You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

It's not two games tho is it! This has gone on for 26 years. In the 80's when we won fucking everything, we were the biggest moaners in the league. It's the fannying round from our modern day fans with the give him time mantra that's a big part of our problem

Fans have, relatively speaking, fuck all say.

Get a grip.

• Upvote 1

Fans have, relatively speaking, fuck all say.

Get a grip.

You mean like we had no say in getting rid of H&G?

Or getting the board to apologise for fucking up not buying a striker under Rogers first year?

Or getting the board to not put the ticket prices up last year?

Or more importantly, getting the verdicts overturned for the 96?

I'd say our fans have had more of a say in how things should be put right in the last 5 years than any other organisation on earth pal

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Behave, Martin.

Instead of making it a wider point about wanting Klopp, explain why you think he's right to persist with the LB everybody wants sold, the central midfield that we all reckon needs the biggest blackest son of a bitch you ever did see, and why we're wrong for thinking a striker is needed to aid our attempt to get into the top 4.

i will say that even massive players got balled out many years ago if their standards started to slip and they thrived on that pressure, which was accepted. the utter fannies we have bought since that culture has died have had a fucking easy ride that they have not deserved, most of them. it might have helped. sink or swim. some might have been able to dig deeper, who knows

Instead of making it a wider point about wanting Klopp, explain why you think he's right to persist with the LB everybody wants sold, the central midfield that we all reckon needs the biggest blackest son of a bitch you ever did see, and why we're wrong for thinking a striker is needed to aid our attempt to get into the top 4.

Because he's the manager, duh.

It is emabarrasing you're right.

The whole fucking country can see that they just need to hammer down their right wing and the utterly cabbage brained fuckwit, that Klopp can't improve upon, for "reasons", will oblige.

Its also embarrasing that we often need to score 4 fucking goals to win a football match.

Very fucking embarrassing.

I said when our fans turned on Rodgers that if they genuinely believed all of the club's problems were entirely his doing and that replacing him with a manager who had won another league would fix absolutely everything they were setting that man up for the same sort of kicking they gave his predecessor.

If managers had the sort of impact English football fans believe (and could be as easily and objectively identified as good or bad as they believe) then they'd be the ones moving for £100m fees and £350k a week wages and Spanish clubs, who tend to just hire whichever high profile former player fancies the job, wouldn't be completely dominating European football.

If Klopp doesn't deliver the miracles expected of him by our fanbase (as in, they genuinely believe he will perform them, having heralded him as some sort of infallible deity because he won the Bundesliga and is extremely charismatic) then they'll be giving him the full Rodgers treatment in 12-18 months time, if not much sooner.

• Upvote 2

I don't think you can judge Klopp by his apparent perseverance or backing for certain players, because I wouldn't expect him to throw them under the bus in public either. There's a reason Klopp is loved by players wherever he goes, and this is it.

Not really, he's (correctly) binned Ibe Benteke Kolo Skrtel and Allen off quick enough.

Not sure why Alberto, King of The Cabbages, couldn't have followed suit.

I said when our fans turned on Rodgers that if they genuinely believed all of the club's problems were entirely his doing and that replacing him with a manager who had won another league would fix absolutely everything they were setting that man up for the same sort of kicking they gave his predecessor.

If managers had the sort of impact English football fans believe (and could be as easily and objectively identified as good or bad as they believe) then they'd be the ones moving for £100m fees and £350k a week wages and Spanish clubs, who tend to just hire whichever high profile former player fancies the job, wouldn't be completely dominating European football.

If Klopp doesn't deliver the miracles expected of him by our fanbase (as in, they genuinely believe he will perform them, having heralded him as some sort of infallible deity because he won the Bundesliga and is extremely charismatic) then they'll be giving him the full Rodgers treatment in 12-18 months time, if not much sooner.

Its not expecting miracles to see that we need a proper left back for fucks sake.

Its sledgehammer on the bollocks obvious.

No, no, no. He's won things so people will never turn on him like Rodgers which is why people are saying he was the wrong appointment two games into his first full season as manager.

I said it last week after we beat Arsenal that people are so far out of touch with reality on here and it's true. I genuinely don't get it at all.

• Upvote 1

I'd just like to clarify that I'm behind him 100% and that I believe he's the right man to take us forward. I'm also of the opinion that when he fucks up, as he did yesterday, that we're entitled to point it out. No reason why he couldn't have started with the same team as Arsenal game minus Mane and then tweak later. That line up yesterday was a joke.

• Upvote 4

I'd just like to clarify that I'm behind him 100% and that I believe he's the right man to take us forward. I'm also of the opinion that when he fucks up, as he did yesterday, that we're entitled to point it out. No reason why he couldn't have started with the same team as Arsenal game minus Mane and then tweak later. That line up yesterday was a joke.

Amen

I don't agree with that.

I think, even more than he does, we all know the scale of the job Klopp is facing.

As I see it, I reckon so long as Klopp is making the right the moves - shifting the deadwood, bringing in player we need and playing good attacking football - he will have overwhelming support at Anfield.

I think we all know overtaking teams with great wealth and great managers is going to take sometime, but as long as we're moving towards that goal, we'll all be right behind him.

I don't agree with that.

I think, even more than he does, we all know the scale of the job Klopp is facing.

As I see it, I reckon so long as Klopp is making the right the moves - shifting the deadwood, bringing in player we need and playing good attacking football - he will have overwhelming support at Anfield.

I think we all know overtaking teams with great wealth and great managers is going to take sometime, but as long as we're moving towards that goal, we'll all be right behind him.

As long as he wins a trophy within 3 years he might get that time. The only thing that gets you time is success.

As long as he wins a trophy within 3 years he might get that time. The only thing that gets you time is success.

I think the fanbase will be united behind him for 5 years, even without a trophy, so long as it's clear he's moving towards the ultimate goal.

Certainly, I want Klopp to be our manager for the next 15 years.

No, no, no. He's won things so people will never turn on him like Rodgers which is why people are saying he was the wrong appointment two games into his first full season as manager.

I said it last week after we beat Arsenal that people are so far out of touch with reality on here and it's true. I genuinely don't get it at all.

Address the points people have made, instead of being arsey.

A lack of suitable alternatives gets you time.

Ive said it'll take Klopp a couple of transfer windows to bring about 'his' team. I fear he may have shot himself in the foot somewaht by saying 'there's no excuse' before this season started though.

Who are these people, and why don't you direct your point at them specifically?

"He was great yesterday, now he's shit?" type arguments aren't even highlighting a knee jerk reaction, they border on the strawman, such is their overall vagueness.

Argue a point, but don't make out everyone's singing from the same hymn sheet and is preparing their Klopp out banners.

• Upvote 4