You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porto(h) Champions League- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Bit of a weird one, tie is over and we're in great form. I think Jurgen should ring the changes here considering we have the Manc cunts on Saturday at 12:30. Would go. Karius, TAA, Gomez, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Oxlade Chamberlain, Ings. 1-1 draw.

Don't treat this one the way Arsenal treated their second leg against Ostersunds. I'd expect us to get through given we have a 5-goal lead, but it's about mentality and momentum. A slack approach with one eye on the weekend's game is something I hope Klopp guards against. He doesn't need a full-strength team out there, but their attitude has to be right.

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous result that 1st leg. Does Klopp not know we like nerve jangling 2nd legs under the lights.

He does'nt get us.................................................

We’ll get one or two of them before we’re finished!

As for this game, tough to know what to do. The tie is over, but you still want a decent showing, and with Man Utd coming up you want to rest a few. The chances to rest the front three between now and the end of the season might be all but gone, apart from this one.

Shooter in the Motor...has...been...sacked!!!

A usurper has stepped in! A rival. There's only one way to resolve this...well...two actually. County Road KFC or Otterspool prom. 

Are they getting chicken again in KFC? Yes? Let's go there!

It's going to be hard to balance keeping guys fresh and keeping momentum up. I wouldn't play any of the front 3,or at least just one. Risk is too great of injury given we've a massive opportunity to put one leg into next season's champions league against the mancs.

Unless we get a bad beating,I don't think a defeat affects our momentum much, if we change quite a few

Karius,Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno,can,Lallana,Milner,mane,Solanke,ings

Save the cavalry if needed!

I am right behind you, brother. And actually I am a good man to know in these situations, because with Anny Road away for a while, I am the hardest on the forum. You can pretty much ask anyone!

giphy.gif

Whoever started on the bench today (minus the keeper) will start. Then it’s about filling in the rest of the positions

Karius

Gomez

Lovern

Matip

Moreno

Milner

Gini

Lallana

Mane

Ings

Solanke

I'd happily have that. Klopp will never rest that many, though. Unfortunately. I expect:

Karius

Gomez Matip VVD Robertson

Gini  Milner  Can

Salah  Firmino  Mane

I can see him resting Ox, Lovren, and maybe Henderson but other than that I think it'll be full strength (and you could argue none of those players are actually in our best XI anyway).