You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

47 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

What’s up with Rossiter these days ? 

Looks like he's just signed permanently with Fleetwood after a loan. Still just a one-year deal, which probably reflects how risky his ability to stay fit is viewed.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Bad news, Klopp has ruled a move to Liverpool for Lionel Messi. 

Fait play to Klopp to leave the other team a chance to compete with the mighty Reds.

To be serious a minute, the one who has a lot to loose is KDB. He will experience what Coutinho and Griezmann did. No ball anymore !

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Whisper it, but I don't think Messi makes City any better. 

I’m pretty sure he will find it hard to live in England, especially with the family issues . Night at 3.30 pm in winter , cold and rainy, at his age. 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Whisper it, but I don't think Messi makes City any better. 

Even Wayne Rooney says Liverpool would be made better by Thiago than Man City by Messi.

Just now, Arnaud said:

I’m pretty sure he will find it hard to live in England, especially with the family issues . Night at 3.30 pm in winter , cold and rainy, at his age. 

Live in Manchester? Fuck that. Private jet on the day of the match. Private jet back out afterwards.

Even better, helicopter landing on the pitch and flying from the pitch.

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Manchester is not quite Aberdeen! Since they're no longer in the premier league I guess he'd not need to worry about having to cope with a cold night at the Britannia.

I agree that Woodburn does not have great physical attributes. It's a shame that the number 10 has sort of gone of out fashion in Football. There's a reason the Mancs love Cantona. I still think Klopp could find a role for him in midfield. Does he lack stamina too? I still think he has technical ability, finishing and weight of pass that is rare. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Messi should just retire. Why bother going to City, he's earned a fortune at Barcelona, should just enjoy his money.

He has so many endorsements deals dependent upon him actually playing that he can't really just pack up. Also, footballers live in this moneyed bubble that they would find very difficult to be outside of, even if (like Messi) they aren't especially known for having a lavish lifestyle.