You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Compared to last season we will have lost shitloads of revenue from getting knocked out the Champions League early and losing the home games to covid. We'll lose loads more next season because the stadium won't be fully open until there's a vaccine, most likely. That could be years away still.

The only clubs investing at the moment are clubs that have owners that are prepared to stomach huge losses if it all goes tits up. Ours aren't.

This is pretty much it.

They are being conservative because they don’t know when revenues will be back to normal.

They could sanction spending and then if things are still shit in a years time have a shortfall.

It’s like if you were on furlough at 80% pay, but with a decent amount of savings in the bank, would you choose to buy a new car?

Cars are cheaper than they were last year, especially from some dealers, but you’re not sure when you’re going to be back on full pay again. You could take the opportunity to get something now on a good deal, or you could wait until your job is back to normal again.

• Upvote 4

To be honest I'm surprised we haven't moved a few guys on by now. I guess many of the teams we are looking to sell to have their own financing issues. But we clearly have several sellable assets with no future at the club. They need moving on.

We're heavily linked with Sarr. Let's see what happens.

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

This is pretty much it.

They are being conservative because they don’t know when revenues will be back to normal.

They could sanction spending and then if things are still shit in a years time have a shortfall.

It’s like if you were on furlough at 80% pay, but with a decent amount of savings in the bank, would you choose to buy a new car?

Cars are cheaper than they were last year, especially from some dealers, but you’re not sure when you’re going to be back on full pay again. You could take the opportunity to get something now on a good deal, or you could wait until your job is back to normal again.

What massive revenue? We earned 71m for getting to that stage. We only earned 30million more winning it last term and every game after that, including in the same round, had no crowds anyway?

Doesn't make sense.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

He'll get 20 easy.

They got 23 golas from the CF position last year so that doesn't really improve them. Abraham had 15 - if he does get 20 they have paid handsomely for a handful more.

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Yes I think he will , think he will have a debut season like Salah had for us.

He is a good player but I don't think he is good enough to match one of the great goal scoring seasons in recent history in this league. 

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They got 23 golas from the CF position last year so that doesn't really improve them. Abraham had 15 - if he does get 20 they have paid handsomely for a handful more.

He is a good player but I don't think he is good enough to match one of the great goal scoring seasons in recent history in this league. 

It isn't just how many is it...it is when you get them as well.

I'll bet he will score more important goals in big games for them and that will improve them.

He is top drawer - 78 in 120 league games and 95 in 159 in all comps for Leipzig in Germany...i think he could be devestating for Chelsea and he's a great age as well.

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The Google is amazing - for anyone doubting Firmino - by far the highest % of matchwinning golas in the league:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/gamewinners/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2019

Look at the fluff Sterling served up

Any idea what they’re deeming match winners? A Gabriel Jesus tap in for a 5-0 rout isn’t quite the same as a stalemate breaking 89th minute winner.

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

Any idea what they’re deeming match winners? A Gabriel Jesus tap in for a 5-0 rout isn’t quite the same as a stalemate breaking 89th minute winner.

No clue mate - but it would be the same criteria for all those players.

My guess is in a 5-0 it would be the fella that scored the first goal.

9 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

They say "This overview lists the players that decided a game to their advantage with a winning goal. The statistic shows "gamewinners" as well as current league goals tally." 

I think normally this is the goal that won the match, so the 1st goal in a 5-0, the last goal in a 2-1. 

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What massive revenue? We earned 71m for getting to that stage. We only earned 30million more winning it last term and every game after that, including in the same round, had no crowds anyway?

Doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense about it? Compare our CL revenue for 18/19 to 19/20, the most recent season will have brought in a lot less.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Billy Koumetio has really impressed Jurgen Klopp in pre-season. The senior pros have been raving about how good he is. He has certainly enhanced his reputation. #lfclive [@JamesPearceLFC] https://t.co/tSakkCxSMz

That's our new centre back sorted then.

We were never going to be in for a new centre back I don't reckon and I think we saw yesterday he's behind fabinho. 

37 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

What doesn't make sense about it? Compare our CL revenue for 18/19 to 19/20, the most recent season will have brought in a lot less.

mate, if we are relying on getting to fucking finals and winning trophies every year we are not gonna last long are we? Every Club will budget per season but no one can outright guarantee they will pick up a trophy.

As many others have said, what would have happened if we hadn't of picked up that prize winning revenue if we are so destitute now? No one can answer that question. 

Anyway fuck it going around in circles. Never known a fanbase to defend a bunch of billionaires. This fanbase has truly lost its fundamental principles. Unreal.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Billy Koumetio has really impressed Jurgen Klopp in pre-season. The senior pros have been raving about how good he is. He has certainly enhanced his reputation. #lfclive [@JamesPearceLFC] https://t.co/tSakkCxSMz

just like Neco. Just like Woodburn. Just like Brewster.

9 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

On our finances, I really don't see an assessment which puts FSG in a good light to be honest.

We are either

1. scraping the bottom of the barrel broke after winning everything in sight, record TV deals, a record nike deal and big wages off the books (incl Sturridge who left last summer and was replaced by nobody)...OR
  2. not actually broke, but just pretending to be because our owners don't actually want to spend any substantial money on the playing squad

If #1 is true (which some on here will have you believe), then we must be following some fucking awful fiscal practices. It's not like we won everything in sight after spending lots of money, quite the opposite in fact, so you'd think that the last 3 years of unbridled success and footballing health would have given us some genuine economic buffer in the event of things going to shit. What we're being told, rather, is that we have literally no buffer. Is that good ownership?

If #2 is true (which some on here also believe), then FSG are tight cunts who are treating LFC as an asset as opposed to a football team. With no imminent fear of us dropping like a stone (it would need a preposterous collapse to have us drop out the top four in the next few years), FSG know the value of the asset will hold (or grow, depending on TV rights) and thus there is no pressure on them to take the on the risk of further investment. 

This is what many on here (and LFC fans in general) are struggling with. If our manager has - against all odds - won us the biggest honors over the past three years without serious investment, then how the fuck have our owners conspired to be in a position where we have no fucking money?

I remember the shit fans gave the owners after we didn't capitalize on 2005. If we aren't being fed a yarn right now then fucking hell, that was nothing compared to this.

That's a flagrant violation of the party code of conduct, subject to a ban no less than six months my friend. 

34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't have an issue with this. It would be a waste of money to sign a new centre back when we have 3 good players in that position and the likes of Fabinho and Henderson who could fill in if needed. 

We could go out and do a Klaven type deal, but can't really see the point?