You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 31-Feb 1 2017)

tlw content

heavydandtheboyz.jpg

After a trying couple of weeks for us in which we’ve had nothing to smile about, along come Arsenal on their white horse to save the day. Arsenal Fan TV in the aftermath of their 2-1 defeat to Watford was as glorious as ever. They were all going mad about the team selection and saying they knew before the game they were in trouble. BOLLOCKS!!!!

They started with a front four of Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi and Giroud. Anyone who says they thought that wasn’t enough to beat Watford (winless in their last seven games) is lying like Donald fucking Trump. Wenger’s team selection wasn’t the reason they lost; they lost because they’re Arsenal and this is what they do. 

Just when you think they’re ready to make a move, they lose a game you can’t believe they’d ever lose. As a Liverpool fan I’m aware that I’m in a massive glass house lobbing bricks here, but it doesn’t make it any less true. 

Starting Dwayne Dibley at right back did seem a bit odd when Bellerin was on the bench, but you know what managers are like these days when it comes to protecting players who are coming back from injury. They’ve got Chelsea at the weekend, so was it really such a crime to start Gabriel against Watford and not risk Bellerin? If you’re a Wenger hater then of course it is! 

Kaboul’s deflected free kick gave Watford a dream start and Deeney quickly added a second after Capoue had sliced through Arsenal like a hot knife through butter. Arsenal played the first half like they were in a coma. They woke up in the second half and got one back from Iwobi, and it all looked to be heading towards the now customary Giroud stoppage time rescue act, but they’ve gone to the well one too many times of late and this time it had run dry. 

Cue everyone rushing to youtube to see what Heavy D and the boyz thought of it. 

I was looking at the titles of all the fan reaction videos, and it was a recurring theme… 

“Every year we bottle it” says Heavy D. 

“We’ll never win the title under this manager” says Claude. 

“The Chelsea game seems pointless now” says DT. 

“Wenger is a fraud” says Troopz (with numerous blud, fam references) 

Then there’s various others from jabronis I don’t know, saying “IT’S OVER!!” and “Arsene Wenger can take us no further” etc. 

Then you come to “Club Shop Ty”, bless his little cotton Arsenal logo emblazoned socks…. 

Laugh at him all you want, but don’t ever question his fanbase. 

Some of the things the other regular loons were saying actually struck a chord with me though. They’re pissed off that their team keeps building their hopes up only to shit the bed against teams in the bottom half. As much as I enjoy laughing at them, I know exactly how they feel, fam. You know what I’m sayin’ blud? It’s fucked up, fam. Losing to all these shit teams blud. 

Yeah I probably need to ween myself off Arsenal Fan TV, but it’s a powerful drug. 

Spurs dropped points on Tuesday too after being held to a goalless draw at Sunderland, who despite that good result are rooted to the bottom because other results didn’t go for them. The best thing about this dull game was Jack Rodwell going all 1970s with a brilliant foul to stop Dembele launching a counter attack. It was ace, just cynically hacked him down. 

The hysterical reaction from Sinclair and Murphy on MOTD shows you just how sanitised the game is now. “Oooooh that’s disgraceful, he could have seriously injured him”. No he fucking couldn’t you pair of fucking wet lettuces! It wasn’t a leg breaker, it was the kind of foul we all used to do as kids when someone was getting away from you and you knew you wouldn’t catch them so you just hacked the down. Personally I’d rescind his yellow card. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.