You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porto(h) Champions League- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

I’m not going into this game thinking the tie is over (not that I’m actully playing or anything) but I still have worries about if a couple of our defenders or keeper have a couple of early brainfarts then it will be typical of us to have a game on our hands needlessly. We need to go out to win.

I don't think giving each of them an hour is that bad an idea at all. It keeps them sharp.

I dunno. We’ve complained in the past about a small squad and busy schedule. This one is done. Give minutes to the boys who won’t be playing every game.

90 mins for Klavan, Moreno, matip, lallana, oxocube, solanke and Ings. Maybe some of the younger lads too off the bench.

I still reckon we need to start with a semi strong team, Porto have no choice but to throw themselves forward from the off, so I'd like for us to score first to stop them getting any wise ideas.

After that the rest of the game will be easy enough, make the relevant subs and see if some of the second string can make a statement.

I'd rest the front 3 but the rest of the team I'd keep the regulars. Don't want to get into a situation where Porto take the lead by a few goals, knowing how we can occasionally implode when under pressure. 

Mate you and me could play tonight and we'd still go through comfortably.