You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4

niallers

How dare anyone fuck with The Rev. Genuinely the best poster on the FF. just needs a bit more smut on the GF and he will be out on his own. Spend some time with Col or Alan Rev. It will do as all good.

• Upvote 1

Why “The Rev” what’s that nickname all about? I’ve always wondered.

Anyway Rev, you’re a good poster, apart from when you do actually chat shite! And that’s only ever with your love of swap deals!

There’s no point in leaving if you enjoy it mate. Have a few days away if need be and come back refreshed ready for the final, actually take our Mo with you whilst your at it. We need you back for the when the window opens because your positivity in believing we could sign Messi is what we need amongst all the gloom mongers on here. Long story short. Don’t go.

It is to me.

Imagine you’ve been going to a pub for fourteen years. You just hang out, chat a little football, have a quiet drink, go home. It’s something you like to do, most days. Now imagine someone else in the pub decides to have a go at you. To your knowledge you’ve not even spoken to them before, but one day they take it on themselves to have a pop at you.

After they unload on you they say, perhaps imagining themselves to be a fair-minded person, “It’s best we avoid each other.”

That’s what this feels like to me and to be honest it’s not what I come here for.

I’ve tried to reflect on what I said that could have prompted the attack from you. I was cack handed in the Chelsea comment, but basically I was saying that their disappointment will be all the more sweet if they fall at the last, having got so close to us in the final stretch here.

But you decided to insult me, partially quoting me in an unfair way and saying I talk a load of shit. I asked for some insight on that, but you were not able to give a football opinion.

Then you took it further and said you’ve never liked me (are we 13 year old girls now or something? We’ve never even spoken on here before, to my knowledge) and you said I was acting the billy big bollocks towards Chelsea (never mind that from time to time there’s a culture on here calling the troops to rally, saying “believe”, “hands in the bucket” “we’ll win the CL” etc.)

You said I was condescending towards others and called me a sneering tit (that’s the infamous insult I called Captain some time ago, who took exception to my overly optimistic Liverpool prediction and insulted me about it. The reason I called him the name, which I regret, is that he wouldn’t even bury the hatchet after I offered him an olive branch after he insulted me. I tried to bend over backwards to meet him way beyond halfway, but he wasn’t having it).

Anyhow, I’ve posted on here since 2004. You are not far behind me in that. I also see that you are a member of the site.

I genuinely don’t understand why a good red who is a member here would have a go at another, especially when they’ve had no relationship before to speak of, and over what, exactly? I’m at a loss to know why you turned on me so personally.

I reported your post to Dave. It’s the only time I’ve ever done that, as to me it’s just not on. I’m gutted that it gives Dave something to deal with that he shouldn’t have to.

These days, like most people, I’m too busy with work and various responsibilities. I come on here for a bit of respite from all that, and to be in touch with a sense of ‘home’, all around a common interest with fellow reds.

I’m going to police myself and take a break from the forum. I may be back, or I may not. I understand some will laugh, and call it a flounce and so on, but I’m genuinely at a loss as to why a fellow red, a member of the site, should have a go at me, in such a personal way, when we’ve not even spoken before.

To be honest it’s crap, and it’s not how I am going to continue to spend my pleasure/leisure time.

I have issues with what you say on occasions as indeed you and others will have with some of my posts at times and a few resort to aggressive name calling tactics. Jimmy aka Ratcatcher aka San Don was a prime example,  Just ignore them, the vast majority on here respond in kind to people that disagree respectfully with things you say . Leave and you allow those that go over the top to succeed in getting to you, I am sure I speak for most members when saying "stick around". 

It is to me.

Imagine you’ve been going to a pub for fourteen years. You just hang out, chat a little football, have a quiet drink, go home. It’s something you like to do, most days. Now imagine someone else in the pub decides to have a go at you. To your knowledge you’ve not even spoken to them before, but one day they take it on themselves to have a pop at you.

After they unload on you they say, perhaps imagining themselves to be a fair-minded person, “It’s best we avoid each other.”

That’s what this feels like to me and to be honest it’s not what I come here for.

I’ve tried to reflect on what I said that could have prompted the attack from you. I was cack handed in the Chelsea comment, but basically I was saying that their disappointment will be all the more sweet if they fall at the last, having got so close to us in the final stretch here.

But you decided to insult me, partially quoting me in an unfair way and saying I talk a load of shit. I asked for some insight on that, but you were not able to give a football opinion.

Then you took it further and said you’ve never liked me (are we 13 year old girls now or something? We’ve never even spoken on here before, to my knowledge) and you said I was acting the billy big bollocks towards Chelsea (never mind that from time to time there’s a culture on here calling the troops to rally, saying “believe”, “hands in the bucket” “we’ll win the CL” etc.)

You said I was condescending towards others and called me a sneering tit (that’s the infamous insult I called Captain some time ago, who took exception to my overly optimistic Liverpool prediction and insulted me about it. The reason I called him the name, which I regret, is that he wouldn’t even bury the hatchet after I offered him an olive branch after he insulted me. I tried to bend over backwards to meet him way beyond halfway, but he wasn’t having it).

Anyhow, I’ve posted on here since 2004. You are not far behind me in that. I also see that you are a member of the site.

I genuinely don’t understand why a good red who is a member here would have a go at another, especially when they’ve had no relationship before to speak of, and over what, exactly? I’m at a loss to know why you turned on me so personally.

