You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Why the fuck is that far right twat Sam Harris getting given time on BBC 1 right now? 

They that idiot Darren Grimes talking about education on the bbc the other day. It's what they do, pollute the airwaves with far right drivel.

Casually googling the new DG of the BBC and discover he was he Deputy Chairman of the Hammersmith and Fulham Conservatives. 

In his first 24 hours he wants to stop stars having other jobs, stop them tweeting negative comments about the govt and scrap the license fee.

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Why the fuck is that far right twat Sam Harris getting given time on BBC 1 right now? 

Probably after his own show .....

It’s what the BBC do, that twat  Giles Coren got his own show (Amazing Hotels) only the other week despite this ...And it’s not the first time he’s been accused of it 

Outspoken columnist Giles Coren has stirred controversy after a former colleague, who worked with him on a BBC show, accused him of making a racist remark during production

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/giles-coren-deletes-twitter-account-22130156

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The beeb almost single-handedly legitimised Farage years ago.

UKIP came third on the popular vote in 2015.

Its a chicken and egg scenario though and as much as I’d like the little toad like cunt expunged  from British politics forever they did have a legitimate claim to be representative of a large part of the UK, which I’m appalled and dumbfounded by.

I agree with you, but I think there’s a much larger conversation needed about what views are ‘right’ and which are ‘wrong’ and how these should be presented. Farage is a cunt, and for me, anybody who voted for his myopic, xenophobic shite is as well, but were they created by the BBC etc or we’re they merely giving fair voice to a representative party, I think it’s somewhere in the middle and that’s something the major parties were very late to the party in understanding.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, thanks to a looming Brexit vote stirred-up from nothing, and the existence of the soft-Tory Lib Dems, and the chaos in Scotland. 

What's my point?  

Nothing is designed by the left, it's all designed by the right, all the subterfuge and bullshit and fake politics.

It's time that the grassroots left took the 2024 GE seriously.

Set-up a fake right-wing party to rival Tories and UKIP in some regions, and start door-stepping these stupid big-mouthed fuckers with a camera and some awkwardly-written questions, to generate some 20 second viral bombs on social media. Play dirty.

Farage would be toast if there was a canny left-wing equivalent of Bannon.  Married with a German wife, kids with German passports, I bet there's a video of them speaking German.  Shooting fish. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yes, thanks to a looming Brexit vote stirred-up from nothing, and the existence of the soft-Tory Lib Dems, and the chaos in Scotland. 

What's my point?  

Nothing is designed by the left, it's all designed by the right, all the subterfuge and bullshit and fake politics.

It's time that the grassroots left took the 2024 GE seriously.

Set-up a fake right-wing party to rival Tories and UKIP in some regions, and start door-stepping these stupid big-mouthed fuckers with a camera and some awkwardly-written questions, to generate some 20 second viral bombs on social media. Play dirty.

Farage would be toast if there was a canny left-wing equivalent of Bannon.  Married with a German wife, kids with German passports, I bet there's a video of them speaking German.  Shooting fish. 

The real power of Farage is he’s cunning enough to appeal to the disenfranchised working class as much as he his the upper crust who just hate everything. And, I agree, he had a lot of friends in high places helping him get front and centre, but people wanted him/it, that’s what needs to be accepted.

The Populist handbook utilised fully. 

I’m with you, we need some cunts on our side, it’s not difficult to do what they did, it just requires a flexible morality, which is ironically what we can not have if we are to maintain the ideological upper hand.

A true bind.  

37 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Its a chicken and egg scenario though and as much as I’d like the little toad like cunt expunged  from British politics forever they did have a legitimate claim to be representative of a large part of the UK, which I’m appalled and dumbfounded by.

I agree with you, but I think there’s a much larger conversation needed about what views are ‘right’ and which are ‘wrong’ and how these should be presented. Farage is a cunt, and for me, anybody who voted for his myopic, xenophobic shite is as well, but were they created by the BBC etc or we’re they merely giving fair voice to a representative party, I think it’s somewhere in the middle and that’s something the major parties were very late to the party in understanding.

