether they are just actually not good enough. And only time will tell on that score I don’t think anyone can give a definitive answer until klopp has had time to develop them as a squad. What I do know is there is no better manager to try and get every last drop ability out of them. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think there is an over reaction to Sunday.

Can’t lie, it wasn’t particularly good and it was really disappointing not to win.

Win on Saturday and we’re top at the half way stage, of which I don’t think any of us, even a glass half full poster like myself, thought we’d be there. 

Winning 7-0 and being 16 points clear in mid-January are freak occurrences. Just keep grinding away. 

The trouble is city have changed everything to a point where the idea of drawing at home to anyone but them is failure and the whole season is over. We all know united are shite and there's absolutely no doubt it's 2 points dropped. And not because they had some heroic performance, but quite the opposite, they were fucking shite and we failed to punish them for it. It's natural for people to feel down in that situation..in fact it would be pretty fucking weird if they didn't. With city dropping points again just the day before, people were starting to dream. It's what football is about. If people were happy after Sunday, it's time to give the whole thing up. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The trouble is city have changed everything to a point where the idea of drawing at home to anyone but them is failure and the whole season is over. We all know united are shite and there's absolutely no doubt it's 2 points dropped. And not because they had some heroic performance, but quite the opposite, they were fucking shite and we failed to punish them for it. It's natural for people to feel down in that situation..in fact it would be pretty fucking weird if they didn't. With city dropping points again just the day before, people were starting to dream. It's what football is about. If people were happy after Sunday, it's time to give the whole thing up. 

There is a big difference between being disappointed at Sunday’s result, which we all were, looking at the last few pages Nunez is shite, Klopp has bought badly, Salah can’t score, we should sell Salah, Nunez & Diaz, VVD is on the way out, a slump is coming, Diaz has been shite for months & homophobic comments about Szoboszlai. 

There is large difference between being disappointed at a result (despite the overall positive position we are in) and some of the above hyperbole nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There is a big difference between being disappointed at Sunday’s result, which we all were, looking at the last few pages Nunez is shite, Klopp has bought badly, Salah can’t score, we should sell Salah, Nunez & Diaz, VVD is on the way out, a slump is coming, Diaz has been shite for months & homophobic comments about Szoboszlai. 

There is large difference between being disappointed at a result (despite the overall positive position we are in) and some of the above hyperbole nonsense. 

100% agree. Hyperbole nonsense is a good description. Too many nomarks behind a keyboard trying to catch attention, probably inspired by the so called experts on TV and other media. They do exactly the same, only with less extreme words.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

It's just people venting. If we win and Nunez scores, he's still shite to some, because he didn't score 3. People are going to vent after a game like that. most people on here are seeing it as what it is. A disappointing 2 points dropped when there was a hint a title challenge is there. There's no point looking at what we'd be happy with in August, because it's not august and everyone has lived the emotion of 25 matches or whatever we've played so far this season.

Of course everyone would have taken how the league looks now over their expectations at the start of the season, but you can't just base reactions on that, because that's no longer the reality. 

I'm still fucking fuming about it and will probably not get over it till we.put it right on the pitch on Saturday, which I'm sure we will. They all worked hard, they gave all you can ask. They just all played a bit shit. And people are disappointed. You should be. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's just people venting. If we win and Nunez scores, he's still shite to some, because he didn't score 3. People are going to vent after a game like that. most people on here are seeing it as what it is. A disappointing 2 points dropped when there was a hint a title challenge is there. There's no point looking at what we'd be happy with in August, because it's not august and everyone has lived the emotion of 25 matches or whatever we've played so far this season.

Of course everyone would have taken how the league looks now over their expectations at the start of the season, but you can't just base reactions on that, because that's no longer the reality. 

I'm still fucking fuming about it and will probably not get over it till we.put it right on the pitch on Saturday, which I'm sure we will. They all worked hard, they gave all you can ask. They just all played a bit shit. And people are disappointed. You should be. 

Venting is Sunday evening.

Continuing Monday and Tuesday is signs of mental illness.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Infinity better than certain posters turning this place into an asylum every time something doesn’t go our way. 

I think what's good about this place is we have lots of different/conflicting opinions about things.

Regardless of that, I think we all agree it was a shite result and an equally bad performance on Sunday, in what was a huge game. I think you have to accept that some people are going to vent about it for longer than five or six hours like yourself & that doesn't really constitute mentally illness.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think what's good about this place is we have lots of different/conflicting opinions about things.

Regardless of that, I think we all agree it was a shite result and an equally bad performance on Sunday, in what was a huge game. I think you have to accept that some people are going to vent about it for longer than five or six hours like yourself & that doesn't really constitute mentally illness.

I'll take a 'shite' result and performance against our biggest historical rivals after some of the stuff we had served up since we had previously won the league.

I think the more low-key members of the forum like myself are happy to see the views of some of the more volatile posters, but sometimes it gets so over the top your eyebrows end up somewhere on top of your head.

I can obviously see that our recent form is a bit worrying and injuries are starting to bite, but can't equate our home record of 11-1-0 with 35 goals scored with how shite and toothless we apparently are, and how many players need to be got shot of.

• Upvote 3