You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was with one of my Fulham buddies last night. He said they're trying to get him on loan till the end of the sesson, but aren't hopeful . 

I was about to come and say it wouldn’t surprise me if he went back to Fulham. 

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Could have been Mount as well, I suppose. 

Maybe... I can't remember if he was specific about DMs. But either way when you look at some players we've been linked to, there's certainly a number who've barely played (mount, Lavia, kone) or if they have, not been great. I'd be surprised though if klopp was referring to the form of a player elsewhere, which feels a bit disrespectful - it feels more likely to me he's talking about players who've not been able to get on the pitch very much, which would have been disastrous had we bought 4 midfielders and 3 of them never got on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe... I can't remember if he was specific about DMs. But either way when you look at some players we've been linked to, there's certainly a number who've barely played (mount, Lavia, kone) or if they have, not been great. I'd be surprised though if klopp was referring to the form of a player elsewhere, which feels a bit disrespectful - it feels more likely to me he's talking about players who've not been able to get on the pitch very much, which would have been disastrous had we bought 4 midfielders and 3 of them never got on the pitch.

Re-watching the video, he says “Some strange things happened, certain defensive midfielders didn’t want to sign for us”. Given the press stories around it, to me, it’s pretty obvious he’s referring to Caicedo.

However, the next comment of “and thank god it worked out that way” has been taken out of context. I take that as more  he’s really happy with what he’s got and how it’s going with those players, rather than taking shots at players who didn’t sign for us. 

We’ve all known that hat Klopp is like for nearly 10 years now. He’s always super positive about what he’s got and doesn’t often moan about what he doesn’t have. Taking shots at players or clubs has never been his style. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Re-watching the video, he says “Some strange things happened, certain defensive midfielders didn’t want to sign for us”. Given the press stories around it, to me, it’s pretty obvious he’s referring to Caicedo.

However, the next comment of “and thank god it worked out that way” has been taken out of context. I take that as more  he’s really happy with what he’s got and how it’s going with those players, rather than taking shots at players who didn’t sign for us. 

We’ve all known that hat Klopp is like for nearly 10 years now. He’s always super positive about what he’s got and doesn’t often moan about what he doesn’t have. Taking shots at players or clubs has never been his style. 

Maybe caicedo but to be honest I think it's more strange we didn't get Lavia. We also bid for him several times and then even after getting caicedo, Chelsea gazumped us for a position they'd just filled for 120m. I'm sure we felt we had a free run at him. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe caicedo but to be honest I think it's more strange we didn't get Lavia. We also bid for him several times and then even after getting caicedo, Chelsea gazumped us for a position they'd just filled for 120m. I'm sure we felt we had a free run at him. 

We had a fee agreed for Caicedo. We never had a fee agreed for Lavia. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Well we won an auction Brighton then never actually let us win as they knew he was never coming to us. 

I’m not doing this. It’ll just go round in circles. 

I’ll stick with Klopp, Brightons chairman, Caicdeos agent and Caicedo’s comments.

You stick with your opinion. 

Laters. 

On 13/12/2023 at 13:53, Barrington Womble said:

I think he has more problems with being a bit shit at football rather than any words he might have said though. 

I don't think he lacks ability. Hes probably better technically than Harvey but I remember him getting knocked off the ball very easily, rolling around and crying if he got a bit of a kick.

I wonder whether Klopp has reservations about his lack of toughness as you need that these days especially with the game being much more physical.