You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, Anubis said:

While I'm not necessarily opposed to him going in January, they can fuck off if they start with asking if he can go on a free because he's out of contract in the  summer.

Personally I'd sanction a free transfer just to get his wages off the books and free up another non home grown spot.

Realistically we'd only get a maximum of 3 to 4 million for him anyway.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Personally I'd sanction a free transfer just to get his wages off the books and free up another non home grown spot.

Realistically we'd only get a maximum of 3 to 4 million for him anyway.

We should pay Barcelona his first weeks wages just to get rid.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Anubis said:

While I'm not necessarily opposed to him going in January, they can fuck off if they start with asking if he can go on a free because he's out of contract in the  summer.

why? free is about right for a player who never plays. i will be glad we will get the 5m back we'll pay him between january and june. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Being linked with a 17 year old right back from Ireland. Plays for St Patrick and up for young player of the year. Scored 3 and 3 assists in 36 games

Wasn't there supposed to be scouts from all the top prem teams watching him in the fai Cup final the other week 

I can't remember the lads name, but he's been bigged up massively 

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Wasn't there supposed to be scouts from all the top prem teams watching him in the fai Cup final the other week 

I can't remember the lads name, but he's been bigged up massively 

Forgot to put his name in, its Sam Curtis and yeah big teams are interested

On 22/11/2023 at 10:03, Megadrive Man said:

Some speculation that Barcelona will try and sign Thiago in January to cover for Gavi.

I’d let him go. 

A clip of goals from a recent season popped up on my Facebook the other day and Thiago was involved in some of them. Our best passer in the midfield. Super creative too. A Rolls Royce of a player, on his day. But, one who struggles to pass their MOT. No point in keeping him if he’s frequently unavailable. He’s at Keita levels now. 

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Forgot to put his name in, its Sam Curtis and yeah big teams are interested

Just watched a YouTube clip of him. We’ve been fooled by these compilations before. Plus, it’s the Irish league. But, he looks very impressive. 

Looks powerful and very physical for a 17 year old. Assertive, front foot defending. Presses. Good on the ball. Can whip a good cross in too. 

The amount of times he was fouled was the stand out though. It was usually because he was just breezing past or through his opponents who only seemed to be able to stop him by bringing him down. 

Get him in and, in the long term, move TAA into midfield permanently. 

5 hours ago, Red74 said:

How’s that Georgian winger at Napoli been getting on this season? 

If its to replace Salah he plays on the wrong side. If it's to replace Diaz the last thing we need is another winger who doesn't have pace. If Diaz leaves we need pace and direct running. If we are going to pay big for a LW Rafael Leao would be far better imo

We've got to get a proper number 6 I don't care if people are saying what's a number 6 these days anyway. We need the physical presence in front of  defence a proper player. Arsenal were right to go for Rice and pay that high fee. They've the foundations now to be title winners with Saliba too or at least be challenging for years to come. No idea who could fit that role but someone solid there, gravenberch and Szobozlai as the 8s. Jones and Mac Allister as rotation.

I thought Mac was okay yesterday and has been but he's not that player no chance. Endo... no thanks cup player at most and emergency break glass.

If Trent makes move fully to midfield something has to give and I think Szobozlai and Gravenberch will be far better midfielders than Trent could ever be, so who loses?

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If its to replace Salah he plays on the wrong side. If it's to replace Diaz the last thing we need is another winger who doesn't have pace. If Diaz leaves we need pace and direct running. If we are going to pay big for a LW Rafael Leao would be far better imo

Off the ball Leao does the least work of any player I’ve seen at the top level since Messi left Europe.

I wonder if we’ll try Gakpo on the left wing this season. He never really played in the middle of a front three before he joined us. He was always left wing or left of a front two. 

Just now, joe_fishfish said:

Off the ball Leao does the least work of any player I’ve seen at the top level since Messi left Europe.

I wonder if we’ll try Gakpo on the left wing this season. He never really played in the middle of a front three before he joined us. He was always left wing or left of a front two. 

Yeah I agree with that from Leao but if that's Milan being OK with that and telling him just to stay up there I dint know. 

21 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Shame Bajectic hasn't been able to get fit yet and try and claim that spot. 

I'm  not on the Bajcetic train, he's very young and having injury issues. He should be thought of as though he never had the opportunity and see if he can earn his way back, there's no way I'd be holding the space open in the hope he fills it, if he's good enough and remains fit enough it's a spot he's going to have to earn to get and keep.

• Upvote 2