You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Maybe people need to learn these problems run long deeper than whoever manager then and always have done? Because I think it does.

Not sure what structural problems there are at the club that means we should be getting turned over by Burnley.

Yes, but if you're any good you don't lose 0-2 to Burnley looking completely clueless both going forward and at the back. No one's asking us to be Barca but a result like that will have people questionning what the manager is doing. I thought we would do well this season, but this result, coupled with Milner playing at left back, Henderson playing as the #6 and our general inability to create anything against a glorified Championship squad is immensely concerning to watch.

He needs to buy more players and ajust his tactics, it's that simple. We aren't good enough as it is.

Yeah it was shit but I don't see the point in either praising the fella to hilt when we win games but when we lose do a complete spin and say we're doomed when it's somewhere in the middle.

Not sure what structural problems there are at the club that means we should be getting turned over by Burnley.

Wasn't really talking about structure more just the way we are because these results happen every season no matter who the manager is. It's like groundhog day.

in one. I've harped on about it before, but Ancelotti is the one manager out there who reminds me of Bob. Quiet, unassuming, class act with the media and other managers, yet fucking ruthless when it comes to winning what counts. We needed a Paisley instead of a shankly when we sacked Rodgers.

Absolutely correct! I don't think we'd have got Ancelloti, but I'd have liked to have seen us try!

in one. I've harped on about it before, but Ancelotti is the one manager out there who reminds me of Bob. Quiet, unassuming, class act with the media and other managers, yet fucking ruthless when it comes to winning what counts. We needed a Paisley instead of a shankly when we sacked Rodgers.

I like that line.  If Klopp fails, I'm going to pretend I said it.  If he doesn't, I'm going to remember you said it.  

• Upvote 2

I don't care how good a manager is, you can't win things with shit players.

And if he hasn't realised that those players are shit, then he can't possibly be that great a manager.

Now it may well be that Klopp is hamstrung behind the scenes, which would fit with the fact that our net spend this season has been about 11 shekels, with the £150m TV money obviously trousered for brandy and cigars at the FSG clubhouse.

If that's the case, I wish he wouldn't be so effusive in his praise of footballers who are barely deserving of the name.

• Upvote 2

People are criticising the manager for not replacing and playing players that they wanted sold, or out of the team, before he came.

If anything, it's only Klopp's popularity and patience for him personally, that stopped this being an issue sooner.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely correct! I don't think we'd have got Ancelloti, but I'd have liked to have seen us try!

im sure he came out and said he did speak to us not long after the club denied it after we signed Klopp. There was a lot of tales doing the rounds that he'd told the club we needed a gk, ch, cm & striker if we needed to improve and Klopp had said he could make what we already had better. It was Twitter to be fair but it was getting said by a few genuines.

I like that line.  If Klopp fails, I'm going to pretend I said it.  If he doesn't, I'm going to remember you said it.

ha, you can have it mate. Its always done my head in that Bob gets overlooked whenever the greats get discussed (I've even seen reds say he was below Clough ffs), yet his record pisses over everyone's. Someone wrote on here a while back that you can take any 9 consecutive years of demento and he couldn't get near Bob. Greatest ever for me.
  • Upvote 2

I guess there is the chance that he thinks 90% of the squad he inherited is fucking shit, and that it simply isn't feasible to fuck them all off in one window.

I hope that's what he thinks anyway.

He's silly then because he's gonna be under pressure if they don't win something this year.

I don't care how good a manager is, you can't win things with shit players.

And if he hasn't realised that those players are shit, then he can't possibly be that great a manager.

Now it may well be that Klopp is hamstrung behind the scenes, which would fit with the fact that our net spend this season has been about 11 shekels, with the £150m TV money obviously trousered for brandy and cigars at the FSG clubhouse.

If that's the case, I wish he wouldn't be so effusive in his praise of footballers who are barely deserving of the name.

This is the thing I just can't figure out about Klopp. Even if his hands are tied financially, then you work around this by picking up unknowns like Klaven for next to nothing.

A shit player will always be shit. Moreno and Mignolet are always destined to be shit. Players like them cannot go on long run of games without costing you a goal or even worse cost you a game. Why would you even consider keeping them at the club when you didn't even sign them?

