You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

I thought Divock was tied until summer 2023 so not sure why he would be a free this season.

Not sure if someone has mentioned this Roger. I gather his contract does end this summer and he can go on a free but Liverpool have the ability to trigger a year's extension if he plays so many PL games in the current season.

No one bu the parties know what the number if and with 9(?) games left, he might not be able to reach the trigger number. Plus it seems Div might have decided he wants to leave now no matter what?

• Upvote 1

On 23/03/2022 at 08:30, Em City said:

Fabian Ruiz at Napoli is another player well worth a look. Can play as an 8 or a 6, really good passer and unbelievable at shooting from outside the box. He was excellent against us in the two group games we had against them a couple of years ago.

He's a player I really like as well! He's slow as fuck though, and would add to our already existing midfield worries in that respect.

I might have championed him on here before, but I won't be surprised if we bring in Sander Berge from Sheffield Utd. He's way too good to be playing in the Championship, and seems like Sheffield need the money. 40 million has been mentioned as a possible price tag due to him only having one year left on his deal. He's been pretty unlucky with injuries the last couple of years. He's pretty skilful and has a really good stride with and without the ball. Would add some athleticism and height (1.95) to our side. I think he'd be a perfect understudy for Henderson for a short while.

I'm normally loathe to suggest Norwegian players playing for Liverpool, but Berge is probably the one player that could change my mind. Disclaimer; I might have said the same about Ødegaard at some point...

One of our former players rates him, too. Agent Brewster?

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/sander-berge-is-a-rolls-royce-footballer-says-rhian-brewster/

2 hours ago, Boss said:

In other news, Barca have tabled their first offer for Raphinha. Maybe we've looked at him and Antony and decided to go for the latter. 

Antony is a bit of a twat by all accounts. Also looks too much like Richarlison for my liking

Even Tadic wanted to twat him

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Antony would be a way better shout than Gakpo 

Agreed, as for a start, if Salah goes, we need a left footer for balance.

And also, Antony is just a better player. Already plays for Brazil and played well in the Champions League.

51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Antony is a bit of a twat by all accounts. Also looks too much like Richarlison for my liking

He got sent off at the weekend for 2 yellow cards in extra time after scoring the winner against Feyenoord. 

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He got sent off at the weekend for 2 yellow cards in extra time after scoring the winner against Feyenoord. 

Yeah i posted the video

Acted like a fucking idiot(in fact if you put him in blue you'd think it was Richarlison

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah nah… don’t want him anywhere near our club. Football culture the club and the league can do without. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Is there shot location data that is public? I feel like if you just looked at versatile forwards in their early to mid 20's who take the vast majority of their shots and score their goals in the penalty area, you could predict who we're really looking at.

https://ajaxanalysis.com/analysis/antony-2021-22-ajax-stats

3-3.png

and from earlier in the season (November time)

shotmap-off.jpg