You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4

niallers

A loss and a draw and we are fifth and it’s very clearly possible. These websites and odds stuff etc can give whatever percentages they want. Football doesn’t work like that. It works to fuck you over as we all know. That John Moss cunt refeeeing Chelsea today isn’t factored into those percentages is he. He didn’t just have a shocker today he was laughably biased again.

I think we are going to scrape through against Roma and it’s going to leave the team a bit mentally drained for Sunday where we will lose 1-0. The last game against Brighton is going to be nervy as fuck because obviously 4th is vital but I also want Salah to bag at least 32 in the league. If we finish fifth it will put even more unnecessary pressure on the CL final.

Klopp mentioned it before the game and he’s right. Every game is important which is why he went as strong as he could. It’s a nightmare because every single game is on a knife edge because of the last one.

• Upvote 1

Can't believe we've allowed it to come to this. To only get 2 points from relegation certs WBA and Stoke when beating either would have all but guaranteed top 4. It's ridiculous. I've already accepted that top 4 will be decided on the final day. Just pray we can do the job and beat fucking Brighton at home. Would be a formality on most days but after our last 2 league results, who knows what we'll do.

Think the point is we could have been playing our full reserves this game. Just don't need to be risking our best players, I was absolutely shitting myself when Salah began limping in the second half. That was like thinking chances of both winning the CL and qualifying both done. We just don't need to carrying fatigued players into this game when we didn't have to.

We aren’t doing it. I think Hughton is going to have them absolutely fired up for it after the handshake business the last time we played them. Throwing the top 4 away from the position we were in is brutal mainly because it was entirely avoidable. Even today it was back to type with a performance like that. I love Klopp but I really do wish he didn’t make so many horrific decisions in game.

We aren’t doing it. I think Hughton is going to have them absolutely fired up for it after the handshake business the last time we played them. Throwing the top 4 away from the position we were in is brutal mainly because it was entirely avoidable. Even today it was back to type with a performance like that. I love Klopp but I really do wish he didn’t make so many horrific decisions in game.

If we throw it away, it will be the biggest bottle job seen in football for a long time. There's no way we should have allowed it to come to this but here we are. Our form has gone to shite so I'm not confident of beating Brighton. They're better than WBA and Stoke who got a point from us so they'll fancy their chances. 

• Upvote 1

So now we're down to one must win game cause our squad is so shit that we can't pick up wins against anyone in the league when changes are made.

We should beat Brighton but then again we shouldn't have been in this position in the first place.

Firmly on the owners sell to buy policy.

• Upvote 1

We've had 2 games a week with the same players having to play both since March. On Wednesday we were completely goosed Hopefully the absence of a midweek game will help against Brighton.

Luckily they are safe and have no motivation. We still have to give everything in this game.

We've had 2 games a week with the same players having to play both since March. On Wednesday we were completely goosed Hopefully the absence of a midweek game will help against Brighton.

Luckily they are safe and have no motivation. We still have to give everything in this game.

Is the right answer.

Last season's Boro game all over again.

Will be tense for sure.

Fully expect Chelsea to win in midweek.

plus if we win big ears where we finish is virtually immaterial.

This thinking and mindset is what got us in this situation.

Arrogant and uninterested in the league recently. Like it's not important enough. Inexcusable.

Can't see any slip-ups from Chelsea or Spurs , we need to beat Brighton & with a week's rest we will do that. Obviously don't want any injuries but can't have any of the CL Final players not having a game for 3 weeks , so go with the full team.

Huddersfield will get a point in midweek, I think.

I’m clinging to that hope, Chelsea weren’t that good today, Huddersfield have plenty to still play for, and Wagner will hopefully do his mate a good turn.

Chelsea also have a pretty poor record at St James Park, so hopefully Rafa can do us a favour in that one as well.

I really hope Real Madrid sign Hazard, because they will be pretty ordinary without him.

Could have done without this though, it would have been nice to rest a few players next week.

I’m clinging to that hope, Chelsea weren’t that good today, Huddersfield have plenty to still play for, and Wagner will hopefully do his mate a good turn.

Chelsea also have a pretty poor record at St James Park, so hopefully Rafa can do us a favour in that one as well.

I really hope Real Madrid sign Hazard, because they will be pretty ordinary without him.

Could have done without this though, it would have been nice to rest a few players next week.

They have nearly 2 weeks rest after Brighton

Ok i can understand protecting players from injury due to state of squad...but reality is we have two games in 20 days left - not a big ask.