I think when he was on QT once a month when they had one fucking seat in parliament (yes, you can argue a PR voting system would have given them a couple of dozen probably) then you can argue the BBC helped to create this shite.

Just as having cuddly, jovial, one of the lads, Boris as guest host of HIGNFY once a fortnight helped with the cunt's populality.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

I think when he was on QT once a month when they had one fucking seat in parliament (yes, you can argue a PR voting system would have given them a couple of dozen probably) then you can argue the BBC helped to create this shite.

Just as having cuddly, jovial, one of the lads, Boris as guest host of HIGNFY once a fortnight helped with the cunt's populality.

Maybe our lot should be more charismatic then as they had ample screen time to get their ‘personalities’ across if that’s what we’re dealing with.

I fucking despise Farage, but you’re talking about de-platforming someone who got more votes than the Lib Dem’s and as much as we hate his views numerically millions of others don’t. 

As much as I’d like to never see or hear the cunt again we only have our version of ‘right’ to fight for, others, as much as I deplore it think deferentially and cling to a sepia tinged version of history and prejudice. 

We need to be better than them, that’s it.

Farage has been stinking out Question Time since 2000, long since he was a player. It's because he says outrageous shit and it plays well with social media shares, but in the process makes the gammons think "well if he can say it why can't I?"

They had him on GMTV the other day commenting on black lives matter. Womder why that was? Didn't know it was his area of expertise. 

20200831_215437.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Farage has been stinking out Question Time since 2000, long since he was a player. It's because he says outrageous shit and it plays well with social media shares, but in the process makes the gammons think "well if he can say it why can't I?"

They had him on GMTV the other day commenting on black lives matter. Womder why that was? Didn't know it was his area of expertise. 

20200831_215437.jpg

He’s poison, I agree, and he has a lot of friends in high places who are enabling him, but, again, he is representative, weather we like it or not.

But, we have to consider who his voters are and why?

They are the disenfranchised, low skilled, under payed, sidelined, marginalised, undereducated masses who have been let down by every political party since Thatcher’s Tories. As soon as a snake oil salesman like Farage came along and offered them agency they jump on it and, yes, it emboldens them and they act like cunts.

‘We’ allowed Farage to come to prominence through our own aquiesence, we allowed it to creep up and it’s up to us to continue to fight it.

There is a conspiracy which is playing out, but it’s not a conspiracy that absolves us of blame.

• Upvote 1

The Greens had an M.P., which ukip didn't, they had lots of councillors, which ukip didn't. Both parties had about the % support nationally but guess which cunting one was on QT and politics today every other week.

A few years ago they held party conferences at the same time and always remember on BBC website, first 3 or 4 items were ukip and somewhere near the bottom was a single link to the Green conference.

The question is was it deliberate bias or as was said, softarse would something controversial and generate viewers/hits. 

Same as all the free publicity Trump got in 2016. 

You put someone front and centre all the time they will become known, which in of itself will aid them politically

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The Greens had an M.P., which ukip didn't, they had lots of councillors, which ukip didn't. Both parties had about the % support nationally but guess which cunting one was on QT and politics today every other week.

A few years ago they held party conferences at the same time and always remember on BBC website, first 3 or 4 items were ukip and somewhere near the bottom was a single link to the Green conference.

The question is was it deliberate bias or as was said, softarse would something controversial and generate viewers/hits. 

Same as all the free publicity Trump got in 2016. 

You put someone front and centre all the time they will become known, which in of itself will aid them politically

Look away from the GE’s and you’ll find your answers, they mobilised and got shit done...

F9F6A5BF-3CD6-4F78-88F9-2CB542149040.png

And, I’ll say again we sleep walked in to this by being complacent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Exactly what a tory would say.

Rico makes a valid point though, look what happened in Scotland a few years ago when Labour took voters for granted and the SNP kept banging on and on about matters which concerned the Scottish electorate.