You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Why am I getting negged for that article? I said I didn't agree that Klopp should be expected to challenge next year.

The rest of what he says is spot on and I said a few weeks ago the owners must be pissed about spending all those millions to hire Klopp and sack BR and there had been no progress, this time last year most fans had decided BR should go and now we are 10 points worse off.

Klopp will be under big pressure next season, he'll spend more then any other manager and fans have big expectations.I didn't like BR being hounded out after one bad season and I won't like it if it happens to Klopp, unfortunately the owners have set a precedent and if things go wrong fans will be very vocal after they saw they can influence the owners decisions like they did with Rodgers.

• Downvote 3

Does JP remember Rafa?

Yes I remember him very clearly, his sacking was what made me stay behind Rodgers.We had a manager who had the club doing as well as it had in years, after one bad season he was sacked and we suffered for years after that.

I was starting to think we would never get back to that level and then Rodgers came in and had us challenging out of nowhere, before last season started I knew we would have a poor season and didn't want to see the same happen to Rodgers, unfortunately it did.

• Downvote 3

You'd actually be worthy of less sympathy if this was genuine congenital stupidity than you are for doing this all the time.

Proper issues. Keep on laughing it up though.

The owners said they thought the manager should be getting more out of the squad and that's why Rodgers was sacked, Klopp is doing worse then BR.If people think they won't be disappointed about how things have gone that's up to them, they could have saved millions and just waited until the summer to hire Klopp.

You all said Klopp would do better and Rodgers was the problem, if you were all right Klopp should be doing better and it would be fair to expect to challenge next season like the article says.Rodgers challenged a season after inheriting out worst ever prem squad, Klopp has a much stronger squad and is apparently a far better manager.

When he spends big in the summer the pressure on him will increase massively, if things go wrong I won't be one of the fans calling for his head but there will be a lot who will.

• Downvote 3

I don't see the point! This is ridiculous.

If Klopp has three full years and is well backed by the owners, and benefits from having one of the clubs best ever players in top form, but manages to win nothing and sees it slipping backwards in his last year, then by all means compare to Brendan.

• Upvote 6

The owners said they thought the manager should be getting more out of the squad and that's why Rodgers was sacked, Klopp is doing worse then BR.If people think they won't be disappointed about how things have gone that's up to them, they could have saved millions and just waited until the summer to hire Klopp.

You all said Klopp would do better and Rodgers was the problem, if you were all right Klopp should be doing better and it would be fair to expect to challenge next season like the article says.Rodgers challenged a season after inheriting out worst ever prem squad, Klopp has a much stronger squad and is apparently a far better manager.

When he spends big in the summer the pressure on him will increase massively, if things go wrong I won't be one of the fans calling for his head but there will be a lot who will.

This thread is about Jurgen Klopp not Rodgers,go on the arguing about former managers thread if you want to keep up with this shit.It seems to me that you'd like nothing more than for klopp to fail just so that you can say I told you so.Call yourself a Liverpool supporter.
  • Upvote 2

Here's another way of looking at it

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/juren-klopp-progress/

"So, in Klopp’s 2015/16 season, we have scored 1.5 goals per game versus Rodgers 1.0, and conceded 1.0 goals per game versus Rodger’s 1.2. Hmmm… seems like progress again to me?

Finally on the stats front, we have had 14 clean sheets in Klopp’s 35 games. 4 of these have come in the last 6 games. Rodgers had 13 clean sheets in his final 35 games (fairly similar) but NONE in his final 6 games."

• Upvote 1

I don't see the point! This is ridiculous.

If Klopp has three full years and is well backed by the owners, and benefits from having one of the clubs best ever players in top form, but manages to win nothing and sees it slipping backwards in his last year, then by all means compare to Brendan.

As one of the best, and not least sensible, posters on here I'm very surprised you haven't realized this long ago.

• Upvote 1

As one of the best, and not least sensible, posters on here I'm very surprised you haven't realized this long ago.

Thank you for the compliment. Repped. Yes - I can be bought, ha!

You're quite right though. For a long time I thought JP got a bad rap and I preferred to see him as steadfast in his defence of Brendan Rodgers, which was laudable. However, it seems to be some way beyond that now. Perhaps I'm a bit naive and slow to see people on a wind up. 

Does anyone have any magic beans to sell to me? I've got good money I'll pay! 

• Upvote 2

Klopp isnt going anywhere bud for a long time..... unless he wants to leave.  Deal with it.

Thank you for the compliment. Repped. Yes - I can be bought, ha!

You're quite right though. For a long time I thought JP got a bad rap and I preferred to see him as steadfast in his defence of Brendan Rodgers, which was laudable. However, it seems to be some way beyond that now. Perhaps I'm a bit naive and slow to see people on a wind up. 

Does anyone have any magic beans to sell to me? I've got good money I'll pay! 

I actually have some magic beans - 10 Bitcoins per bag for you, friend.  PM me. 

• Upvote 1

Klopps new deal, he's just endorsed the new opel Insignia expect all reds to be buying, classy advert.

There will be Opel Insignias being burnt all along the County Road.

One big massive bonfire of Opel Insignias, crates of Carlsberg and anything that happens to be red.