I reported your post to Dave. It’s the only time I’ve ever done that, as to me it’s just not on. I’m gutted that it gives Dave something to deal with that he shouldn’t have to.

These days, like most people, I’m too busy with work and various responsibilities. I come on here for a bit of respite from all that, and to be in touch with a sense of ‘home’, all around a common interest with fellow reds.

I’m going to police myself and take a break from the forum. I may be back, or I may not. I understand some will laugh, and call it a flounce and so on, but I’m genuinely at a loss as to why a fellow red, a member of the site, should have a go at me, in such a personal way, when we’ve not even spoken before.

To be honest it’s crap, and it’s not how I am going to continue to spend my pleasure/leisure time.

For what it's worth, I hope you stick around as the post you are responding to here said alot more about the original poster than it said about you. Hopefully he will go away to the other forum and reflect on his own posts rather than try and nitpick other people's.

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren insists history repeating itself can be a good thing for their Champions League aspirations.

Defeat at Chelsea on Sunday left Jurgen Klopp’s side heading into the final match of the season most likely needing victory over Brighton to secure a top-four spot having squandered opportunities against West Brom and Stoke.

Victory for Antonio Conte’s side, currently in fifth, at home to Huddersfield on Wednesday would see them draw level with Liverpool on 72 points, albeit with a vastly inferior goal difference. Tottenham are also in the hunt making it a three-way battle for the last two spots.

It all means Liverpool would have to match Chelsea’s result on Sunday at Newcastle in order to guarantee Champions League football next season – although they would have one last chance in the final against Real Madrid later this month.

A year ago they had to do the same in terms of Arsenal’s result and responded with a 3-0 win at home to Middlesbrough.

“It’s a similar (situation). We know what we can expect,” Lovren told liverpoolfc.com.

“It will definitely be tough. Brighton showed in their previous game against Manchester United that they can win against big teams.

“But I’m confident we can do it. It’s still in our hands. The next game will definitely be a tough game but I’m confident we can manage to win it.”

Sorry in advance Rev but Jesus Christ he’s brave reading some of the posts on here! It’s enough to turn the purist minds into pure filth. Better start watching what I say to him from now on.

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren insists history repeating itself can be a good thing for their Champions League aspirations.

Defeat at Chelsea on Sunday left Jurgen Klopp’s side heading into the final match of the season most likely needing victory over Brighton to secure a top-four spot having squandered opportunities against West Brom and Stoke.

Victory for Antonio Conte’s side, currently in fifth, at home to Huddersfield on Wednesday would see them draw level with Liverpool on 72 points, albeit with a vastly inferior goal difference. Tottenham are also in the hunt making it a three-way battle for the last two spots.

It all means Liverpool would have to match Chelsea’s result on Sunday at Newcastle in order to guarantee Champions League football next season – although they would have one last chance in the final against Real Madrid later this month.

A year ago they had to do the same in terms of Arsenal’s result and responded with a 3-0 win at home to Middlesbrough.

“It’s a similar (situation). We know what we can expect,” Lovren told liverpoolfc.com.

“It will definitely be tough. Brighton showed in their previous game against Manchester United that they can win against big teams.

“But I’m confident we can do it. It’s still in our hands. The next game will definitely be a tough game but I’m confident we can manage to win it.”

Maybe he can try not to tackle like a twat again as he may not get away with it this time. I wish he would shut up. He is not good enough to talk . Is he a bit thick? He Is our weakest link but never shuts up.

Maybe he can try not to tackle like a twat again as he may not get away with it this time. I wish he would shut up. He is not good enough to talk . Is he a bit thick? He Is our weakest link but never shuts up.

Agreed. look at Henchoz, the strong silent type.

Anyway, I just seen Klopp said it wouldn't be us if we didn't do things the hard way, or words to that effect.

We've thrown away loads of points and should have it wrapped up by now, but he is right.

Jürgen Klopp is hopeful that Liverpool will feel the benefits of a week-long build-up to what could be a decisive meeting with Brighton and Hove Albion on the final day of the Premier League season.

With their Champions League commitments over until a final date with Real Madrid on May 26, the Reds have a rare free week ahead of bringing a close to their league campaign at Anfield on Sunday.

And, after Chelsea put themselves back in the hunt for a top-four finish with a 1-0 win over Klopp's men last weekend, the German boss is particularly appreciative of the extra preparation time.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm really happy that this very intense period is over now because we have one week to prepare for Brighton.

"[it] will be a difficult game but we have one week - that feels like a year and we will use that.

"Hopefully they all came through the game then one week is fantastic.

"If one or two had little problems then one week is short as well but so far I didn't hear anything and I hope it stays like this."

Should Chelsea defeat both Huddersfield Town and Newcastle United before the season is out, nothing less than three points will do for Liverpool against Brighton if they are to return to Europe's top table next term.

But Klopp is relaxed about that prospect, not least because his players have full control of their own destiny.

He added: "It's my life, it's our life, that we always make it a little bit more exciting. 

"We had these situations a few times and it will be, for sure, exciting because Brighton is in a good moment, they played fantastic against [Manchester] United.

"But it's all OK, as long as we have it in our own hands, life is good.

"We still have to take it then but we will try everything."

Sorry in advance Rev but Jesus Christ he’s brave reading some of the posts on here! It’s enough to turn the purist minds into pure filth. Better start watching what I say to him from now on.

The called him The Reverend when he entered the church

Unstained