You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I think Milner does better on the right than in the middle. He's not explosive or anything, but he's a solid citizen out on the right, and so hopefully this will keep Mane on his toes. I could see Milner deputising well for Clyne, if needed.

As for Henderson, it will be interesting to see if he gets his best level back, as to me he looked good before the heel injury. Obviously not in the class of the sort of midfielders we've had over the years, but a good player nontheless. However...

The jury is out on how much regular football he will see in the middle of the park. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Milners end product from the right, in open play, is A1. And that's all he's good at.

A good solid Irish full back is something we've been missing since Finnan. However, Everton are said to be after Robbie Brady and we could never match their offer.

Brady's a nice footballer and dangerous at set pieces. His defensive work, as yet another converted winger, is questionable, however. Still an improvement on Moreno, if only because he seems to have some football intelligence...

I just can't see Klopp going into the season with only Moreno to rely on, It was clear he wanted Childwell so you have to think there are other options we are looking to bring in. Hector, Brady, Robinson! any of those would surely take Moreno's place

lallana?

Decent player, I'm expecting him to drop down the pecking order a bit though, due to lack of goals and assists.

My post was mostly about Milner and Henderson. Milner's best position is on the right, where there will be fierce competition ahead of him, most likely, so he could do a decent job as a back up right back.

It would be interesting to see if Henderson has such versatility, as I'm not sure he will start regularly in the middle, unless he gets his best form back from before last season.

A left back doesn't exist that would be the answer to our left back 'woes'. Whoever we sign will be too young or too old or not a big enough name, or too expensive or too cheap or too attacking or too defensive, or won't perform immediately or....

A left back doesn't exist that would be the answer to our left back 'woes'. Whoever we sign will be too young or too old or not a big enough name, or too expensive or too cheap or too attacking or too defensive, or won't perform immediately or....

Well, too cheap sounds like the best option.

• Upvote 1

Besiktas president confirms he wants Liverpool striker

GettyImages-463879864.jpg

Besiktas president Fikret Orman has confirmed interested in Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli as they continue efforts to find a replacement striker for Mario Gomez.

Orman told reporters at Besiktas’ pre-season Austria camp that he would like to see Balotelli at the club and that he has been misunderstood.

“Of course I would like to see him here, you may think he would cause problems but off the pitch he is a great kid,” Orman said.

Besiktas are targeting several strikers including Balotelli and Chelsea forward Loic Remy.

The Istanbul giants have made a move for Balotelli according to Fanatik but the Italian striker would have to accept a lower salary than he is currently paid at Liverpool if he was to make the move.

The Black Eagles will be without last seasons top scorer Gomez who will not return to the Istanbul giants.

Gomez won the league title with Besiktas and earned a place back in the Germany national team following an impressive debut season on loan at the club.

Besiktas have targeted experienced strikers from Europe’s top leagues over the past two seasons signing Demba Ba the summer before last followed by Gomez.

Balotelli had another disappointing season scoring just once in the Serie A for AC Milan but Besiktas head coach Senol Gunes has a history of turning around the careers of strikers.

Gunes transformed Burak Yilmaz during his time at Trabzonspor, Fernandao ended the season as Super Lig goal king under his stewardship at Bursaspor and he managed to get the best out of Gomez last season.

Besiktas won the league title last season and will compete in the Champions League.

celebration.gif
  • Upvote 5

We haven't signed a striker, a leftback, a true bastard for midfield or a decent center back. I can't see how this season will be any different from the last. Maybe because I'm such a cunt I don't have the rose tints on but fuck me, I would have expected better than what we've done so far and we still have the pandemic of shite at left back. Someone give me a reason to be cheerful, please. 

• Upvote 4

We haven't signed a striker, a leftback, a true bastard for midfield or a decent center back. I can't see how this season will be any different from the last. Maybe because I'm such a cunt I don't have the rose tints on but fuck me, I would have expected better than what we've done so far and we still have the pandemic of shite at left back. Someone give me a reason to be cheerful, please.

The defence will get longer to review their mistakes on video between games.

• Upvote 1