You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pineapple on a pizza?

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sprouts on a pizza? 

That's some sick shit.

It was delicious. Pan fried the sprouts a bit first in butter and garlic, as well as the pancetta.

Bianco base with buffalo mozzarella, more garlic and a good grating of Parmesan on the top.

Chef’s kiss!

Would work without the pancetta for veggies too I reckon. 

On 08/03/2020 at 08:44, Dr Arthur De Sabre said:

I am not a former poster, just a bored one, I can see the site aging, and I don’t think it bodes well, the fletcher memorial beckons.

you formerly knew me as Arthur, but we get 3 name changes a month so I’ve been using the bells and whistles a bit more.

Not again Arthur! I can't keep up with your name changes. At least if you keep the Arthur part we know who you are. Hope your 'kidney(s)? ' are ok these days.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Thought I’d branch out a bit from my usual recipes the other night.

Sprout and pancetta pizza, top notch.

9CF2FEBC-E543-4975-89A7-57312266FDF8.jpeg

That looks and sounds lovely. Sprouts with pancetta as making my mouth water. Looks perfectly cooked as well. Bravo. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, bit of nuttiness you get from non-boiled-to-death sprouts would go well with the mozz (goats cheese would work too, but less pizza-friendly) and the pancetta would cut right through. Would want some herb on there too, but not sure what. A little rosemary?

Obviously then lashed with brown sauce to eat. In a bowl. With some peas.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It was delicious. Pan fried the sprouts a bit first in butter and garlic, as well as the pancetta.

Bianco base with buffalo mozzarella, more garlic and a good grating of Parmesan on the top.

Chef’s kiss!

Would work without the pancetta for veggies too I reckon. 

B1N6T99IYAA1Dfg.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I hope you offered them your sympathies?

I had a mate who emigrated with his family to the Perth area just under 20 years ago too.

He asked if we were from Liverpool, I had my Jurgen cap on and am a noisy fucker, poor bastard almost apologised when saying he was from Runcorn. My missus had the misfortune of working there for about 18 months back in the early 00’s so had a quick blether.