You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good ol Rico, he's flushed out a Marxist, we can all sleep safe tonight. I bet that commie Ash Sakar drinks vodka and not water.

What are you on about Gnosher? That’s her schtick, she says it on every tv show she’s been on. I think it’s her twitter bio too. 

14 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I wonder how many times it needs to be attempted before one can conclude that all the terror, oprression and general human rights abuses are a feature, not a bug.

Evidently we've not hit the threshold. The definition of insanity, as they say.

I'm on the lookout Stronts, me you and Rico will flush them out, i check under my bed every night. All good citizens should do the same.

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I love Histories Biggest Fibs (I think it’s called, or something like that) I also love her fondness for fancy dress and innuendo.

When she went to Wed Square in Wussia to do a series on how the woyal Womanovs wuled until the Wevolution, I thought someone at the BBC was taking the piss. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Apart from the gulags, the murders, the starvation etc why wouldn’t someone look at the communists and think “You know what, I think this is for me”?

I've never read the Communist Manifesto.  If it preaches the horrors of Stalinism, Maoism and the Khmer Rouge as essential to Communism, then you're right. Conversely, if it's possible to interpret those things as not being "true" Communism, then you'll have to find something else to attack Sarkar for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've never read the Communist Manifesto.  If it preaches the horrors of Stslinism, Maoism and the Khmer Rouge as essential to Communism, then you're right. Conversely, if it's possible to interpret those things as not being "true" Communism, then you'll have to find something else to attack Sarkar for.

Call yourself a commie! 

‘In short, the Communists everywhere support every revolutionary movement against the existing social and political order of things.

In all these movements they bring to the front, as the leading question in each, the property question, no matter what its degree of development at the time. 

Finally, they labour everywhere for the union and agreement of the democratic parties of all countries.

The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims.

They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions.

Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

WORKING MEN OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!’  

Ive read most of the Marx/Engles stuff and a lot of the later stuff, occupational hazard.

56 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Love that film.

George C Scott's face when he's getting excited about how fast and manoeuvrable the US bombers are... and then he realises the implications of that.

One thing the film shows is that Commies and Capitalists are all fucking nuts!

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Kind of true of Capitalism too, though.

Capitalism is very far from perfect, we all agree. But nobody built a wall to stop people fleeing from West Germany to East Germany, and nobody put to sea in a raft to escape from Florida to Cuba.

9 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Capitalism is very far from perfect, we all agree. But nobody built a wall to stop people fleeing from West Germany to East Germany, and nobody put to sea in a raft to escape from Florida to Cuba.

Are they not capitalists who are stopping people cross borders and seas now?

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don’t think the worlds last remaining communist states of North Korea, Cuba or China are advocating open borders. That said, none of the refugees seem to want to go there. 

Not the point I was making though was it? Try to enter the king of the capitalists dream America if you're from Mexico. 

30 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

They go in a raft to escape from France, are the french commies as well?

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought I'd look up something about what Sarkar actually believes (instead of us lot just speculating), so, obviously, the best place to find political theory is Teen Vogue.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/ash-sarkar-communist-called-piers-morgan-idiot

20200901_220923.png

20200901_220953.png

20200901_221023.png

20200901_221054.png

I think that’s lifted from an episode of the Wright Stuff.  She doesn’t mention what happens to those who might not agree with her, or those that start off agreeing and then change their minds.  I think that’s when it starts getting a bit, murdery. Or even when people want to decide if everyone has had enough and start to ask for elections. 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think it’s a genuine question as to why risk your life crossing the channel to end up living on the streets of the uk if you are already living in France and hence safe. I think the people smugglers (who are mainly organised crime) lie about what life is like in the UK to encourage demand. However I’m only speculating and don’t know the answer. Does anybody ? 

Decent bitter.