I just can't understand how they are both still at the club. Look at Pep at City? Didn't take him long to figure out Hart is a huge liability and his time at City is now done. This is what I was expecting Klopp to do with a lot more of our players.

• Upvote 2

Maybe people need to learn these problems run long deeper than whoever manager then and always have done? Because I think it does. 

Its like Ive said in another post. We must have had hundreds of players since 1992. We've had 8 managers excluding any temporary appointments in that time. In 26 years we've had 3 close runs for the title with 2014 being the closest.

We just dont have players with sufficient winning mentality. When you've got 5 or 6 players in your team earning 80 grand a week and more even if they lose, what incentive is there for them to really fight to get back in the game like today? Them fuckers had 88 minutes to find two goals but instead, conceeded another..

I just didnt see them coming back when the 2nd went in and thought we were going to struggle after conceeding 1 in the first 2 minutes.

I dont know how you find 4 or 5 players who have this mythical winning mentality. Its ok all the players jumping all over Klopp when they're beating teams but I want to see them take a game where they're 1 or 2 down come back, boss the oppos and actually put the ball in the onion sack.

As Ive said (sorry to repeat myself) Im tired of paying fucking extortionate amounts of money and seeing the same shit that Ive had to witness nearly every season over the last 26 years.

This is the thing I just can't figure out about Klopp. Even if his hands are tied financially, then you work around this by picking up unknowns like Klaven for next to nothing.

A shit player will always be shit. Moreno and Mignolet are always destined to be shit. Players like them cannot go on long run of games without costing you a goal or even worse cost you a game. Why would you even consider keeping them at the club when you didn't even sign them?

I just can't understand how they are both still at the club. Look at Pep at City? Didn't take him long to figure out Hart is a huge liability and his time at City is now done. This is what I was expecting Klopp to do with a lot more of our players.

Yep this is my gripe. We were told that this was the man who was going to kick arses and sort it all out yet nigh on a year later and with two windows to work with we are absolutely no further on, like you say Guardiola rocks up and is already sorting the wheat from the chaff and Mourinho turns Utd from a falling giant into what is looking like a very serious threat again albeit by signing huge cheques. This squad will achieve nothing yet again this season and it's getting very boring now. Dropped a massive, massive bollock not getting Ancelotti in.

Don't get me wrong I'm pissed off about today's result but I think it's WAY too early to start getting digs in at Klopp. That's a couple of people now who have said we should have got Ancelotti instead......were you saying that last week?

Someone mentioned above that they'd like to see us come back from losing positions to win games yet that is exactly what we did against Arsenal. We had another magical night at Anfield only a few months ago when we came from 2 goals behind against Dortmund. I dont care what anyone else says, Klopp has got these boys fighting.

Today was a stinker however it was Burnley's first home game since returning to the Premier League and the crowd were well up for it. It wasnt that long ago that they beat The Scum on their first game in the Prem too. These things happen. It's not like we were completely played off the park or out fought by them. They sat back, defended superbly and caught us twice.

We all ridiculed Arsenal last week for their chants at Wenger yet I dont see much difference here from some people. At least give it a month or so before gauging whether things have really changed or not.

• Upvote 5

Today was a stinker however it was Burnley's first home game since returning to the Premier League and the crowd were well up for it.

Yep. Imagine how intimidating it is for international footballers to play in front of the venerable Bob Lord Stand.

Do you have any idea who that is sponsored by?

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong I'm pissed off about today's result but I think it's WAY too early to start getting digs in at Klopp. That's a couple of people now who have said we should have got Ancelotti instead......were you saying that last week?

Someone mentioned above that they'd like to see us come back from losing positions to win games yet that is exactly what we did against Arsenal. We had another magical night at Anfield only a few months ago when we came from 2 goals behind against Dortmund. I dont care what anyone else says, Klopp has got these boys fighting.

Today was a stinker however it was Burnley's first home game since returning to the Premier League and the crowd were well up for it. It wasnt that long ago that they beat The Scum on their first game in the Prem too. These things happen. It's not like we were completely played off the park or out fought by them. They sat back, defended superbly and caught us twice.

We all ridiculed Arsenal last week for their chants at Wenger yet I dont see much difference here from some people. At least give it a month or so before gauging whether things have really changed or not.

To be honest, not being wise after the event here, I said out of the two my preference was Ancelloti, but that Klopp would do as we had no chance of getting Carlo!